Bowers In Da House

I promised more Bower visit deets on Wednesday when we dorkily spilled the beans that Katie B and I had been together in a series of photos that can only be described as awkwaaaard (get to the root of that joke here). You know we love a good Bower Visit Breakdown (like this one, this one, this one, and this one of yore). But before we get to all the stuff we did together, we’ll share the little video that we made for ya. Because KB and I always get the same few questions:

• how did you guys meet?
  • are you real friends or just blog friends?
  • how long have you been friends?
  • what were your first impressions of each other?
  • what surprised you about each other?
  • what do you like to do together?
  • how are your styles similar? how are they different?
  • do your husbands really get along?

So we thought we’d answer them all on film for ya. Warning: you’re about to lose 12 minutes of your life to two giggly girls who incessantly say the word “like” and perform incredibly terrible impersonations of each other).

When it came to the stuff that we did together this time, here we go:

• filled our bellies with a ton of favorite local food (Bottom’s Up, Q BBQ, Carytown Burger & Fries) along with enjoying a few home cooked meals together in our torn apart kitchen courtesy of chef John
  • did fun stuff with the kiddos like going for a walk near the river (where Katie snapped some family photos for us), hanging at the playground (where Clara & Will had some quality sandbox time), and even attending Clara’s weekly music class with Will in tow (he fit right in)
  • checked out a few Saturday morning yard sales and even found a Goodwill Outlet (where they sell things by the pound in giant bins – it was like nothing Katie or I had ever seen)
  • strolled around Carytown (where we did some browsing at a few thrift shops and consignment stores) and shopped at Stonypoint mall (where Jeremy got the same jeans as John, I’m telling you our men are hilarious together)
  • hung around the house while our kids napped (Clara slept from around one to two thirty, and Will would sleep from two to five… so we were house-bound for a good chunk of time each day- which we used to do some synchronized blogging, talk about future projects, debate the merits of certain paint colors, take naps on the sofa, etc)
  • rented a few movies after the kids went to bed for the night (X-Men: First Class for the boys and Bridesmaids for the girls) – we also watched a lot of Bang For Your Buck on HGTV since we liked betting which room got the most bang

In summary: good times. Katie even used her photog skillz to take some sweet pics:

So thankful for good friends, good weather, and sweet babies. Er, I guess they’re technically toddlers now. Sniffle. Did any of you guys hang with friends this weekend? Or have a weird feeling that KB and I were together? One commenter totally guessed that we were visiting each other while it was happening and we had no idea how they knew about it (maybe they’re psychic? or they saw us around town together?).

Psst- Check out Katie’s sweet post about everything. She even dug up our first email exchange. Love that lady.

1. Suzanne says

Love all the pics! Katie is so talented! I am a Richmonder and wondering what awesome park you went to with the chair swings? Is it Pony Pasture?

2. Nikki T says

That first pic of Clara is too freakin’ cute! Love her toddler teeth!
    Great family pic of you all sittin’ on the log too!

3. ashley says

you ladies are too cute!! i loved watching this video, it completely made my morning. can’t wait to see more of you both!!

You two are so adorable in your video. But I think the husbands stole the show at the end. I like how you refer to John as being “closet funny.”

It’s great to have Katie’s skills to get you guys more family pictures. That picture of the kids facing the lake is my favorite of the bunch. I’d love something like that blown up and in black & white up on the wall.

I live in Virginia Beach, but most of my family is split between Jersey and South Carolina. My accent seems to change slightly depending on who I’m visiting.

I can’t believe y’all had never been to the Goodwill Outlet! We have one in Va Beach and I loves it. No one ever wants to go with me because I lose all track of time in there. I’ve bought all kinds of great (and incredibly) cheap things there.

5. Lindsay says

wow.. so fun! and adorable pictures! which one of you parents are responsible for Clara’s slow growing hair!? ehheh you should post pictures of the both of you at Clara’s age so we can see who she looks like! That would be fun… see you tomorrow!

6. Kate says

We have a Goodwill Outlet (know affectionately as “the bins”) here in Portland, too. I don’t seem to find good stuff there often, but buying real plates by the pound can cost less than buying paper plates, and better than throwing them put after a party, too! I love the “bin people” we have here, there’s one guy that wears something similar to an aviator outfit, complete with has and glasses, and tops it off with bright green kitchen dish gloves. Do the bin people line up where the next bin is going at your bins? It’s like a mob!

7. MYE says

I’m a Richmond too and loved seeing what you guys did- always inspiration for when my fam comes to town. Just one thing- it’s Q (not que) barbeque. :)

8. Erin says

I used to go to a Goodwill Outlet in Seattle like that. I got some amazing finds! I paid about $6 for a bunch of stuff one time and in that mix of stuff was a nice suede jacket! I love buying stuff by the pound like that once you get used to digging through stuff. How fun that you got to go to one. I’m curious to know if you bought anything…

I got a little crocodile xylophone for Clara for like 37 cents! And a wooden giraffe -also for the bean (I’m going to paint it) for 20 cents. Will blog about that when I do!