It’s baaaack…

Yup, Katie B (and Will & Jeremy) drove up to VA to pay us a visit this past weekend. Sneaky little Bowers. And among other things, we posed in the yard holding big white signs. You know, the usual. We’ll share more what-we-did details a little later in the week, but for now we’re here to issue the second ever Pinterest Challenge (it’s not actually sponsored or endorsed by Pinterest – we’re just obsessed fans).

My Pinterest addiction runs deep (as you know from this heartfelt post of yore), so a few months back when Katie called me to say that she thought we should challenge ourselves to make one thing each season that’s inspired by all the amazing stuff that we’ve pinned over there (and call it… wait for it… The Pinterest Challenge) I thought it sounded like fun. It’s a welcome slap of stop-pinning-and-start-doing. Because I’ve pinned 1001 things and only done about 1% of them. We ended up having a great time with our first Pinterest Challenge this summer, so we’re back with the fall edition.

The only rule is to do your take on something inspirational that you’ve pinned, so it can be anything- big or small (decor or sewing or cooking related – or beyond). Last time John and I made a clothespin light fixture for the laundry room, but this time we thought something seasonal could be fun (since the winter edition of the Pinterest Challenge won’t roll around until January). So I thought I’d seize the opportunity to whip up a bunch of Pinterest-inspired ornaments for a (hopefully) charming “homemade for the holidays” effect.

I’ve already pinned about fifty ideas, but I’m not sure which ones John and I will end up doing (and what our riff on them will look like) – but we’ll be back with all of those details when we complete the challenge next week. Oh and you’re probably wondering who else is playing along with Katie Bower from Bower Power (aka: The Pinterest Challenge Founder – somebody get her a beard and a top hat). We thought it would be fun to ask different folks to “guest host” with us each time, so we’re thrilled to have:

So here’s the part where I extend my arm with an awkward smile and an uncoordinated curtsey and humbly invite you to join in… and do your own spin on something you pin! We figured we’d give everyone (and ourselves) the weekend to work on stuff and reconvene next Wednesday morning (the 2nd) to share our projects. We’re hoping this’ll turn into the same über fun share-fest that we soaked up this summer (check out all the amazing linked-up projects here). So just drop in next Wednesday to see what we’ve done – and to submit links to stuff that you’ve completed so we can all check it out. Maybe we’ll even pin a few things. And so the vicious cycle continues…

One more time, for the people in the back: regardless of the fact that I say Pinterest ten million times (drinking game, anyone?) this wasn’t paid or perked by them or anyone else. We’re just eye-candy obsessed gals who love a good pin-fest. Sometimes while watching certain Beverly Hills Housewives.

I can’t wait! This weekend I made that cake mix & pumpkin 2 ingredient cake. The one you’ve seen on Pinterest if you’ve logged on for even 5 seconds! Can’t wait to blog about it and share with everyone. Spoiler – mine wasn’t a husband hit.

• LaMadre says

I made the cake this past weekend. Base don reader feedback, I added 3 eggs and a quater cup of applesauce – it was great!

• Heather W says

I made this too and added about 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips it was OK. My daughter didn’t like so much but husband thought it was OK. I will be making the tried and true original homemade pumpkin bread in the future. This one wasn’t as moist but I love trying new things.

I tried that this weekend, too! I added about 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips and some pumpkin pie spice. It was a pretty big hit. Everyone liked it. Especially with some nice coffee on the side!

• Amy says

I made it last night but switched it up to use spice cake mix, and made muffins instead of cake (baked them for 22 minutes). HUGE hit in my household.

• Beth W. says

I made it too, but I used pumpkin pie filling instead of plain pumpkin, added in pumpkin pie spice, and used spice cake instead of yellow. I made both muffins and a loaf and they were both super yummy!

2. Dawn Levasseur says

YAY, It’s back! I totally loved the last challenge and even participated, even though I didn’t download any pics (I’m kinda slow with the camera, pic-to-computer download thing). So it was more of a personal challenge. It was time for me to stop pinning and start doing. So last time I painted my generic blond wood Ikea ladder back chairs ORB (oh yes I did) and recovered them with a bee-u-ti-ful fabric. I also did a craft project with empty milk containers, pumpkin faces and white Christmas lights. You could say I was on fire! Not sure what I’m going to do this time, but I’m definitely excited!

• Jen says

I have those chairs and can’t decide how to paint them. I would love to see what you did with them!

3. Sara Rogers says

I will totally play along, I have already made a few things from Pinterest! Sherry I love your jacket! Especially the back! Where is it from if you don’t mind?

4. Meagan says

and now I will be spending the day searching pinterest for the perfect project. maybe I can do something to use up the coffee filters I bought for the last pinterest challenge.

Yay for the Pinterest Challenge! I already had plans to get started on making an upholstered headboard this weekend, so this is the perfect incentive to actually complete the project this week.

6. Brandi @ His Shabby Her Chic says

I am so excited! I have so many pins and things I’ve just never gotten to. How am I going to pick?!?

Yay! I already have two of the things on my “to recreate” board ( the works!

I definitely have one complete I can post next week (and I was planning on doing it anyway – so this is great timing!). Let’s just say it’s not anthropologie inspired, but it has anthropologie in it.

Also – my last pinterest challenge has so far tanked – my crocheted rug. Me thinks since snow is in the forecast it will pick back up soon. It’s super hard! I think it will end up being a small rug for our guest room now so your feetsies aren’t cold when you step on the wood floor!

8. Tabitha says

I’ve requested in invite to pintrest 10million times, yet I never recieve anything in my e-mail! I can’t get on that site… what should I do?! It’s killllliiinnng me!

What a fun idea!

I repinned the playdough recipe from your page and made it yesterday! My first Pinterest creation! (kind of lame, considering all the other awesome things on that site. HAHA)