Registry Dos & D’ohs: What We Registered For (And Skipped)

Q: Hey guys!! I find that I often look to you all on things DIY related, but more often than not, on things life related. I would love to hear items in or around your house that you are so glad you own because it helps with the day to day. I really enjoyed reading about how you saved money with Clara (what items you skipped out on or decided to go back and buy) and how you saved money with your wedding. I am getting married next June and it would be super helpful to hear what things my fiance and I should register for (and what we shouldn’t). You guys are my favorite! – Tyne

A:  Let’s do this. We thought it would actually be fun to search our brains to see if they would even stretch back to 2007 and remember what we got, what we still love, what we regretted asking for, and what we wish we’d asked for. Because friends and relatives can be amazingly generous (and at least in our family really seem to appreciate a list of things you love so they don’t have to guess), so it all comes down to thinking long and hard about what you actually will use and love for the long haul. No pressure, right?

Registry items are definitely one of those personal preference things (some people might love that they registered for formal china, while other folks like us are happy to skip it) but in general we think the key is to know how you live and what you will actually use/need (registering for a Kitchenaid mixer when you don’t cook/bake is probably not the best idea). So try to toss out romantic notions of who you “should be” someday (ex: don’t picture yourself as “a grown up” hosting a giant formal 20 person dinner if this won’t actually happen – not everyone grows up, gets married, and does that).

Instead, try to focus on how you live now and how you realistically think you will continue to live and entertain over the years. Whether you’re a casual couple or are fancy and formal, embrace who you are and think about what you’ll truly use and love. Chances are you’ll still be who you are in a few decades – you might evolve a little, but you probably won’t become a completely different couple with a completely different personality and lifestyle.

Also, trying to choose things that are classic never hurts, just so that if your tastes change over time, you won’t be completely over a bunch of style-specific stuff that you once loved but now loathe. It can be pretty expensive to re-buy everything instead of going with something timeless – and you can always add personality later with inexpensive and easy to switch out items, like patterned cloth napkins, table runners, etc. See? White dishes, clear glasses, and basic silverware can be dressed up a whole bunch of ways:

We also learned that it helped whenever possible to choose things that are attractive enough to be left out (ex: a nice stainless steel toaster or blender) because you never know what you’ll leave out for convenience’s sake. So skipping something in a crazy color that might clash with your future kitchen curtains or forgoing something super cheap that you’d never leave out in favor of something that looks a little more elegant is usually the way to go for lazy folks like us who tend to leave the blender out for three weeks after we make smoothies.

But enough chitchat, we thought it would be fun to share a list of the stuff we registered for and still love to this day, a few things that we regret putting on our registry, items that we passed on (and why), and items that we wish we had added to the list. So without further ado…

Kitchen Stuff We Registered For And Still Love:

• Basic silverware from Crate & Barrel
  • White cloth napkins
  • Basic white dishes that go with everything (we’re still loving that they’re classic and they’re not too precious, so if one breaks we won’t cry for days)

• Good serving bowls and serving ware (three salad/chip bowls, three large platters)
  • Stainless blender & toaster (we also have a griddle)
  • A cute strainer (ours is bright yellow)
  • Chunky wood cutting boards (two, since we leave them out on the counter because they’re charming and use them all the time)

• Simple and small (easy to store) can opener (we didn’t want a giant electric countertop one)
  • Cute clear pepper corn and sea salt grinders (classic, yet kinda fancy since they grind)
  • Basic glass pitcher (we definitely tried to go for timeless basics)
  • Stemless wine glasses (they’re more versatile, so they can also work for oj or smoothies)

House Stuff We Registered For And Still Love:

• Two Dolce lounge chairs from Target that we still use today (they’re in the guest room of this house)
  • Two basic glass based lamps that lived in our first house’s living room and this house’s bedroom/entryway
  • Organic bed sheet set (in white) and four nice bed pillows and cases
  • Gorgeous large leather photo album that we used for all of our wedding photo strips
  • Fluffy white towels (which we still use to this day, both in our bathroom and the guest bath)
  • West Elm daybed (from John’s way too generous Godmother)
  • West Elm parson’s desk (from my way too generous BFF Cat)

Stuff We Got And Later Regretted (all our fault – we wish we had chosen more wisely):

• Hepa filtered vacuum (regret: we registered for a cheap one that didn’t hold up very well, so we later upgraded to a Bissell Helix Bagless Upright)
  • Set of knives in a knife block (regret: again, totally our fault, but we chose a cheap-ish set that we have since had to replace, but our current one is by Paula Deen from HomeGoods and we like it)
  • Basic white mugs (regret: we didn’t think about scale at all, so the set that we got is so small it was sort of like teacups – we’ve since replaced them with larger mugs that actually work for tea and hot chocolate without feeling like you’re at a kid’s tea party)
  • Cordless hand vac (regret: we wish we had done more research before randomly choosing something, since ours bit the dust pretty fast – we later replaced it with a Dirt Devil Kurv)
  • A few basic pots and pans (regret: they weren’t great quality and got scratched and beaten up pretty fast – we later learned about Greenware pots and pans, which are eco-friendly and teflon free, so we asked for them for Christmas in 2009 and have been enjoying them ever since)

Stuff We Passed On (mostly specific kitchen gadgets after we realized we just wouldn’t use ’em):

• Coffee maker (we’re a tea household, and even when coffee folks stay with us we all go to Starbucks)
  • Kitchenaid mixer (as much as I’d love to buy one in a fun color, it would totally collect dust)
  • Monogrammed towels and robes (we’re not robe people and basic white towels sans monogram did it for us)
  • Espresso machine (same as coffee maker, just wouldn’t get used)
  • Ice cream maker (didn’t think we’d ever use it)
  • Toaster oven (after thinking it through we decided a stainless steel toaster and an oven were all we needed, and five years later we’re still happy without one)
  • Rice cooker (much like the ice cream maker, we just didn’t think we’d use something so specific)
  • Panini press (ditto)
  • Waffle maker (ditto)
  • Martini glasses (ditto)
  • George Foreman grill (ditto)

Stuff We Have Since Bought (if we could turn back time, we’d have registered for these too):

• Nice set of wood spoons and spatulas for a caddy next to the stove (get things in sets whenever possible, our old ones were all mismatched and later we updated to a matched set and appreciated how much better they looked)
  • Immersion blender (we didn’t miss any other gadgets but we did end up yearning for this one – and we use it often enough to warrant storing it)
  • Cute “Cucina” soap and lotion set from Anthropologie (so charming on the counter in a kitchen or bathroom)

• More specific things as rooms evolved and our taste became more clear (ex: green cloth napkins, J & S mugs, metallic holiday glasses, etc)
  • Sonicare toothbrushes (wish we had thought to register for these guys)
  • Two big clear glass containers for cereal, flour, sugar on the counter
  • Clam shell fruit bowl from ZGallerie (it has been our fruit bowl for years)

I’m sure we forgot a few items (it was five years ago!) but that’s a pretty good idea of what we registered for, what we regretted/replaced, what we skipped, and what we wish we had added. And after compiling that list it made me want to poll some friends and relatives to hear their five favorite registry items (you know, because I’m nosy) so here are their responses. It’s so interesting to see who loves what the most (and it definitely reinforces that knowing what you will love and use is more important than putting too much stock into what works for someone else (like slacker chefs and non-coffee-drinker like us, haha).

• My BFF Katie: white dishes, white platters, white towels, stainless toaster, and basic silverware
  • My other BFF Cat (you’ve seen her wedding here): basic white towels, a silver goes-with-everything serving platter, everyday dishes (colorful Fiestaware bowls, plates, and serving dishes), a brightly striped ceramic pitcher from Crate & Barrel, and a cute bowl set from Anthropologie.

• My friend D from All Things G&D: my crockpot, a good set of knives, good pots and pans, an Aerobed (air mattress) and G’s heavy bag (for boxing – it was his “guy” gift from all of his groomsmen).
  • My friend Heather (you’ve seen her wedding here): everyday dishes, a blender, nesting bowls, picture frames, a Rainbow vacuum cleaner. Things I never use: martini glasses, electric knife, cake stand, and ice cream dishes (why did I register for special ice ceam dishes when basic bowls work even better?!).

• My friend Cody: plush white towels, a 9 x 13 baking dish, a throw blanket, a welcome sign wall hanging, and of course white dishes.
  • My friend Kristin (you’ve seen her awesome house here): white everyday dishes, knives/cutlery, small electronics like toaster/hand mixer, serving platters that don’t go out of style (plain but nice), and basic glasses. All boring kitchen stuff! But I have friends who got married 8-10 years ago and registered for trendy everyday ware (in a specific color and style) and are now replacing it all since they no longer like it!
  • My friend Lisa: a nice set of knives, pots and pans, flatware, and an ice cream maker (we’ve been married 13 years, so nearly everything else has been replaced).
  • My brother (who’s officially Doctor Dan, not Almost-Doctor-Dan – woot!): basic towels, a good knife set, simple flatware, a coffee maker, and picture frames.

• My sister-in-law Katie: coffee maker (still going strong after 9 years!), casual dishes, stainless steel silverware, serving dishes that match our casual dishes, Wustof knives (we surely would have put pots and pans on this list but we already had those before we got married, but those are still going strong too).
  • My mother-in-law Kathy: wow- who can remember?! Haha. Crock pot, hand crank ice cream maker, big woven basket that we use as a laundry basket, glass canister set, and a beautiful bowl. We were very practical and did not register for fancy china.

So there you have it. A whole lotta registry loves and a few shoulda-woulda-couldas. What are your favorite registry items? Anything you got that you wish you hadn’t? Or that you later purchased and wished had made it onto your registry? Hindsight is 20/20, huh?

Comments

1. Kate says

Wow! This is so great! I am also getting married next June and we have been wondering what we should register for :) You guys are the best!

What a very helpful post! I think plenty of people go crazy with their registries, and have regrets later. Thank you for sharing!

3. Emily R says

I’m at an age (33) where most of my friends are now marrying. We are older, we’ve been living on our own for a while. I have a hard time believing you haven’t eaten on a plate, or cooked in a pot during the 10 years between college and marriage. In fact, most of my friends live together and OWN a house together before they got married. I hate being seen as a cash cow who’s sole purpose is to redecorate your home. I know, I’m being Debbie Downer. Believe me, I’ll give a nice gift, most likely cash – but just not a towel, or that pineapple corer you are DYING to get.

And I know this post isn’t about that, but I’m venting as I have A LOT of weddings coming up in the next few months!

• Abbey says

I’m surprised that no one has mentioned charity. My husband and I picked three charities that are well-regarded and meaningful to us and suggested that guests donate in lieu of wedding presents. Many guests were delighted with this idea and made donations.

Of the remainder, my favorite wedding gifts are the items that guests made or picked out for themselves (not off the registry). Every time I pick up a unique vase or use a beautiful serving dish I think of the person who gave it to us and remember how special it was to have her or she at our wedding.

• Ros says

From the perspective of someone getting married… we get it from the opposite side, too. “But where are you registered? You HAVE TO register! There’s not enough on your registry! The stuff on your registry doesn’t have a wide enough price range! Why aren’t you registering for *insert thing we don’t use/need/want to store/already have here*, etc, etc, etc…”

I’m comping to the conclusion that having a wedding = hearing from everyone about everything you’re doing “wrong”.

• Dina says

We have a lot of artistic/creative friends, who maybe aren’t so wealthy. So we had a light registry and wrote that we admire our friends’ talents and love handmade gifts above all. We received several paintings, throw pillows, crocheted potholders, handmade stationary, etc. One friend who makes custom frames matted and framed our wedding invitation. My dad’s cousin passed down a lace table doily that my great-aunt made. We definitely appreciate the friends who bought items off our registry, but we really treasure these personal gifts! They’ll never go out of style.

• Courtney says

I thought this, too, before I got married. Then I bought a house and got married (in that order), and I realized the purpose of a registry. Sure, I had the basics (I had no need for plates or glasses, for example), but I was still using the towels I had bought when I went off to college, threadbare patches and all. I had one set of sheets that fit our bed. My laptop was almost 10 years old and had a tendency to randomly shut off. :)

Maybe you’ll feel better if you think about it as helping them upgrade? I am so, so thankful to have a spare set of sheets and plush towels now, and because we registered for them, they’re exactly what we wanted. For people who felt the way you do, we did encourage them to donate to a charity we supported – that was awesome, too! But don’t knock the redecorating. One of my favorite things in our kitchen is a serving platter my aunt gave us for our wedding. It reminds me of her every time I use it.

• Shona says

I can understand Emily’s sentiment. My husband and I were thirty-ish when we married and so we both already owned most household basics. My first instinct, in fact, was not to register at all, but nobody to whom I mentioned this idea liked it. The general theme of the responses was, “but I really want to give you guys a gift, and I want to know that I am getting you something you definitely want or need.”

So we registered, and the items’ prices ranged from $3 to $200, which seemed reasonable to me. We also avoided putting things on there that we already owned, like basic dishware and silverware, or pots and pans. We weren’t youngsters “just starting out”. We were both independent adults, with careers and salaries, and we just didn’t need very much. So any traditional registry items that struck me as a hold-over from the days when people got married at 19 or 20, we passed on.

What we DID get that I am happy about are items that seemed too luxurious to buy for ourselves, but that we knew we’d use, for example: an excellent knife and block set (I don’t think I truly owned a real knife until I got these!); a breadmaker (my husband loves this thing and uses it all the time, even four years later); a food processor; a Cuisinart griddler, which is a griddle, a grill, and a panini press all in one — after we got it, we got rid of our silly George Foremans (we each had one prior to marrying ;p). Also, we registered for formal China, which I am glad about,though if I had to do it over I would select a different pattern. Less expensive items we got were anti-microbial dishtowels (still use ’em), an apple corer (gets used every. single. day. when I am prepping my toddler’s daily apple), an angled measuring cup, etc.

What we got that I wish we had not: a set of really fancy, now-I-hate-them guest towels… and that’s probably my only regret.

To Emily, and anyone else sick of wedding registries, we also got a few handmade items that we absolutely love. I think it is perfectly wonderful to do something like that. I would, however, offer the following caution to those who are planning to BUY something off-registry: make sure it really is special, and not just some random kitchen item. For instance, we got an unsolicited salad spinner, when we already had one, and a punch bowl (ditto). Of course, I appreciated the thought and sent thank-you-notes, but I felt bad that somebody bought us something that will probably never be used. I kept the punch bowl (just in case we have a huge, double-punch-bowl party some day?) and gave the salad spinner away.

• Heidi says

Agreed that wedding gift needs change substantially based on how old you are! We just got married and are 33. We really just wanted money (For honeymoon and for big house projects, like new roof and electrical) but under pressure from family members, caved and made a registry. We ended up with so many kitchen items we didn’t need, we took half of the presents back to the store. Maybe we just should have stood our ground and not registered in the first place! It is so different getting married at 33 vs right out of college. We had two full kitchens and houses of stuff to combine!

• Jen W says

We also were older when we tied the knot and had many of the things we already needed to set up house together (and in some cases too many things!). We used a site to register for donations to charity and our honeymoon: flights, nights on our cruise from Hawaii to French Polynesia, excursions on the cruise, dinner. It was awesome! We sent out photos of us enjoying the gifts as our thank you’s. I think the smile on our faces swimming with the rays in Bora Bora or cruising at sunset in Raiatea said it all.

Not sure if anyone said it, but I would totally add Pyrex storage and baking dishes and corningware sets, we use those everyday!
    Great list guys! Also, I second the white dishes, youll never regret them.
    Also, if you’re wondering about China or Crystal, see if anyone in the family has a set that will or could be passed down to you. Then it’s even more special.

Yes! We were given a entire set of family heirloom china from my husbands grandmother. While it’s not exactly what we would have chosen we’re super glad to have it! Just need to get it upacked. It’s been over 2 years.

5. Sarah says

I wish we hadn’t registered for things that did the same thing. Did we really need a George Foreman grill, a quesadilla maker, a waffle iron, AND a panini maker? We got all of those and have sold the waffle iron and panini maker at garage sales with maybe one use each.

The only thing I wish we’d registered for was some large serving dishes – never really thought about where I’d put food after making it!

The best gift we got was not on the registry, but a HUGE box of spices from Penzey’s Spices as well as The Joy of Cooking. So awesome to be crafty in the kitchen!

We got more money than tangible gifts, which we really appreciated as I had lost my job a month before our wedding. With the money, we ended up paying bills and buying a kitchen table and a dog. :)

Some of my favs are the Cuisinart Smartstick immersion blender we got & the melamine multisize bowl set from Crate & Barrel (color sets change every season, so fun!). Probably should have passed on the euro pillows and shams, because we only got half and then needed to spend another $80 to complete the pillow + sham pairings. Probably didn’t need them that bad… :-) If you do your research & you know you’ll use it, I think a floor steamer that suites your needs is as winner too!

We got a bunch of gift cards since everyone knew we’d be renovating, but we registered for a lot of stuff on Etsy. I did the most registering since Andy didn’t really care (and honestly, we just wanted people there on our day). Some of my favorite pieces were big wooden bowls, a set of ceramic measuring cups from Etsy (use all. the. time) and I honestly can’t remember much else. We didn’t do the home good things mostly because we’re renovating and we didn’t want a ton of stuff that might never go with our new decor. I DEFINITELY recommend going stainless and high-quality though. We got a new all-clad pasta pot that we use all the time, and I know it will last in the long run (my favorite pot/knives = all clad and wusthof…you can find ‘imperfect’ all clad pieces for way cheaper to add to your registry, they might have a knick you’ll never even be able to find on them, I own a few).

Also, I definitely second Sherry on the emersion blender. Love it!

My number one (as a kitchen person) french rolling pin. Simple, cheap, easy. Regular rolling pins have no place in my house anymore.

8. Ashleigh says

Corningware! Cooks beautifully, looks good so it can go straight from the oven to the table, and best of all it cleans up easily!

9. Kelly says

I may be a weirdo, because even though we did register for our wedding, I felt a little embarrassed knowing that I made a big list of things for people to buy for us. I know it was easier for them but I think it probably comes from my fear of opening gifts in front of people. I also sometimes look at other people’s registries and think..dang..they registered for that?! Does that make me a bad person? :)

Haha, it does feel kind of weird and oddly private to share a personalized wish list with all of your friends and relatives! I totally agree. I think John and I debated every last item we put on it since we didn’t want something frivolous and weird to elicit an “they wanted that???” response. Haha. Probably got some of those anyway!

• Bethany says

ha – I definitely judge people for their registries too. I just can’t comprehend why someone would need 15 different spatulas and a different appliance for every conceivable food you might want to cook.

I also judged a friend who put $50 pillowcases (50.. for ONE) on her registry, $50 towels, etc.. I mean, REALLY?!

I full recognize that it makes me a liiiiittle bit of a jerk.

• Emily R says

I also think the opening of gifts in front of others is awful! The only times in your life you do that are when you are a child, and about to be a bride. The funny thing is NONE of my friends like this, but everyone keeps doing it. In all honesty, I generally skip a bridal shower. I’ll send a gift, but I don’t want to watch you open it.

• Lindsey d. says

Agree. I often think “No way I’m buying them that!” Either something I think is impractical or just a bit odd. John and Sherry, I would NOT have bought you toothbrushes if you had registered for them! Weird!

• Victoria C says

In response to the whole “opening gifts” fear, as maid of honor at my best friend’s bridal shower where close to 70 people were invited (omg), I put on the invitation “the bride has requested unwrapped gifts”. I heard there were a few comments about this but most gifts came in cute baskets or clear cellophane thanks to Bed bath & beyond and cute ribbons. The guests were creative and we didn’t spend HOURS unwrapping gifts. Just opened cards and showed off the already visible gifts to acknowledge the guests. Best idea I’ve had!

I pretty uncomfortable with the whole registry thing, since my husband and I lived together before we were married (so we already had stuff to keep a house going). I tried to register for the things that would be super useful, and keep the “pretty” things to a minimum. It also helped that my husband and my mom browbeat me about how much easier it made it on all of the gift givers. Now that I’m going to other people’s weddings, I really appreciate registries – I know that if it’s on the list, then it’s definitely something that they want.

• Brynn says

Haha one of my best friends had a Pickle Picker on hers. It was only $2.95, but I made fun of her for it for a while. Just use a fork or your fingers LOL.

• Emily R says

Victoria C – why bring the gifts unwrapped? Why have everyone look at them? It just seems so tacky to me.

I know it is a tradition, and it is a harmless one, but it all stems from when you generally moved from your parents house to your married house. Most people do not do that anymore. And I live in a city, so NONE of my friends did that.

I think the party aspect is nice, but the gift giving has gotten out of hand. At no other time in your life would you dictate what someone is going to get you as a gift.

And to those who said they couldn’t wait to get nice dishes and serving ware, because of all the parties you are going to throw, why weren’t you throwing parties BEFORE you got married?

• Kelly says

I definitely agree with you – I judge people’s registeries, too! Mostly the completely ridiculous stuff – like a $150 trash can, just because it doesn’t show fingerprints. Expensive stuff is understandable, if it should be expensive, because that allows for people to go in on things together.

• Alison says

Not at all. I recently bought a $30 toilet plunger off a registry because it made me laugh. Really? You need to pump your stopped-up toilet with an oil-rubbed bronze plunger? You want your guests thinking about your bathroom habits when buying you gifts? So ridiculous I had to get it. The “Thank You” note was priceless – “Thanks for the plunger – everyone needs one!” Hahahaha.

• Edie says

Two of my super nerdy friends requested a life-size reproduction of a battle axe from their favorite video game (yay amazon having a registry!). They got it too!

Emily R – I was one of those that was super excited to get china and serving dishes for parties. We didn’t have parties before because my husband and I didn’t believe in living together before we were married, and married young. So we kind of graduated college, then got married and moved in together, and then bought a house. We didn’t really have a chance to start individual lives before we were married. So we needed just about everything – I didn’t even own a single spatula! Everyone makes different choices and while we are thrilled with how we started our life together, everyone does it differently. It’s all about knowing what is going to work for you when you register.

• Emily says

Whitney – I get that you guys did it differently, and I respect that. However, ALL of the weddings I have gone to were for people who were well established, and mostly living together like myself.

I have a hard time belieiving that my friends were living with one set of sheets for ten years in the hopes that they could one day register for new ones. Or holding on to that college duvet, because one day someone would buy them a new one!

If you were young and moved from home to your married house, than the idea of a registry still fits you, but where I live, that is very much the exception to the rule.

What I don’t understand is being in your 30s and waiting for a registry to get what you want. I see things that I want, I save up for them, and buy them because I know I will enjoy them. Apparently I am the exception to the rule.

10. Nicole Hyatt says

Great question! My mom has these stainless steel cookie sheets she got when she married (42 years ago) and they still are awesome! Nothing sticks, you can use metal utensils and they never scratch and now we all know they also don’t have the harmful Teflon coatings! I wish could find the same thing!

• Ros says

Based on my mom’s kitchen, Chicago bakeware is basically that – love them so much!

• Brenda says

I got mine at a restaurant supply company 25 years ago. They are called jelly roll pans. They are very heavy and are still very shiny because I use SOS pads on them from time to time.

11. Megan B says

I completely agree with your advice, particularly the bit about thinking about who you are now not who you think you should be when you’re ‘grown up.’ We registered for red wine glasses, white wine glasses and martini glasses (I had images of dinner parties with fancy desserts served in martini glasses, and then we had kids….) and 8 years later we could probably get rid of all of them. My husband doesn’t drink, and we probably serve friends wine once a year. I’m thinking about selling them all and just investing in a small set of stemless glasses instead.
    Some of our relatives bought us a whole set of sterling silver serving dishes, and we have never used them either. It was a lovely thought, but they’re not our style and we had already registered for basic white serving dishes which we DO use. That’s when a gift receipt would have been wonderful!
    The one thing I bought later was an ice bucket! We use it every single time we have people over, and for some reason it never occurred to me to register for one.

12. Kari says

Great post. Love when you guys give pragmatic “life advice” on keeping things simple and frugal.

I think our favorites would be our french press, our burr coffee grinder (obviously coffee is a priority haha), our duvet cover/shams,some nesting plastic mixing bowls from williams-sonoma (seriously use almost daily), and our good set of steak knives. Honorable mention goes to my grandmother who bought us a “salt hog” which wasn’t on our list. It’s basically a clay open mouth container to keep your salt in so you can easily grab a big pinch. Since we cook with sea salt, it has become one of my favorites and such a sweet reminder of her.

“What are your favorite registry items?” – Our favorite would be this flatware set that we got. We wanted it to be unique/cool enough to look good on a “fancy” table, but nothing we’d feel bad using daily. http://www.amazon.com/Gourmet-Settings-20-Piece-Flatware-Service/dp/B0000C1E8B/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

“Anything you got that you wish you hadn’t?” – Hot pink towels. Yeeeah, I don’t know what we were thinking either.

“Or that you later purchased and wished had made it onto your registry?” – A Keurig coffeemaker! Unlike you guys, we are SEVERE coffee people, and this thing has saved my life on more than one occasion. :)