Bazinga. It’s the show notes for Episode #19 of Young House Love Has A Podcast. On this week’s episode we’re talking about when it’s best to do something yourself and when it’s better to hire it out. We faced that question a lot during our big kitchen renovation, and today we’re discussing how we made the call, including strategies for saving time and money. We also bust out our five favorite routines that keep household clutter in check (bonus: they’re all pretty easy!). Plus, we share some unconventional ways that we’ve discovered original artwork and we learn how to do some pretty weird stuff… like turning a bedroom into a vampire den. Yup, you read that right.
- You can read more about our kitchen renovation here (so many words! so many pics! and more coming this week!)
- And here are some photos of the new still life painting of the Paymaster we purchased from Vita on Instagram (above) and the pink painting from the ski house where we stayed (below).
- Here are the WikiHow articles:
- And here’s a round-up from CollegeHumor.com with more weird WikiHow articles.
- Here’s that oooold post I referenced when I resolved to make the bed every day (still going strong – and Burger is still burrowing around in it every day just for kicks).
- We’ve written several other posts over the years about keeping the house clean/organized/tidy, like:
- And speaking of clothes in the hamper, here’s the one we have in our closet. Sherry also loves this one.
- Last but not least, here are some of those Tetris-esque stair baskets that we mentioned (there’s this one, this one, and this one).
- Here is one (of the many) gold frames from Target that Sherry was loudly gasping about (and subsequently buying – I think we have five now). We got two in the large 12 x 20″ size and Sherry grabbed a few of these smaller ones along with this desktop one too.
- This is the tool bag I have, but this one and this one look pretty great too.
Psst- Looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into? Well, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all past episodes.
Visit westelm.com/yhl to learn more about their Design to Impact program, and enter YHL15 at checkout to get 15% off your next purchase.
*This post contains affiliate links*