Our Family Christmas Card (Dog Pajamas Included)

As we head into the holiday weekend, we’re looking forward to watching “the kids” unwrap their presents (yes, Burger gets some too), gorging on goodies, and spending time with family and friends. But before the festivities officially begin, we wanted to take a moment to say HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you guys!

The image above was the Christmas card that we sent out to our family and friends (in case you can’t see, the text reads: “Hope you get your mitts on everything that you want this season“). This is the template we used through Snapfish (we just provided the pic and the wording of the note and they printed 40 5 x 7 cards on matte photo paper & provided envelopes for each one to the tune of around $25 thanks to a coupon code that we googled around for).

Getting the shot was a bit more involved than our previous years’ cards (which starred Burger as a reindeer, a kiss-monger, and a big brother in waiting) since we had a dog and a baby to work with this time (everything from getting Burger to actually wear his trapdoor sleeper to keeping both of our models in place was a bit of a challenge). But we had tons of fun watching Clara try to lick Burger for a change (weird, but true). And since we know you guys love behind the scenes stuff, here’s our “set” of sheepskins in the ol’ den where we shot it in early December:

Notice the block acting as Clara’s stand-in while she was getting a diaper change? Oh and here’s a fun fact, Sherry actually photoshopped that bow on Clara’s head after we uploaded the pic since there’s no hair to clip a real bow to yet. Anyway, happy holidays to all! May your days be merry and bright- and may your chihuahuas (and other various family members) be held tight.

Psst- We announced this week’s giveaway winner. Click here to see if it’s you.

Comments

1. Summer says

By the way, I was COMPLETELY bald until I was three years old, and now I have a whole lot of very enviable hair. Good things come to those who wait. You just hold out, Clara!

Not only did you just give me one more reason why I want to pick up two sheep skin rugs at Ikea but you made me even more excited for our first love.bump that will be arriving this spring. Tommy and I will open up the envelope that contains “paint chip confetti” I made (explained on my blog) with shades of blue or pink on Christmas Eve! (We’ll be on the phone together since he’s currently over seas.) I have two gifts ready-to-go containing girly and boy attire and will then present our families with the box containing the big surprise! Again- Love Love Your Card!

3. Ally says

The camera definitely *loves* little Clara, and it’s looks like the feeling is mutual :) So sweet!

Looking at the old header and the new header, I had to smile…does the great city of Richmond only have 1 landscaper, perchance?

2 big trees planted right in front of the house ~ CHECK! :)

Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a good night :)
    xox

4. Reenie says

OMG!!! That is seriously the cutest picture EV-ER!!!

…..a tip for a lil bow to stick to Clara ~ I’ve heard syrup or…. believe it or not….K-Y Jelly!! :)

5. Mendy says

Hey Sherry, my niece had no hair until she was about three, so my sister in law would put a dab of vaseline on her head and stick the bow to that. It worked out great and wasn’t sticky at all. Btw…cute, cute, card!!

6. Cecelia says

What a wonderful pic!

Thank you for sharing your time, your immense talent, and your lives!

Merry Christmas, Youngsters!

7. mypatsyann says

Oh. my. goodness. You have the adorabl-est daughter on earth. HOW do you always capture those amazing expressions?!

8. Julie Ball says

Totally unsolicited advice here, but you can get thin ribbon, tie a little bow just like that & stick it on Clara’s head with a smidge of KY Jelly. Also weird but true:)