We’re about to get video happy up in this hizzy. It’s once again time for a video house tour since it has been about six months since the last one and lots has changed since then. So here it is. Ten soul-stirring minutes of me and John walking around the house together while I blab and he films (John = steady hands, Sherry = the chatty one). We’re nothing if not high tech. So come on in and walk around with us…
A few notes:
- I’ve listened to this five times trying to hear Natalie Portman or Mila Kunis (since you guys always say you hear it) and I just can’t.
- We filmed this with our new camera, which we’ll be sharing more details on this afternoon (in case you couldn’t tell, we’re still getting a handle on the audio – haha)
- While watching this back John made fun of me for “feigning cluelessness about how a dog gets into a chair” (at 33 seconds in) and said “does he jump? does he fly?” which made me snort laugh. But seriously, I’ve never seen Burger get into those chairs – he always just… materializes.
- I love seeing the house through the eyes of the video camera because it helps me see things I miss in person. For example, looking from the office back into the dining room makes me want to raise the art up about 6″ inches above the buffet, so it still connects to what’s under it but lets things breathe a little more.
- Sorry my voice gets louder and softer, it’s literally because if I wasn’t exactly the same distance from the camera John was holding it would fluctuate, so I tried to stay glued to him, but I’m a flailer when I talk… so…
- You can actually see John and I working our dorky joint video-making magic in the mirror of our master’s sink nook at 5:53 in the video. Priceless.
- Drinking game: take a sip every time I say “secret book projects.”
- Are the baad brass doorknobs sucking the life out of you through your computer screen? They’re like kryptonite to me. Gotta get on those.
- At 9:13 when I say Clara’s room will always remain a nursery, I don’t mean that she’ll be 15 and sleeping in a crib. I just mean she’ll move into the playroom (which will become her big girl room) and then if a future Petersik bean should come along, that room will be theirs since it’s the smallest (so it works the best with a crib).
- Was that not the dorkiest, most embarrassing ending of all time? “I’m getting over a stomach bug so… all you need is love?” What is wrong with me? Maybe I should just stick to “Seacrest, out.”
- What’s with me being sick right before each video tour? Seriously. Maybe there’s something primal about cleaning the house when you’re recovering from some evil germ-fest and then I saying “hey, the house is clean… it’s time for a tour!”
And now, just for fun I thought I’d end with the link to the last video tour we shared six months ago (complete with terrible camera shakiness since I wasn’t smart enough to recruit John and his steady hands last time) – just because it’s pretty funny to see how much has changed. You know what they say about videos, they’re worth a thousand pictures. Wait, they don’t say that? Well the should. Do you guys ever videotape your house, just to see how it changes over time or to document what you’ve accomplished so far? Do you have terribly flail-y hands that make for a Blair-Witch-ish result? Would your hubby ever walk around with you and hold the camera while you jabber on? I think John deserves an award for that. Perhaps a handmade award courtesy of my flail-y hands. Oh and if you’re watching the most recent video and wondering what we still have on our ever-growing to-do list, this somewhat updated rundown has all that info for ya. Hootie hoo! Seacrest, out.
Psst- Check out all the other house tour videos since we’ve moved in here, here, here, here and here. And here’s an outside tour from last year and an updated one from this year. Viva la video camera!