Something about filming the video tour of our showhouse progress made us realize that we were overdue for one of our own house (that and the fact that so many of you have been asking for one). And considering the last one we made was the “before” of this house, overdue is actually an understatement. So please forgive our delay and enjoy this little jaunt around our very much in-progress pad:
In the video you might notice a few things…
- There are several “disaster zones” in the house (the dining room, the guest room, and the unfinished storage room) which are basically a catch-all dumping ground for things that we haven’t figured out a place for yet – so we kept those real and showed you the chaos.
- We also take a moment to highlight the bins full of baby girl clothes in the living room that Sherry’s going to consign/donate. Why do we always point out the most random things when the camera’s rolling?
- There’s a sneak peek of our master bathroom ceiling, which is halfway done.
- I filmed while Sherry narrated, since we’ve learned that Sherry’s a bit too Blair Witch Project with her camera skills, and I’m not as good at chatting without long awkward pauses.
- Sherry now wants me to add that there’s nothing not-awkward about her narration. I like her last sentence the best.
- Please forgive the couple of obvious cuts – like when I trekked down a long dark hallway towards our laundry, or when I spun around and smacked the camera into our closet wall and may have muttered something unsavory.
- Burger makes a cameo and totally plays it cool (“don’t mind me, I’ll just keep eating.”)
And if you’re interested in making a direct comparison, here’s our original house tour video from waaaay back in May – which was before we had even moved in.
Do you guys ever walk around with a video camera (or just a regular camera) to “time capsule” your progress? It’s such an easy thing to put off doing (and it definitely feels weird while you’re doing it), but it’s kind of awesome to have them to look back on.