Heard something in the “We’re Digging” segment of our podcast… but can’t quite remember which episode it was? Well, you’re not alone (heck, we can’t even keep all of the episodes straight) so to make it easier we’ve rounded them all up in one big master list for ya. Just scroll on down until you find it, plus you can click on any episode title to listen or view the full show notes. Happy Digging!
Episode #50: Behind The Scenes – Regrets, Bloopers, & Beyonce
- Sherry: Ms. Meyer’s Lemon Verbana candle because it matches the smell of our the all-purpose cleaner, so lighting it kinda makes us feel like we cleaned the kitchen.
- John: Mad Mattr kinetic sand because it has kept our kids busy for hours lately, and has proved less messy than other kinetic sands we’ve had in the past
Episode #49: The Problem With Following Decorating Trends
- Sherry: While her five year old “weekender” bag is no longer sold, but below are six similar options that would do the same job for quick trips: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6
- John: Stuffing a mesh laundry bag similar in your suitcase for a no-brainer way to sort dirty clothes on a trick. And if you’re looking for a set with smaller washer-ready bags, this 5-piece assortment could do the trick.
Episode #48: The Not-So-Peachy Part Of Our Beach House Renovation
- Sherry: Outdoor swings and such to encourage our kiddos to get more fresh air this summer – including some of those shown above: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
- John: Instagram accounts with#satisfying #soothing #calming videos, like our neighbor’s fast-growing Instagram slime account and some more listed below
Episode #47: How Do You Know If It’s Your “Forever House”?
- Sherry: “Pretty” toilet paper holders for your bathroom, like those shown below: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7
- John: Grand Designs on Netflix, a British design show that shows renovations on a scale unlike what we’re used to on most American TV.
Episode #46: The New Home Habit That’s Saving Us Nearly $1,000!
- Sherry: Here are the wireless Bluetooth headphones that Sherry’s fashionably sporting around the house every chance she gets (does she look excited, or what?).
- John: Tabletop fans, like the one we have in our bedroom (it’s made by Hunter so it’s got great power and we have had it for 3+ years) and the current version of our daughter’s fan (it also comes in other colors).
Episode #45: Why We Got Rid Of Half The Toys In Our House
- Sherry: The How I Built This, the podcast about how big business got their start, you can find episodes (like the Kendra Scott one Sherry loved) on their website or wherever you listen to our podcast.
- John: Fun / helpful beach equipment like an inflatable lounger (we spotted the Fatboy Lamzac in person, but there are less expensive options too, like the Air Lounger and the Chillbo Baggins) Update: only use these on sand/land and not in water (we’ve since heard about multiple issues with people being sucked under water if they break/pop/deflate). We loved the rolling beach cart we used at our Spring Break rental, and this version that turns into a table is pretty cool too. We’re also marveling over the “quicksand” blanket that doesn’t hold sand.
Episode #44: Are Open Floor Plans Over?
- Sherry: Window curtains that are 96″ (or longer!) which work great, even for standard height 8′ ceilings like ours. See some favorites below: 1 /2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
- John: The book So, You’ve Been Publicly Shamed which tells the stories of everyday people who catch the ire of the Internet mob.
Episode #43: A Surprise Birthday Adventure & Yay, Color!
- Sherry: Third Love’s push-up bra (which isn’t like the old push-ups you’re used to). Now that she’s a convert, she says she’s eying this one too.
- John: The Buzz Digger on Facebook, which features weird/cool products like My Critter Catcher (the humane spider picker-upper), the Paint2It Pro (the magical paint frisbee), and the Chill-O-Matic (the machine that seems to do the same job as a cup of ice).
Episode #42: How We Budget For Big Projects Without…
- Sherry: Oversized table lamps that make a big statement in a room (like those below, which are all at least 2 feet tall): 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / a / b / c
- John: The #TryPod Initiative that encouraging people to help others get started with podcasts (you can even send ’em to our Getting Started With Podcasts guide). And more specifically, the S-Town podcast we’re excited to check out as well as Planet Money – the nerdy but compelling look at all things economic in the world.
Episode #41: The Realities (And Not So Realities) Of Those TV…
- Sherry: Our favorite brand of apple cider vinegar. Just put it on everything and life will be awesome.
- John: The Roku 4 box that we’ve been using to stream some of our TV (namely Netflix and PBS Kids at this point) as we try to cut the cable cord.
Episode #40: Going On Vacation For “Research”
- Sherry: Our new favorite book, The Kind Worth Killing, for anyone who likes books like Gone Girl or The Girl on the Train. Bonus points for this one because it involves a renovation.
- John: Concave foam rollers (10-pack or 2-pack) that hugs the curved furniture leg better than a traditional foam roller.
Episode #39: How To Make House Cleaning Suck A Little Less
- Sherry: Her favorite new shoes (33% off right now) that go with her favorite jeans (which were in the wash for this pic, hence the baggy knees in this pic). Also, John’s shoes.
- John: Scrub Daddy (and Scrub Mommy), which we found in these 3-packs at Bed Bath & Beyond, but you can also get online.
Episode #38: How The Internet Changed & How Our Lives…
- Special episode… hence no We’re Digging
Episode #37: To Brass… Or Not To Brass
- Sherry: Charcoal deodorizing bags, which Sherry has been obsessed with for years (we just ordered two sets of them to replace our old ones, which Sherry originally read about in Real Simple magazine back in 2014). You can spy one on Sherry’s nightstand – it’s the gray, linen bag behind her book.
- John: Samplize, an Indiegogo campaign that seeks to create a removable paint swatch decals created with real manufacturer paint, for accurate color testing without all the wasted paint.
Episode #36: A BIG Beach House Update & Reflecting On Rejection
- Sherry: Sugru, a moldable rubber, that we got in the “classic” primary color pack (also comes in black & white or more colors) which we used to repair fraying charging cords.
- John: The outlet with the built-in nightlight that we bought and installed for our kids’ bathroom. So simple, and we love that it automatically turns on and off.
Episodes #35: When Someone You Love Gives You Something…
- Sherry: Fruit bowls, like the ones shown below, as an overlooked kitchen accessory that can breathe new life into your countertop zone: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8
- John: My Crazy Invention Sketchbook that is a nice combo of art and engineering for kids looking for a break from the standard coloring or activity book.
Episode #34: And Just Like That, The Beach House Threw...
- Sherry: Some books that encourage you to take-a-deep-breath : Chasing Slow & Hands Free Momma
- John: Glitch, a Netflix zombie show that’s not really about zombies at all (and a perfect, 6-episode binge watch!)
Episode #33: In Pursuit Of Buying Less & Doing More
- Sherry: Wood stain pens for touch-ups in floors and furniture. Our favorites are the Golden Oak and Ebony stain markers, but they come in plenty of other colors too.
- John: Groupon, specifically for their experience-based discounts that are great for getting excursion or outing ideas, even if you don’t buy the discount
Episode #32: The Stuff In Our House We Don’t Show You
- Sherry: @The_Home_Edit on Instagram if you want to fill your feed with more organized-within-an-inch-of-its-life eye candy.
- John: In a twist of format, John wasn’t digging the Roomba we once owned (a 595 series – but now the entry level is the Roomba 650).
Episode #31: We Picked A Beach House Color (In The Weirdest Way)
- Sherry: Not-cheap-but-DIY-friendly Butter London nail polish in colors like Trout Pout, Twist & Twirl, Ta Ta , Shop Girl, Top Coat, and Rather Red
- John: Wooden, laser-cut pet ID tags from Cropscotch: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6
Episode #30: How Minimalism Almost Grinched Our Christmas
- Sherry: Mermaid pillows like those shown below (many of which are available in alternate colorways) : 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8
- John: Wireless LED candles for you holiday windows, complete with an auto on/off timer, and a brighter side that faces the street.
Episode #29: An Unexpected Con To Calling In A Pro
- Sherry: Her favorite home books (especially for gifting): Absolutely Beautiful Things by Anna Spiro / My Prescription for Anti-Depressive Living by Jonathan Adler / Styled by Emily Henderson / Domino: The Book of Decorating / Domino: Your Guide To A Stylish Home / Young House Love and Lovable Livable Home (figured we’d toss ours in for good measure ;)
- John: The Grown-Ups Read Things They Wrote As Kids podcast for plenty of adults-relishing-their-younger-weirdness hilarity
Episode #28: Why Can’t We Pick A Dang Paint Color
- Sherry: Sherry’s favorite new jeans (no hemming required – even for short girls!), and John’s stretchy dreamboat pants.
- John: Small compartment organizers for storing nails, screws, washers, anchors, picture hangers, wire caps, etc. 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6
Episode #27: Finding Focus When You Just Wanna Renovate…
- Sherry: Stocking stuffers for the decor enthusiast: 3M Command velcro, OOK picture hangers, a level, a scented candle, a pretty frame, some ornaments, a small plant (even faux!), a cute dish towel, and ceramic anything.
- John: Stocking stuffers for the DIYer: safety goggles, work gloves, rags, carpenter pencils, tape measure (or pocket tape measure), small work light or flashlight, sanding blocks, short handled paint brush, and a bucket!
Episode #26: Are You Sitting Down? We’ve Got Big News!
- Sherry: Handmade custom address stampers found on Etsy (shown below)
- John: The hilarious & unlikely pair that is Martha & Snoop and their new show on VH1 called Martha & Snoop’s Pot Luck Dinner (Ep 2 is especially great).
Episode #25: Let’s All Stop Freaking Out About Holiday Decorating
- Sherry: Faucets with a pull-down sprayer, like the one we got for our new kitchen and others show below: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
- John: Voice-controlled smart home hubs like Google Home and Amazon Echo, which we don’t own but are admiring.
Episode #24: Renovating A Kitchen In Under A Weeek…
- Sherry: Different personalized Christmas ornaments for the kids, given each year (some of her favorites are below): 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 /11
- John: Books with aerial beach photography (to read & frame), like: Time And Tide by Christian Chaize, Beaches by Gray Malin, Overview by Benjamin Grant
Episode #23: Mo House, Mo Problems?
- Sherry: Social Print Studio’s Daily Calendar, a custom page-a-day calendar with 365 of your own photos
- John: Reply All a podcast about the Internet, specifically episodes #79 Boy in Photo and #50 The Cathedral
Episode #22: Project Paralysis Is A Real Thing…
- Sherry: Cake stands for more than just cake! (Some of our favorites are below) 1 / 2 / 3 /4 / 5 /6 / 7
- John: Rachio Smart Controller, the wi-fi smartphone operated irrigation system that we installed in our yard
Episode #21: How The Heck Do We DIY With Kids Around?
- Sherry: Ironic cross-stitch from sites like Etsy (our LaCroix Can one from misfitXthreads, patterns from The Stitch Mill, and custom portraits from Family Stitch)
- John: The season 7 premiere of The Walking Dead
Episode #20: White Walls? Overrated? Overdone? Or…
- Sherry: 10% Happier by Dan Harris, a hilarious and relatable book about reducing stress
- John: Using list programs & Amazon to keep better track of our magazine subscription renewals
Episode #19: Why We Didn’t DIY Our Entire Kitchen…
- Sherry: Gold metal frames from Target that we can’t stop buying (12 x 2o”, 11 x 15″ and 8 x 10″)
- John: Tool bags (like this one and this one) for easily transporting tools & not taking up too much space
Episode #18: Grace Bonney Talks Design, Blogs, And…
- Sherry: Carats DOF drinking glasses from World Market, which we have in two colors in our kitchen
- John: The PaperKarma app for reducing junk mail subscriptions (download here for iOS & GooglePlay)
Episode #17: Our Latest (And Largest Ever!) Home Renovation
- Sherry: Our touch-sensitive bedroom nightstands that turn off our bedside lamps with a tap (& this kit to retrofit yours)
- John: Drinking water for the entire month of October, in celebration of my invented holiday: Aquatober
Episode #16: Squashing DIY Fears With Ana White
- Sherry: Shower curtains, a cozier alternative to the glass door trend (some of our favorites are below): 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
- John: SimpleDesktops.com, where you can download free graphic wallpapers for your computer or phone
Episode #15: How Fancy Is Too Fancy For A College Dorm?
- Sherry: Legit bookends – unlike the rice-filled vase that failed us spectacularly (some of our favorites are below): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
- John: Mary Roach’s equally funny + nerdy science books like: Grunt, Stiff, Gulp, and Bonk.
Episode #14: What Quitting Our Blog Taught Us
- Special episode… hence no We’re Digging
Episode #13: Houses Are Overwhelming, So Where Do I Start?
- Sherry: Native brand kids shoes (we get them in Pigeon Gray) and they’re the perfect shoes for summer
- John: The Honey extension for a Chrome web browser that auto hunts for discounts during web checkout
Episode #12: Five Rug Rules & Flipping Out With Bravo’s…
- Sherry: The movie Bad Moms, which is now available on Amazon
- John: Saws on collapsible stands, like this one or this stand owned by two of our friends
Episode #11: When Design Styles Collide At Home
- Sherry: Gratitude journals, both the act of keeping one + the journals themselves (some faves below): 1 / 2 / 3 /4 / 5 / 6
- John: Duvet cover clips that keep your duvet insert from slipping around in your cover
Episode #10: Our New Shed Might Be Trying To Kill Us
- Sherry: Dr. Bronner’s Coconut Oil, which doubles as a great hair conditioner (amongst other things)
- John: NPR’s Ask Me Another podcast, which is an hour of “nerdy games” involving pop culture, trivia, and music
Episode #9: Genevieve Gorder Solves Decorating Dilemmas…
- Sherry: “B.A.P’s” (aka: Big Ass Plants), like a Hope Philodendron, which are easier than Fiddle Leaf Figs. We’ve since written a post on the topic with even more info.
- John: Shark Navigator stick vacuum for small messes and easy clean-up when you don’t want to break out the big vac
Episode #8: 3 Pro Bloggers Get Real About Sponsored Posts
- Special episode… hence no We’re Digging
Episode #7: What Your Home Should Look Like When You’re 30
- Sherry: Inlay design features, like these dressers like ours: a larger 6-drawer version or a smaller nightstand version. Also the Maya Inlay Mirror, as well as some more affordable mirror options:
- John: Canvas drop cloths – not just for painting projects, but as a general supply to use for lots of DIY
Episode #6: Oh Nothing, Just Talking To Tiffani Thiessen
- Sherry: Solo-trips to Target, where you can take advantage of being kid-free and sniff all of the candles (like this marble one and this pineapple one) and finally remember to pick up random things, like some jewelry cleaner.
- John: The Easy Light bulb for our garage to help make it brighter. They also sell a pull-chain version if you need that.
Episode #5: The Rug Mistake We Made For Years
- Sherry: Turkish Towels (the ones we have are no longer available, but here are some similar ones from Wayfair & some cool black ones from Pottery Barn).
- John: The Handy Paint Cup and Handy Paint Tray (and the tray liners) that have made painting go faster
Episode #4: Decorating Do’s & Don’ts From Designer…
- Sherry: StitchFix, the service Sherry has loved, not loved, & loved again to diversify her black on black wardrobe.
- John: A factory refurbished Ryobi Airstrike Nailer that we purchased for $35 cheaper than a new one – just don’t forget to get a battery & charger if you don’t already have one.
Episode #3: Why Decluttering Makes Your Head Hurt
- Sherry: Non-white planters, like the ones we’ve found at HomeGoods – as well as this one & these three that nest
- John: Non-white picture frames, like the birch and silver frames we mixed into our living room gallery wall & the dark frames in our master bedroom.
Episode #2: Design TV Secrets With HGTV’s Sabrina Soto
- Sherry: Big affordable ferns to add easy greenery to our back deck
- John: The Surprisingly Awesome podcast, which takes a look at “boring” subjects to uncover their hidden awesomeness. Episodes #12 Mattresses, #9 Pigeons, and #7 Adhesives are some good ones.
Episode #1: What Rich People Have In Their Houses
- Sherry: L-shaped toilet paper holders like this modern one, this traditional option, and this one that’s somewhere in between
- John: Photographer Matt Crump on Instagram, as well as his #candyminimal prints
*This page contains affiliate links*