It’s official: Episode #32 of Young House Love Has A Podcast is officially here, and these are the official show notes. On this week’s episode a listener asked about the strange habits or odd things you might uncover in our house, and we jumped at the chance to pull back the curtain and call each other out: from the unusual supply that John keeps in the office to the confounding items you might find sitting on our couch and in our kitchen drawers. Plus, a local realtor puts the kibosh on Sherry’s fantasy bathroom renovation and John shares a popular home robot that sadly didn’t live up to our expectations.
You can download this (very official) episode from iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, and TuneIn Radio – or listen to it below! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos that we referenced. Note: If you’re reading in a feed reader, you might have to click through to the post to see the player.
- Above are a couple of reference pictures of our bathroom as it still looks today, with the shower/toilet area on the right and the main vanity on the left. Yup, it looks like we have two different bathrooms next to each other. Divided by a wall. Because we do.
- The floor plan below will show you how those two areas are separated weirdly, which is what we’re looking forward to solving (one big vanity with two sinks will be so much better than two separate ones with a wall between ’em!)
- And if you’re not familiar with the wardrobes we added to our first house’s main bedroom, check out this ollllllld post (warning: tiny pictures!)
- Meanwhile, here’s a post with more detail about John’s history with running as well as some of his favorite running gear this time of year: 1 / 2 / 3 /4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
- Here’s the Elle Decor article with the complete list of Zillow’s 10 Most Regretted House Projects (let us know what you think in the poll below!)
- And here are some of John’s “regretted” – or at least “glad I don’t have to do that again!” – projects. Like building the deck in our last house (which was much more exhausting than expected) and installing new hardwood floors throughout the entire upstairs.
- Don’t forget, you can call in with your own home “quirk” by leaving us a short voicemail at 571-4-YHLHAP (571-494-5427)
- Above is a picture of John’s running clothes drawer in the office, and below is a shot of “Bearger” and his pal, Burger.
- And let’s not forget Rice Sock!
[Rice Sock is
lurking hiding somewhere, but imagine a bloated sock full of uncooked rice here]
- We actually owned the 595 series Roomba, which isn’t sold anymore (the entry level model is now the Roomba 650). If you’ve owned a Roomba, let us know what you think below or tweet us your thoughts! You know I really want a house full of robots…
- And check out @The_Home_Edit if you want to fill your Instagram feed with more organized-within-an-inch-of-its-life eye candy.
Psst- Looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into? Well, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all past episodes.
Shop all fine art at minted.com/YHL & new customers get 15% off their art order with code YHL15
*This post contains affiliate links*