In this long overdue update on our beach house renovation, you’ll hear how we’ve got some walls going up and many others coming down – and why we’ve changed our mind on the floor plan (again!). We also revisit our bathroom reno for a sec (which is still percolating). Plus, we talk with Oh Joy’s eponymous founder, Joy Cho, about turning a blog into a lifestyle brand – and pushing through the many rejections along the way. We’re also talking about a simple upgrade that has streamlined our hall bathroom and an even simpler sticky fix that has solved a cord nuisance in our house. Oh, and Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!
You can download this episode from iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, and TuneIn Radio – or listen to it below! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos that we referenced. Note: If you’re reading in a feed reader, you might have to click through to the post to see the player.
- We’re working on a ridiculously giant post for you guys with a bunch of updated photos and floor plans of the beach house, but in the meantime – here are a few peeks at its current state… including the newly constructed side above (you can see the exterior view of it here) and some before & progress (but definitely not after) pics below.
Also, Sherry is Kung Fu Panda*
*That hole was there already, and Sherry is most definitely not Kung Fu Panda
- And as for the beach house breakfast nook inspiration that Sherry has been heart-eying, here you go:
- In case you missed the original discussion of our Roomba issues – or want to chime in on the Roomba poll – you can find it all in Episode #32
- Episode #32 is also where you’ll hear the whole story about our realtor friend who suggested keeping our closet footprint over losing it for a tub.
- If you’re looking for more fun V-day facts about roses, hit up this round-up or these tidbits. Oh, and here are some more rose color “meanings” too.
Joy Cho of Oh Joy!
- You can see more of Joy and her cool designs on her website, as well as her social feeds like Instagram, Pinterest, & YouTube.
- She’s also got three books out – one with fun, colorful projects – and two for creative entrepreneurs & bloggers.
- Also, don’t forget her Oh Joy! for Target collection, including the diaper backpack she mentioned.
- And of course, BAND-AIDS!
- Above you can see the outlet with the built-in nightlight that we bought and installed for our kids’ bathroom. So simple, and we love that it automatically turns on and off.
- Below is the charging cord we fixed with some recently purchased Sugru (even though it’s not pronounced “sugaroo”) in our kitchen. We got the “classic” primary color pack, but they also have just a black & white pack or an even more colorful option.
Psst- Looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into? Well, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all past episodes.
To see the smartstuff nursery makeover (and viral video that started it all), visit smartstufffurniture.com/YHL
*This post contains affiliate links*