Oh No I Di’int

Hi my name is Sherry Petersik, and I have a white ceramic animal problem. Well, this one’s actually made of white resin. Guess which creature stole my heart this time? Here’s a hint.

Now I’m just putting words here so you don’t see the picture below before you venture a guess. Assuming you want to play along. Come on, what animal is it?

More words.

More words.

More words.

More words.

Ok, now I’ll explain how it all went down. I couldn’t resist requesting demanding that John drive me over to TJ Maxx after I received this email from a reader named Nina:

I thought of you guys when I saw this white resin ram’s (?) head at the Broad Street TJ Maxx today. I took a quick pic in the TJX dressing room, which is attached. I bought one but there was still another one there as of an hour ago. It was $30. No other similar animals, but they did have some nice looking white faux coral. – Nina

Oh and this picture was attached:

Let me tell you, it’s totally dangerous to have shopping spies sending ceramic animal details your way. You guys know they’re my kryptonite. Sometimes I can weakly walk away, but this time I just couldn’t resist. We were at TJ Maxx less than five hours later (we made it in right before they closed up shop around 7:30). And miracle of all miracles, no one else had snatched up that remaining ram.

It’s miiiiiiine. All miiiiiiiiine. I couldn’t be more excited. I know it’s weird, but I’m ok with weird. Actually, I love weird. Seriously, I ran out to the car with the biggest smile (Clara was sleeping so I popped in while John stayed in the car with her). Hubs knew I had “secured” Señior Ram from the moment I skipped out the door grinning like I won the lottery. And as for the price, I thought 30 bucks was great compared to this nearly identical ram from Williams Sonoma Home who rings in at a whopping $245! Holla. Oh and how funny is that picture of Rammo on the extra wide plank floors in our bedroom above? Doesn’t it look like he’s hanging on the wall of a cabin or something? Here’s an angle that’s a bit less wall-like:

On second thought, that kinda looks like a wall too. How about this angle:

Yes, that’s Burger stretching in the background. He moseyed out of bed, enjoyed a leisurely stretch, and then approached the newest member of the faux animal gang to check things out.

After some oddly placed sniffs Burger accepted Rammo as his long lost brother walked away to check under Clara’s kitchen chair for scraps. Gotta love that warm chihuahua welcome. I wonder where Ramsy will end up living. Is it weird that I want him over our bed? He’s not big enough to live there alone, but perhaps among a few other smaller white ceramic animal heads in a grouping somewhat similar to this from Ballard Designs?

I know I’m strange, but you can’t help who what you love. I’m fully aware that sleeping under a ceramic ram head might be your idea of h-e-double-hockey-sticks. But it’s totally my idea of a good time.

Update: And now, due to popular demand. The photo of Burger stretching rotated 90 degrees so it looks like he’s scaling the wall. Who doesn’t enjoy a little zero gravity yoga?

Psst- We announced this week’s giveaway winners. Click here to see if you’re one of them!

Comments

1. Amy says

Unrelated question alert:

Are there gaps in-between the planks of your floors? I have wide plank pine in my living room and I have a hard time sweeping because all the dirt just falls into the cracks. Anybody have some advice for me? pretty please.

2. Sima says

What a great find . Love it!!!!! Me wants one to…It has amazing detail, looks high end and not cheap looking.

Love Burger in the background, my cats stretch like that, it’s cute.
    I need to start collecting white/silver ornaments, we are putting up shelves on either side of our TV and I need nice things to put on them. We have Marshalls near us and they sometimes have nice things but TJ Maxx is a bit further out :-( oh well. I saved the photos of the shelves you painted the back of for inspiration. I like how you placed everything on the shelves without it looking overdone.

3. Melo says

Great find! For you, that is…

I happen to also love white ceramic pieces, but have a golden rule at home: Absolutely no items with eyes. We can’t decorate with items that are “watching you”. Reasoning, you ask? I get the same exact feeling from them than what you get from your kitchen knobs.

…And now that song will play in my head for the rest of the afternoon…

Oh Nina, you enabler. She’s a friend of mine and I can’t tell you how many things I’ve bought because of her. (A good friend to have if you like cool stuff but don’t like having money!)

5. Reenie says

OMG……first I’m cracking up at Nina ~ taking the Ram into the dressing room to take a photo of him.

Second ~ I really thought he was hanging on your wall. I was thinking what room has those planks on the wall.

Third ~ the pics of Burger…….too cute!!!

Fourth ~ your hubby knows it’s the little things in life that makes you happy. If only more men would realize that ;)

It really is the little things isn’t it? So true. A ceramic animal every season makes me a happy wife indeed. And a happy wife makes for a happy life!

6. Katie says

Oh, I just adore the new spontaneous blogging style. This post made me laugh so hard at the pic of Burger scaling the wall that my pug came wandering over, assuming only food could make anyone so pleased.

7. Megan says

How awesome! My friends and I often text each other pics when we are out shopping and see something that the the other would like, but you’ve stepped it up a notch. You have thousands of friends. Score.

8. Sami says

It totally looks like Burger is doing push-ups. Might be good for a doggie exercise post on Burger’s blog. LOL