In this special episode, we’re talking about the unpredictable and sometimes dramatic ways that we’ve seen the internet change in the last decade. Has social media dethroned blogging? Has sponsored content made things worse? And what has made us more guarded about opening our lives up for public consumption? In this recording of our keynote talk from Altitude Summit, we tackle all of this and more, including why a Bachelorette turned to us for advice, what we regret about a major moment in our career, and what blog comment still brings Sherry to tears.
You can download this episode from iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, and TuneIn Radio – or listen to it below! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos that we referenced. Note: If you’re reading in a feed reader, you might have to click through to the post to see the player.
Altitude Summit Talk
- As we mentioned, this talk builds on some of the ideas from the Haven talk that we shared in Episode #14: What Quitting Our Blog Taught Us. (Note: If you’re reading in a feed reader, you might have to click through to the post to see the player)
- You can also hear about the rest of our visit to Palm Springs & more info about the conference in last week’s podcast (Episode #37)
- When we were talking about ads & sponsorships we mentioned that we interviewed Emily Henderson, Nicole Balch, and Justina Blakeny about sponsored posts in Episode 8 (they were extremely transparent and even shared how much they charge), so here’s that episode. (Note: If you’re reading in a feed reader, you might have to click through to the post to see the player)
- Most of the slides that we used just featured some text or titles that aligned with whatever we were talking about, so you aren’t missing much by just hearing the audio, but here are a few of the more visual slides for reference:
- Here’s the post Sherry wrote about her aunt
- And of course, here’s Bubba the dog – the winner of one of our first giveaways!
Since this week was a special episode, we didn’t have a We’re Digging section, but we put together a master list of everything we’ve been digging in all of our past episodes for you guys so it’s all in one place.
Check out the all of Delta Faucet’s products and innovations at DeltaFaucet.com/YHL.