Window Shopping: Home Goods (Holla)

A few months ago HomeGoods came a lot closer to home. Hence the celebratory “holla” in the title of this post. Yeah, I’m psyched. The closest location used to be in Short Pump (about twenty five minutes from our house) but a new one recently opened right in Chesterfield Towne Center (a mall that’s about eight minutes from our door). Score. So we thought it would be fun to run around with our camera and take some photos of whatever caught our eye (just like we occasionally do at Target, Ikea, and even the other HomeGoods location). Let’s go virtual shopping, shall we?

This cheerful turquoise bench ($150) caught my attention right away. Apparently Mr. Pony likes it too. Only in HomeGoods can you take a photo like this. Seriously, a giant iron horse checking out a garden bench? Check.

These little grellow ottomans ($80) were cute and functional thanks to the pop off tops. They’d look so good in an all neutral room in lieu of a coffee table to shake things up and add some color.

The ones that got away were these white bowls ($3 for the small salad/cereal ones and $8 for the bigger ones). I’m in love with the faceted gemstone-like shape. Should’ve gotten those. Darn.

The aisle marker that said “Library Decor” had us laughing. You know, since everyone needs faux books and a magnifying glass for their library.

I liked this sweet mauve velvet and linen-esque pillow ($35):

This gorgeous stripey velvet guy had me drooling too ($30):

I almost took this guy home with me ($24), but I kind of have a pillow problem so I vowed to give them a rest for a while. Sniffle.

But I did take this $22 planter home with me. There’s not much in the way of scale when it comes to this pic, but it’s a huuuuge metallic bronzy-brown planter with tons o’ texture thanks to the wavy sculptural shapes around the side. I’m smitten. Photos to come when I find a final resting place for him (I figure he can house magazines or even rolls of wrapping paper in a gift wrapping corner- or a plant, duh).

Then we had some fun with a giant watering can:

Here’s my favorite little shopping partner. Her “Eggy” (a yellow egg from Easter) kept her happy the whole time that John and I snapped away. Smooches to Grandma (aka: Nonna) for introducing Clara and Eggy. They’re a shopping match made in heaven.

Along with my metallic planter we also got two $19 Ralph Lauren pillows for our bedroom (our pillows were all flat and easily over 5 years old- time for new ones):

John didn’t have a little yellow egg to keep him company, but he did have a little too much fun in the pet aisle. Check out his wearable cat carrier and “I heart my cat” mug. The best things about the cat carrier was that the box’s tagline was: “no pet left behind.” For some reason that had me snort laughing. Update: I’ve since been enlightened that these carriers are for saving animals in emergencies, and now completely understand and endorse their function – we have not one but two doggie-carrier bags for Burger – safety first!).

This cheerful yellow lantern ($17) had me at hello. Up on a mantel, the top of a console, or an armoire it could definitely add some happy to any room.

John and I both fell hard for this industrial meets rustuc Hooker table. But even though it was marked down to $299 from $699, it was still too rich for our blood. But it’s gorgeous and so inspiring. Maybe someday we’ll master the whole welding thing and DIY something. Oh to dream…

This mirrored table ($70) was really similar to this $199 one from West Elm. So glam… and so hard to photograph.

This $49 lamp kind of reminded us of the metallic round-based ones that we have on our console table (from Marshall’s). We’re just suckers for clean white drum shades up top and some textured metal sheen down below:

This $29 botanical canvas was kind of fun and oversized. It could be great in a bathroom where you’d worry about prints or photographs getting all clammy and wrinkled.

This giant capiz mirror ($129) would be one of those room-making things when hung over a fireplace or above an entryway console table. Anything capiz = my jam. Seriously, I’d drool over a capiz bust of Screech from Saved By The Bell. Make it capiz and I’m in.

This $129 chair was cool. I could picture it pulled up to a desk instead of a stuffy office chair for a totally inviting little bill-paying and laptop-trolling zone.

This cool Moroccan-inspired black pouf was $80, and I could definitely see it in any sort of living space to add texture and a splash of the exotic. It might even look cool in a nursery. I know that seems weird, but it would add plush sophistication without posing any sort of hazard since it’s squishy and baby friendly. I can picture it pulled up to a charming clean-lined glider with a floofy white flokati rug. Mmm.

So there you have it, a quick little virtual shopping spree through HomeGoods. Have you guys seen anything there that you’re loving lately? Have you snagged new bed pillows or a jumbo planter that you plan to use indoors? Do you read faux books in your library with a posh magnifying glass? Come on, somebody tell me they do.

Psst- We weren’t paid or perked for this post, we just like HomeGoods. Like a lot.

Comments

You “window shopped” some cool stuff! I especially like the lantern and fabric for that pouf. I’d also run out ASAP to get the oversized magnifying glass if I didn’t already have one for my personal library. ;)

Clara’s too cute with her eggy. :)

I love the yellow lantern! Always a ton of great stuff at Home Goods – our closest one is too far away for us to go regularly, so I’m jealous of your new close location!

Haha – I have already lost hours of my life… and I don’t see an end to running the clock down a day at a time in there. I try to go late that way I have to leave when they close. Hahaha.

3. Christy K says

I WANT that blue bench and blue striped pillow! DARN YOU HOME GOODS FOR NOT BEING AROUND HERE! Ok.. I’m calm now. ;)

4. Jill says

Absolulutely LOVE HomeGoods! In there at least once a week to window shop. I was in Chicago last week and went in the new one downtown (yes, can’t resist that place even when I’m on vacation)…anyway it’s HomeGoods on steriods! Tried to figure out how I could get stuff in my already overflowing carry on bag to take on the plane…oh well…by the way, “Thanks” Sherry…I am now addicted to Pinterest! Love it and wish I had known about it last year when I planning my daughter’s wedding. It would have been so much more convenient than cutting and pasting pictures from the million websites we visited!

I am madly in love with Homegoods :). We used to have one 5 minutes from home, which was dangerous! Now that we have moved, the closest is 30 minutes away and I am itching to go. I think I could beautifully decorate our new home from Homegoods, Ikea, Target and consignment stores. Done and done. Great post–now I am really dying to make a visit :)!

6. Erin says

Ummm… I bought that ‘I <3 My Cat' mug for my boyfriend for a Christmas gag gift. Too funny! In love with the bench..I'm a sucker for ANYTHING turquoise. So much that I had to calm down on the amount of turquoise painting I was doing in my house. I even painted my kitchen cabinets turquoise! I'll have to hunt for a Home Goods nearby.

I love Home Goods! We got one not far from us in Harlem on the UWS near Columbus Square. Can’t wait to check it out.

LOVE Homegoods; was just there yesterday and bought a sunburst mirror for $69 which looks exactly like the one from ZGallerie! I could live in HomeGoods seriously!

Love your blog!
    Stop by mine: DancingStilettos.blogspot.com

Rebecca

9. jill says

can i please take you shopping with me? :) everything here is fab! i am currently working on a blank slate of a house, and it’s a weeeee bit overwhelming! hope y’all had a great 4th – always look fowrard to ready your posts!

I’m jealous that you’re that close to a Home Goods! I’m 25 miles from a Marshalls that totally lacks in the home decor items and I don’t even know how far from a Home Goods. Maybe it’s a good thing though… for my pocket book! I’m loving that yellow lantern! I have a tall armoire that’s a little over 5 feet and feels too high to put things like pictures but too low to just ignore. Those yellow lanterns would be awesome! And that bench… yes please! I’d love to have that bright teal on a porch!!!

I’m a sucker for glass. Bubble glass, clear glass, crackle glass, and they always (usually) have a vase or 2 I like for cheeeeep. LOVE the lamp you showed and the price is unbelievable, might have to check out a HG soon for that!

I was so super stoked when they opened! They’re about 5 minutes from me and I have to talk my self down everytime I pass by. “No, not today Kristin, you were just there.”

It’s good and bad at the same time. Love love love Homegoods. Not to mention you can walk over to Chipotle afterwards and eat 1000 calories and be happy as a clam on the ride home. Yeah, definitely not a weekly trip…