Our Yearly Christmas Card (& Warm Holiday Wishes!)

With family arriving tonight for our first ever Christmas in Richmond, we wanted to be sure we shared our holiday card with you guys first (you know we love ya like family). We couldn’t do this little blog-thang (look at me getting all twangy) without you. And we sincerely appreciate you for dropping in on us.

We shot this earlier in the month with the help of a bunch of ribbon snagged on clearance from Michael’s last Christmas (some of which later ended up on our tree). It’s actually two pictures photoshopped together, since getting Clara and Burger to sit still that close to one another without doing something weird (like synchronized diaper sniffing/tail grabbing) is beyond unrealistic. You can actually see a bunch of outtakes over on Young House Life today. Like this one we like to call “The Peeper.”

We hope everyone has a fun/joy/family/food/relaxation-filled holiday weekend! And although we figure many of you will be busy with miscellaneous chaos over the upcoming week between Christmas and New Year’s, we’ll still be dropping in with a quick post every day from Monday through Friday for ya (and yes – we hope to have some cabinet priming/painting peeks for you guys with a big reveal sometime around the first week of January if all goes well).

We just found out that we have a big book deadline of January 4th too (the entire final manuscript is due- yikes!!!) so at any point if you’re wondering what we’re up to, you can probably count on us to be holding a paint brush, a laptop, a toddler, a chihuahua, or a cookie covered in sprinkles. And maybe a few of those things at once (let’s find out if I can eat a cookie while priming, shall we?). Happy holidays to every last one of ya!

Psst- We announced this weeks giveaway winner, so click here to see if it’s you.

1. Reenie says

What an adorable Christmas card ~ so cute =)

Merry Christmas ~ John, Sherry, Clara & Burger. I hope you have a great Christmas with your family.

Merry Christmas! I had THE weirdest dream last night that you guys starting throwing up plexiglass walls everywhere in your house and making it like a business office. The things you dream about…

3. Kelly C. says

LOL poor Burger! It’s a good thing you guys let him sleep in the bed and have the run of things or he may not forgive you for the ribbon… Love the card and thank goodness for Photoshop!

Merry Christmas!

Haha, it’s true! If he weren’t the king of this house he might have a reason to cop a bit of attitude about the ribbon. I think he humors us every once in a while in exchange for treats and taking over our bed!

That’s absolutely adorable! Our cat would do the exact same thing as Burger, too. :-) Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas, filled with food, family, friends, and a whole lot of pictures that you’ll share with your internet family!

5. Meri says

Adorable! I’ve mostly been a lurker over the years (since I know poor Sheri has to/gets to manually approve hundreds/thousands of comments a day), but I just wanted to say how lovely it is seeing you turn your kitchen into the heart of your home. Well done. And, if anyone deserves a christmas break it is you guys! Take a couple days or even the whole dang week. We’ll be here when you get back! I know, if your readers all knew each other I’m sure I would get lynched right now. :-) Merry Christmas!

6. Monika says

Merry Christmas from our family to yours! You have been an inspiration to me and hence indirectly made my home more beautiful for the holidays, so thank you for that! Hopefully 2012 will bring you even more unimaginable successes that you so greatly deserve. Cheers!

7. Lisa W. says

Oh-my-gosh! I didn’t realize that was Burger’s tongue until I read your post on the outtakes! Am I the only one who thought you put a Rudolph nose on him???!!!! LOVE IT! Merry Christmas to you all!

I totally smile every time I see her in one of the two headbands I sent her forever ago ;) They are the best because they stretch and last so long! Beautiful card. Merry Christmas, guys!