You’ve found your way to the show notes for Episode #9 of Young House Love Has A Podcast. On this week’s episode, one of the O.G.s of design TV, Genevieve Gorder, offers up a slew of solutions to common design challenges, like mixing patterns, making small spaces feel bigger, and stretching your decorating dollars. Plus, we share a jealousy-inducing update that the current owners made to our old house, relive a blush-worthy moment from our honeymoon, and contemplate what As Seen On TV products might add some wow to our shower.
You can listen to the show on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher and TuneIn Radio – or play it below! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos that we referenced.
This page has all the links, notes, & photos that go along with what you just heard.
- I got to see our old house with the new owner’s stuff in it, but here’s a photo tour of the place from back when we lived there. You can scroll down to the living room to see the beams we referenced too (just picture those being a glossy white coffered ceiling).
- Here’s the office stenciling project that the current owners were nervous to tell us they wallpapered over
- Oh, and I forgot to mention that they still have the clothespin chandelier in the laundry room!
- And of course, here are the honeymoon photos we promised you. You can see more of our Alaskan honeymoon photos here, but I’m sure these two are plenty embarrassing on their own.
- Who feels like going on an As Seen On TV shopping spree? Here are all of the real products mentioned in this episode:
- The Drain Wig
- Bowl Brite
- Rodent Sheriff
- Shower Wow
- Chillow Pillow
- Hydro-Rug (“the carpet for your shower!”)
- Furniture Booties
- And if you want to have a listen to that Invisibilia podcast episode that mentions the invention of the Drain Wig, just check out the one called “The Problem With The Solution.” The Drain Wig is a funny anecdote that kicks off the episode, which is really fascinating overall.
- You can connect to all that Genevieve does and get tons of eye candy on her website, GenevieveGorder.com
- See some of the reno of her NYC apartment captured in clips from her show, Genevieve’s Renovation or get a final tour in the video below.
- And if you wanna see the video recap of her work with Royal Caribbean, check out parts 1, 2, 3, and 4 (the final product!).
- Here’s where you can shop her colorful and pattern-ful rugs a Capel Rugs, or her fabrics and cards
- And again, you can catch both Genevieve and us at HGTV’s Blogger Block Party on Monday, August 22nd in New York City. Just go here for details and to register – it’s free!
- Here’s the philodendron (it’s a “hope philodendron“) that we have in our bedroom and living room – and we’ll get to work on a post with a round-up of all of the BAPs that we’re loving ASAP
- And here’s the Shark Navigator stick vacuum that we’re loving (along with our moms/aunts/various relatives)
Psst- Looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into? Well, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all past episodes.
*This post contains affiliate links*