A Video Tour Of Our New House

Now that we’re wrapping things up at our current house and we’ve spilled the new house beans it’s like we’ve finally given ourselves permission to LOSE. OUR. MINDS. So yeah, this new house video tour is full of chirpy excitement that only a home in your dream neighborhood can produce. Forgive me. It’s not a good look. And watching it produces the same embarrassment that my way-too-enthusiastic mom elicited back in high school. Which confirms that I’m turning into her. Uh oh…

Woop, there it is. The first set of stairs we ever owned, and the house that’s attached to them.

A few notes:

• I’m not awkward at all in the beginning.
  • We used John’s phone to “time stamp” this video thanks to Googling “today’s date” on Friday when we filmed it. We’re nothing if not high tech around here.
  • Drinking game: count how many times I say love.
  • Keep an eye out for John’s finger coming into frame to tell me which direction to walk (yes, he holds the camera and I walk next to him to chat since his description of the house would be three sentences mixed with long silences and if I held the camera you’d lose your lunch).
  • Sorry about the audio getting odd in a few areas (empty rooms have weird echoes and it turns out the bathroom fan upstairs is crazy loud on film).
  • I sing about stairs. My life is officially a musical.
  • Ahhhhhhh! I can’t think of any more. Did I mention we’re crazy excited?!

Oh and please bear with us when it comes to questions about our plans and the ol’ to do list that we’re compiling. We promise we’ll whip up a floor plan post and share our new masterlist with all of our To-Dos on it as soon as we have those laid out (we’re still in that changing-our-minds-every-second phase). It might be a little while before we’ve fully segued into the full new house mindset since we still live in our current house and definitely have a lot of stuff on our plates with selling it, getting packed up, and moving.

And now, I’ll end this with a completely understated “AHHHHHHHHHHH!” and another big wet kiss for you guys. So excited to share this next chapter with you. Also if you’re my mom and you’re reading this, I’m not that scared of turning into you. Except that none of my shoes will fit anymore…

Comments

• Lu says

totally forgot to ask in the first place, but if you dont mind sharing, what are those speaker-looking boxes near the doors of the rooms?

• Carrie Lea says

My parents have those in every room in their house! There is even a turn table connected! The house they live in my grandparents built in 1967 and the intercom stopped working when I was a kid, so probably about 15-20 years after they were installed. My dad fixed the radio part when they moved in though and made it where you can hook a cd player into it (this was pre-iTunes) and my mom loves it when she is cleaning. :)

Congrats on the new home journey!

We returned home from volunteering at Ironman St. George (and visiting family) to the US Collegiate Cycling Road Championships in our town. Incidentally, those championships are coming to Richmond next year.

2. Sarah says

I can’t wait until I’m home from work so I can watch this properly!! Haha I guess I’m sharing your “chirpy excitement” :)

3. Brandy says

I can’t wait to get home and watch the video.

Also, random side note, Sherry! Have you seen the happy chic jonathan adler line at jcpenny’s!?!?! AHHH!! Totally affordable adler…best day ever when I walked in and saw it all last Saturday!

4. Tracy says

Ok, that house has some amazing bones. yeah, the mauve and blue trim are scary, and wallpapered light switched make you go huh?, but it really does have a nice layout. Really excited for you guys, can’t wait to see what you do with it.

5. Carrie says

Holy Blue Trim – bet you can’t wait to get that all white and crisp! Could only watch w/out audio – so you didn’t seem awkward at all Sherry! ;-) Can’t wait to watch it w/ audio later!

6. Angela says

I’m so happy for you guys!! The house seems to be laid out really well. I can’t wait to see how you transform it. :) Congratulations!

The house has great bones! I’m so excited to see what you guys do to the place. I almost feel like I should buy a house and start a renovation right along with you! Almost.

Also, I feel the same about having a window over the kitchen sink! Right now we’ve just got a mirror and it ain’t cuttin’ it. And a bona fide pantry! Another must-have on my list. Last thing: awesome natural light! You guys picked a good one.

Okay, I’m done. Excited to see what the next few months bring with your new place!

LOVE IT. So. much. freaking. potential. I may have already mentally two toned those kitchen cabinets. Just sayin’ Also, jealous of the upstairs laundry, and I LOVE the retro intercom system (jk/lol!) You guys will love having an upstairs- we love being able to go upstairs at the end of the night and they day is done. Congratulations!

Love it! can’t wait to see your plans with the fireplace wall…we have one of those two and we’re kinda stumped about what to do with it!

10. Cindy says

Congratulations! Can’t wait to see you make this house a home, too. We moved into our current home almost four years ago, and we were just as giddy with excitement.

11. sarah says

wraparound deck TO DIE FOR! hello, impromptu plays, BBQs w friends, HS dance photos! :) :) can’t wait to see what the yard looks like, too. exciting times!