Today we’re talking about a small space that’s stumping us at the duplex and we’d love to hear what your family would like to rent most. You’ll also hear how an unexpected Christmas request from our daughter sent us on quite the hunt for a house-related gift – and how we stumbled across a new 4-in-1 tool that’s extra handy to have in your junk drawer. Plus we’re asking the hard-hitting questions, like can your astrological sign really help you decorate your home?
You can download this episode from Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn Radio, and Spotify – or listen to it below! Note: If you’re reading in a feed reader, you may have to click through to the post to see the player.
- That’s the dollhouse we built back in 2012 for our daughter (when she was 2!). Here’s the tutorial on constructing the dollhouse and a follow-up on finishing/decorating it.
- As you can see in this post, it lived in our daughter’s closet until last year when she was 7 (it had a good run!) when we swapped it out for the desk she requested instead.
- The intricate old dollhouses that we got are still hiding in the attic until Christmas morning, but here’s a photo Sherry snuck up there to take so you can see one of them. This is the smaller of the two (facepalm) and it’s definitely a fixer upper, but still a great score for $20! Check out those arched windows, roof shingles, and the staircase that we can’t wait to fix up with our girl. Also on the agenda: working lights and a frosted pantry door.
- We also promised some old episodes for you to check out if you need something to listen to in our time off.
- And here’s Domino’s article about “How To Design Your Home Based On Your Astrological Sign.” Let us know how accurate you think yours is…
- And Sherry mentioned that she’d link to that older episode where she shares her love of rocks & crystals – so here you go.
- That’s the 4-in-1 Patch Plus Primer that Sherry recently tried on our nail-hole-dappled living room wall. It totally did the trick for small holes and was extra convenient since it’s everything you need in one item.
- Again, you probably want to stick with the more traditional spackle tub + putty knife for larger jobs, but we’re considering it $7 well spent!
- Also, here’s the latest creepy murder book I’m reading (actually just finished last night!) which has become the latest addition to our Book Club page. It’s Paula Hawkin’s follow-up to The Girl On The Train and I was pleasantly surprised by it!
- And as Sherry mentioned, I recently made our Book Club page visual, so you can check out all the books we have been digging over the years (murder-y and otherwise).
If you’re looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all of our past episodes.
And lastly, a big thank you to The Citizenry for sponsoring this episode. You can see their beautiful goods from artisans all over the globe at CitizenryPodcast.com/YHL and use the code YHL to get $50 towards your first purchase of $200 or more!
Thanks for listening, guys!
*This post contains affiliate links*