This week I’m laying out why I think the end of HGTV’s Fixer Upper might actually bring some good things, and Sherry’s revealing the secret screw-up that almost ruined our beach house floors. Plus If you’ve ever dreamed of buying a second property or wading into the real estate investing waters, we’re getting pro tips from real estate expert Dana Bull. She’s breaking down a less risky way to buy your first rental, explaining why being a landlord isn’t as scary as it sounds, and sharing tricks for renovating wisely.
You can download this episode from Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, and TuneIn Radio – or listen to it below! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos we referenced. Note: If you’re reading in a feed reader, you might have to click through to the post to see the player.
- If you missed the original post we did about getting our beach house floors refinished, you can read it here.
- And if you missed the news about Chip and Joanna moving on from their show, Fixer Upper, here’s their announcement.
Color Of The Year
- If you haven’t seen it yet, we don’t want to spoil Benjamin Moore’s Color of the Year 2018 (hence the black & white picture above) – but here’s the news.
- And if you wanna check out our past Color of the Year discussions, you can hear Sherwin-William’s 2018 color in Episode #67, Behr’s 2018 color in Episode #61 and Benjamin Moore’s 2017 color in Episode #23.
Dana Bull, Real Estate Coach
- You can learn more about Dana (and even enlist her coaching services) on her website, DanaBull.com
- She also told us some of her FAVORITE resources for getting started with real estate investing, especially the financial side:
- If you missed all of our news on our Beach Duplex purchase, you can hear it in Episode #64 and see more pictures in this post.
- Above is a peek at our daughter’s room, which has seen some recent updates (post coming hopefully soon!), but for now you can see the reversible duvet cover we found at Home Goods. Llama sheets are from Target, btw.
- Speaking of Target – and other places like Pottery Barn Kids and Land of Nod – well, they’re pretty much our go-to places for finding kids bedding. So it was fun to stumble upon some other great options in places I never think to look – like Bed Bath & Beyond, Overstock, and Etsy! Below are some of our favorite finds: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8
- Also, here’s the Dirty John podcast that we’ve both been loving. We finished the 6th and final installment this weekend and both of our mouths hung open for a good ten minutes. So captivating.
Also, if you’re looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all of our past episodes.
And lastly, a big thank you to Modsy for sponsoring this episode. Visit Modsy.com/YHL to see how they took our crazy, angled bonus room and reimagined it as a restful master suite. It nearly made Sherry want to move our bed in there! And don’t forget to use code YHL20 to get 20% off your first Modsy room.
Thanks for listening, guys!
*This post contains affiliate links*