Bowers In Da House

I promised more Bower visit deets on Wednesday when we dorkily spilled the beans that Katie B and I had been together in a series of photos that can only be described as awkwaaaard (get to the root of that joke here). You know we love a good Bower Visit Breakdown (like this one, this one, this one, and this one of yore). But before we get to all the stuff we did together, we’ll share the little video that we made for ya. Because KB and I always get the same few questions:

• how did you guys meet?
  • are you real friends or just blog friends?
  • how long have you been friends?
  • what were your first impressions of each other?
  • what surprised you about each other?
  • what do you like to do together?
  • how are your styles similar? how are they different?
  • do your husbands really get along?

So we thought we’d answer them all on film for ya. Warning: you’re about to lose 12 minutes of your life to two giggly girls who incessantly say the word “like” and perform incredibly terrible impersonations of each other).

When it came to the stuff that we did together this time, here we go:

• filled our bellies with a ton of favorite local food (Bottom’s Up, Q BBQ, Carytown Burger & Fries) along with enjoying a few home cooked meals together in our torn apart kitchen courtesy of chef John
  • did fun stuff with the kiddos like going for a walk near the river (where Katie snapped some family photos for us), hanging at the playground (where Clara & Will had some quality sandbox time), and even attending Clara’s weekly music class with Will in tow (he fit right in)
  • checked out a few Saturday morning yard sales and even found a Goodwill Outlet (where they sell things by the pound in giant bins – it was like nothing Katie or I had ever seen)
  • strolled around Carytown (where we did some browsing at a few thrift shops and consignment stores) and shopped at Stonypoint mall (where Jeremy got the same jeans as John, I’m telling you our men are hilarious together)
  • hung around the house while our kids napped (Clara slept from around one to two thirty, and Will would sleep from two to five… so we were house-bound for a good chunk of time each day- which we used to do some synchronized blogging, talk about future projects, debate the merits of certain paint colors, take naps on the sofa, etc)
  • rented a few movies after the kids went to bed for the night (X-Men: First Class for the boys and Bridesmaids for the girls) – we also watched a lot of Bang For Your Buck on HGTV since we liked betting which room got the most bang

In summary: good times. Katie even used her photog skillz to take some sweet pics:

So thankful for good friends, good weather, and sweet babies. Er, I guess they’re technically toddlers now. Sniffle. Did any of you guys hang with friends this weekend? Or have a weird feeling that KB and I were together? One commenter totally guessed that we were visiting each other while it was happening and we had no idea how they knew about it (maybe they’re psychic? or they saw us around town together?).

Psst- Check out Katie’s sweet post about everything. She even dug up our first email exchange. Love that lady.

YAY, now you totally have me craving some carytown burgers. We always go there when visiting my sister. We sadly usually get the same thing though and split it- love the blue cheese burger and the taco burger. Yummo. Have you been to Can-can and tried their Fragels? not sure if I spelled them right, but that is another must eat while we are there. i know we will be going for a visit before the end of the year but they are moving into a new house next week so it will be when they are ready for company/help moving and shopping. so i keep your shops in mind of places for us to hit.

2. Liz says

Oh my gosh, I’m here local in Richmond – could I ask you where this Goodwill Outlet is? I can already feel my heart pounding with excitement. LOL.

3. Matt says

Tell Katie B that she is oversaturating the blues in her photos waaaay too much. Looks artificial and starts to take away from them. also, the trick where you sharpen the eyes and make them look like aliens is not that popular anymore.

Katie actually didn’t have a chance to formally retouch anything yet Matt! Just downloaded the pics right off her camera for me before leaving! So grateful that she snapped so many awesome pics of our family!

• Emily says

I’m all for constructive criticism, but this is a little more mean spirited than constructive.

Pointing out that the blues may be oversaturated is fine, or that you don’t like the way she sharpens the eyes,but try a little more tact next time.

If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.

• Stephanie says

I don’t know what Matt is talking about. Of course, I’m not a photographer, just a mom who appreciates adorable family photos. They are all amazing. Lucky to have a friend that’s a photog!

• Jennifer says

I actually thought Katie B did a lovely job with the depth of field in those close ups of Clara and the family shot, and the bright colors definitely suit those pictures. Beautiful fam. :-)

Sherry –

You rock. I love how you keep your compsure and class even when people try to bring you down! Katie’s pics are incredible! I think we can all agree that we wish that we could have a friend to get amazing candid shots of family or that we’d have that much talent to take pictures!

I think it’s amazing that you two meet through blogging and both you and Katie along with hubbies and kiddees have cultivated such a great relationship. Good friends are truly hard to come by and it’s awesome that you all are so close!

I hope you have a great weekend!

• Ruth says

Even though you typed your comment into a machine, it still gets delivered to a real person, you know? If you wouldn’t say it in person, there’s no reason to say it on the internet either.

If I were guessing I would say that Katie has her saturation turned up in the camera settings but being that she does pro shoots she ALSO probably shoots in RAW so that she has the most control when adjusting her pictures later.

I would love to have someone take such great pictures of my family; they are gorgeous.

• Kate says

Wow, Matt, that was not a very nice way to say that. Kudos to Sherry for her classy and sweet response, though. And personally I love the colors in the photos.

the photos are awesome. I love Clara’s sparkly eyes and all of the blue the boys seem to be wearing beneath the blue sky.

4. Pamela says

Lol don’t worry Sherry I used to only own one bra as well! Now I own 2….only because my one sometimes wouldn’t air dry fast enough after washing it hahaha.

• Lindsay says

I also only switch between two! And I kinda wondered over the weekend when I was on pinterest and saw that you were both pinning things at the same time if you were actually together! And I love all of the pics Katie took! Such great shots! And apparently, I punctuate with ! after every sentence I write!

• Christine says

I am a three bra girl. I always found that I had a favorite one anyway. Is that weird? So I just bought three of my favorite and now I never have to choose.

• Katie G says

Haha this also made me laugh as well because I’m pretty much the same way. I only had between 1-2 all the way through high school and most of college. I have somewhere between 3-5 right now, but most of the time I just wear the same one all the time. :)

• Anya says

I also had to laugh about the one bra comment. I have a bunch of bras but only end up wearing one all the time. I’m glad I’m not the only one!

Thanks again for the awesome video. The guys looked great matching, and I loved the coordinated drinking and mouth wiping! I can tell y’all have great fun together!

Haha – yes! I own 4 bras (2 nude, 1 dark, 1 light) and yet only wear 1 (the nude one) all the time! My boyfriend is constantly joking with me about it and saying he’s going to hide that bra from me! I totally understand where you’re coming from!

Thank you for the validation!

A-freaking-dorable. I’m not going to lie, when I saw the pics of you and Katie together, I was like, “OMG!” in the office. My coworkers thought I went bananas. It was awesome! :D I love those pics, FYI.

And oh man, the pics of you guys…and the boys….and the kids! <3 Will and Clara are just too. adorable.

Oh so cute babies! Will always makes my ovaries hurt a little (TMI?). It would be so totally awesome if they wound up together someday. Cute babies makin cute babies.
    You girls are hilarious.