Well, hello. I didn’t see you there. If you’re looking for the show notes for Episode #13 of Young House Love Has A Podcast, then you’ve come to the right place. On this episode we’re answering questions like “Is there a “right” order when it comes to decorating or renovating a home?” “What comes first, the paint or the furniture?” “The big renovations or the small updates?” Well, we’re sharing our best tips for tackling even the most daunting of house to-do lists and sharing advice for keeping things less overwhelming and boosting DIY morale. We also share a new weekly tradition in our kitchen, ponder what it looks like when reality stars flip houses, and impart a free tech tip that might even save you some cash. Plus, listeners share their embarrassing ER stories and – guess what? – our first house is for sale again!
- Above is the Instagram photo that we shared from our visit to our first house last summer
- And we forgot to mention in Sherry’s Beatles Sunday update that the kids have also checked out Beat Bugs on Netflix for another Fab Four fix.
- Check out Episode #10 if you missed the original tale of what sent Sherry to urgent care.
- Here are some of the tweets we read:
— Rachel (@custerra) August 16, 2016
@younghouselove sorry about the finger! You aren’t alone–I visited urgent care for a splinter in my tongue. The popsicle was delicious tho
— Katherine (@kathcurl) August 12, 2016
- Here’s where you can learn about all of the home shows I mentioned from the FYI network, including He Shed She Shed, My City’s Just Not That Into Me, My Floating Home, Zombie House Flipping, and (of course) Nicole And Jionni’s Shore Flip.
- Remember, you can leave us your own home/DIY question at 571-4-YHL-HAP (571-494-5427)
- Here’s a post we wrote about the merits of a whole house to-do list, including the original list for our current house
- Here’s our post that answers the question: are “Phase 1” projects a waste of time and money?
- You can also search the word “listy” on our blog for more house list posts.
- Here’s where you other Chrome browser users can download the Honey extension for free (then let us know how it works for you!)
- And here are the Native kids shoes we have been loving this summer (we get them in Pigeon gray – and they run a little big). Has anyone tried the adult versions yet?
Psst- Looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into? Well, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all past episodes.
*This page contains affiliate links