Our Yearly Christmas Card (& Warm Holiday Wishes!)

With family arriving tonight for our first ever Christmas in Richmond, we wanted to be sure we shared our holiday card with you guys first (you know we love ya like family). We couldn’t do this little blog-thang (look at me getting all twangy) without you. And we sincerely appreciate you for dropping in on us.

We shot this earlier in the month with the help of a bunch of ribbon snagged on clearance from Michael’s last Christmas (some of which later ended up on our tree). It’s actually two pictures photoshopped together, since getting Clara and Burger to sit still that close to one another without doing something weird (like synchronized diaper sniffing/tail grabbing) is beyond unrealistic. You can actually see a bunch of outtakes over on Young House Life today. Like this one we like to call “The Peeper.”

We hope everyone has a fun/joy/family/food/relaxation-filled holiday weekend! And although we figure many of you will be busy with miscellaneous chaos over the upcoming week between Christmas and New Year’s, we’ll still be dropping in with a quick post every day from Monday through Friday for ya (and yes – we hope to have some cabinet priming/painting peeks for you guys with a big reveal sometime around the first week of January if all goes well).

We just found out that we have a big book deadline of January 4th too (the entire final manuscript is due- yikes!!!) so at any point if you’re wondering what we’re up to, you can probably count on us to be holding a paint brush, a laptop, a toddler, a chihuahua, or a cookie covered in sprinkles. And maybe a few of those things at once (let’s find out if I can eat a cookie while priming, shall we?). Happy holidays to every last one of ya!

Psst- We announced this weeks giveaway winner, so click here to see if it’s you.

Comments

Aww, thanks for the card! Merry Christmas to all of you too. It was great to see the creative process over on Young House Life – I tried to comment there but my iPhone refused to play nicely.

Christmas eve is also my first blogiversary, so I’m looking forward to posting a little reminiscence-type blog then!

Have a great Chrissy and New Year!

2. Sandy says

Happy Holidays to you guys from New Jersey! Your blog rocks!! Love you guys … BUT … Burger is the bomb!!! LOVE BURGER!

3. Jenn M. says

made me smile…one of the cutest and most unique/creative christmas cards ive seen.

happy christmas!
    jenn

4. Sayard says

This post isn’t showing up on younghouselove.com, only when I click on the link from young house life in today’s post “if you haven’t seen it see it here”. Not sure if it’s just me or not!

Sounds like a cacheing issue. I would try emptying your browser’s cache or cookies or history/data and it should pop right up when you refresh. Hope it helps!

5. Cathy says

adorable! question: is there a reason you guys use Photoshop instead a free knockoff version? I’m looking for photo editing software and would love to hear your opinion! and Merry Christmas…hope you get a chance to kick back and enjoy this weekend! and that you don’t mistake primer for frosting while making cookies… :)

We both used it a lot professionally (when we were in advertising) so we already owned it and were used to it. But if you’re just starting out the free programs could be all you need so I’d definitely start there!

I’m an Adobe software user myself (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)… But if you want some freebie software with similar capabilities you could try Gimp (a Photoshop alternative) and Inkscape for vector graphics (an Illustrator alternative). Though I suppose if it’s just photo editing you’re looking for, Gimp is the one you’d want.

Gimp: http://www.gimp.org/