Welcome to the show notes for Episode #4 of Young House Love Has A Podcast. In this week’s episode, interior designer Orlando Soria gives smart advice for navigating common decorating challenges like finding your style, mixing patterns, and figuring out where the heck to start. We also share how our building projects have gotten a little faster, what whole-house upgrade brightens our day, and why our garage needs some serious help. Plus, we explore some titillating paint color names along with the work of one of Trading Spaces’ most memorable designers.
- Here are the LED lightbulbs we use throughout our house, sold in a six-pack on Amazon.
- You can see the one wall we “prettied up” in our garage starting on p. 216 of our book, Lovable Livable Home.
- Here are photos and a video tour of another unfinished space that was ridiculously disorganized in our last house: our messy basement workshop. And here’s how we eventually organized it.
- These are the paint colors that are feeling a little flirtatious: Divine Pleasure, Seduction, Hot Lips, Secret Rendezvous, and Snugglepuss. (Also, I must confess that in assembling these show notes we discovered that my made up answer, Love Note, does actually exist overseas… and by two different companies! Here’s one that’s off-white in Australia & another that’s soft pink – just like Sherry guessed – in the UK.)
- Here are the guides from PopSugar and Real Simple about how often various categories of clothing should be washed (and here’s more about the guy who washes his jeans every six months).
- Lastly, here’s the Buzzfeed round-up of Hildi Santo-Tomas’ “greatest” hits on Trading Spaces.
- You can check out Orlando’s blog, Hommemaker, and see what Homepolish is all about.
- Orlando also posted the awesome before & after photos of his condo renovation (aka, the “Orcondo”) – like his living & dining room and his kitchen & bathrooms.
- And of course, here’s Orlando’s hilarious Instagram account: @mrorlandosoria
- Here’s the factory refurbished Ryobi Airstrike Nailer that I purchased (again, it’s $35 cheaper than a new one) – just don’t forget to get a battery & charger if you don’t already have one. You can see it in action below, from this post about our bonus room built-ins.
- Lastly, here’s StitchFix, the service Sherry has loved, not loved, & loved again to diversify her black on black wardrobe.
Psst- Looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into? Well, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all past episodes.
*This page contains affiliate links