Ride With Us To Texas, Won’t You?

After mentioning our near cross-country road trip last week, did you find yourself wondering how we entertained ourselves for over forty hours of driving? Well, we filmed a lot of it with our trusty Flip video camera. And we spent this past weekend not in the car (hootie hoo!), but trimming down all that footage into a little musical montage video of our road-trip-on-steroids.

For those curious enough to take the journey with us, we can promise you’ll see:

• Some less than healthy drive-thru decisions
  • A bit of behind the wheel dancing
  • Grade A nerd behavior in the form of a geographic-tastic driving game
  • Sherry in bed with another woman
  • Obligatory Burger footage
  • Absolutely zero footage of Sherry driving (because it never happened)
  • Fast-food inspired decorating ideas (we didn’t say they’re good)
  • Sherry with her hair down (yes, for all you why-don’t-you-lose-the-ponytail peeps)
  • Visiting cultural attractions – scratch that, visiting a Pottery Barn Outlet
  • A preview of our adventures with the Bowers and my cousin’s wedding, which we’ll share more of soon.

So, without further ado, please enjoy the virtual road trip below (or watch it directly on Vimeo)

And while we’re on the subject, tell us where we can get a sneak peek at some of your summer travels. Got any good road trip stories to share? Photos posted somewhere to view? If anyone else has iMovied a little road trip video, we’d love to see it. Long live long drives!

Awesome roadtrip video! I have to admit I didn’t get to watch the whole thing (because I’m “working“) but I enjoyed the mini-trip with you!

Is it bad that your Taco Bell run made me hungry so early in the morning?!!?

Thank you for taking us along – what a GREAT video. Having move to Germany from Denmark we go on road trips regularly and just took one this week-end. 1300 miles in 2 days… Maybe we ought to film it to make it more fun.

3. Donita says

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! What a great video………LOVE TRAVELING!!! I’m tired just from watching your video. You guys make my mornings. ;-) I can’t wait to see the wedding pics, the couple are gorgeous. :-D Thanks again. We live in Wa state, so your video is probably the closest I will ever be to those states. :-P

4. Chelsea says

AAAHHH Road Trips!! My husband and I made it from Williamsburg, VA to Los Angeles in 2 and half days…we were on a serious time crunch!! We didnt get it on film, or have a furry companion like you youngsters! We met interesting people in the middle of no where, New Mexico, survived wind storms in Oklahoma (where the winds go sweeping down the plains), hit almost all the dairy queens for a blizzard, and saw the sunset on the Mississippi River while crossing into Arkansas! We lived on pure exhaustion, but we made it to tell the tale that there is almost nothing down I-40!! Next time for sure we will have to video it like you guys!

5. Heather says

I watched the WHOLE thing and it was awesome!! You guys have some editing skillz. This is gonna be so fun to look back on when you’re old and wrinkly lol Miss you guys xo

6. Mia says

I’ve been following you guys for almost a year. I really enjoyed seeing this video b/c it showcased your every day quick-witted, silly personalities.
    Not only are you super talented, but you truly love life and each other as friends and spouses. Kudos and viva la road trips!
    On a side note, I just finished painting my 1950s knotty pine kitchen white and used your step-by-step, hoping to send pics when it’s completed…

7. Blair says

Love it! You witnessed first-hand the giant peach of Gaffney! I have seen that on a road trip in the past, and, like you, I have no idea why it is in SC instead of GA!

8. Tashia says

That was cute! Don’t you just love your flip video? We got one to take video of our new baby. It’s so easy to use! But I wish we had the new HD version! Can’t wait to see more!

9. Laura says

Love the video! And we’re big fans of road trips, even with 5 kiddos in tow! Yes, it can be done but somewhat insanely… We’re on the East coast and family is on the West coast and in Texas- with best friends in SC and Florida, so that makes for some crazy, marathon driving.
    Can’t wait to see the wedding!

10. caro says

love that you guys did the video . . . looks like you have so much fun together! but didn’t you get on each others’ nerves at all during the 41 hours?!

thanks for sharing your trip!

Jenni- So glad you love the song. We do too (in fact it’s been in our head for days). There’s a url where you can find the song at the end of the video (we love musicians who allow anyone to use their songs as long as you credit them!). Hope it helps!

Kelly- I have only driven for 6 months of my life. Crazy, eh? I moved to NYC for college right after getting my license (and there’s no need to drive there with the subway and all that). Because I stayed there for over 6 years without driving I got a little rusty. Then we moved to Virginia and I slowly started to drive here and there (I have always had a license, I just rarely actually drive). But since we only have one car and John uses it most of the time he’s still the primary driver (we love being a one car household and save tons of money since I work from home and don’t need one on a daily basis). I always say I’d be happy to drive to relieve John on road trips but we always both say soon and go back to singing/dancing/license plate spotting and before we know it we’re at our destination. Maybe next time…

Oh and Burger only pants when we’re both sitting in the sun (when the sun shines through onto our side we both get pretty overheated so he pants a bit and then I blast the air) so I don’t think it’s car sickness. He’s been going on long road trips with us for years so he’s pretty good at being in the car- and usually just sleeps most of the way. We feel very blessed that he’s such a good traveler. Here’s hoping our future kids are the same!

Abigail- Love the state lion joke. We’ll definitely give you a roar next time!

Laura- We actually don’t use the WordPress app when it comes to our iPhone and just manually log into the dashboard of our site as we would on any other computer (entering the url and the password) and publish posts the same way we do on our MacBook at home (click the publish button and hold our breath). Hope it helps!

I love road trips!! Great video. Sherry, why didn’t you do any driving??
    Our dog pants just like Burger when she is in the car. I asked the vet about it and it’s a sign of nausea… I hope poor lil’ Burger wasn’t carsick!!
    Thanks for sharing! Love your blog!