Phew, you survived the treacherous journey through the worldwide web to find yourself here, at the show notes for Episode #31 of Young House Love Has A Podcast. On this week’s episode, we didn’t find love in a hopeless place, but we found a beach house color in a surprising one. Yes, several weeks, multiple test swatches, and 1,500 comments later, we’ve finally settled on a color for our beach house’s exterior – and the decision came from one of the most random places! Plus, we talk to blogger, designer, and Domino contributor Jenny Komenda about the challenges of running a design business and what decor trends she’s noticing in the new year. And we’re digging some pretty weird stuff this week. We’ll just leave it at that.
- Above is the coffee cup from the beloved local Quirk Hotel that brought an end to our beach house paint color debate
- In case you missed it, here are the Instagram & Facebook posts where people weighed in on our beach house exterior color (we also got emails, direct messages, communication via carrier pigeon, etc)
- If you want to catch up on the beach house news – check out this announcement post and this planning post (which has a full house tour video for you) – and take a listen to podcast Episode #26 for even more details
- We’ll be speaking on Thursday, February 2nd in Palm Springs, CA at Alt Summit. It sold out crazy fast, but if you already grabbed tickets, we’re excited to see you there. Also: warm weather here we come!
- Here’s the Mental Floss article with the full list of items that were buried in Nickelodeon’s 1992 Time Capsule.
- And, if you’d forgotten how bad TV resolution was 25 years ago, here’s a video of the event:
- You can keep up with Jenny on her blog Little Green Notebook (or follow on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest)
- Or check her out over on Domino magazine’s site, where there’s a full house tour and projects she has tackled (like the Ikea wardrobe hack, pictured below).
- Here’s that book she mentioned too: The Big Enough Company
- Also, if you missed our previous episode about stepping back from blogging, which was vaguely referenced during our Jenny chat, you can hear the whole shebang in Episode 14
- Above are some of the not-cheap-but-DIY-friendly Butter London nail polish colors Sherry loves: Trout Pout / Twist & Twirl / Ta Ta / Shop Girl / Top Coat / Rather Red
- And below are a few Cropscotch creations that’ll spiff up your pet’s neck: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6
Psst- Looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into? Well, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all past episodes.
Visit westelm.com/yhl to learn more about their Design to Impact program, and enter YHL15 at checkout to get 15% off your next purchase.
*This post contains affiliate links*