Sneaky Little Petersiks

S’prise. We’ve been on the road for the past five days and just got home last night at 7pm after a nine hour drive. Did we unpack or snuggle up to Karl the Sectional after our home sweet home arrival? Nah, we threw this post together. Just your typical case of “unpacking procrastination” at its finest. Actually I’m just dying to fill you guys in on our adventures, and typical annoyingly energetic gal that I am, I’m too excited to relax. Anyway, we headed out early Thursday morning for Charlotte, NC and stayed there through Saturday morning. Then it was off to Loganville, GA where we remained until early Monday morning when we hit the road for home. Thank goodness Clara and Burger are car-loving fools kids. What did we do? Here’s just the tip of the road trip iceberg:

First we visited with our stylish friend Kristin (and her hubby Matt and her pooches Sage and Simon) in Charlotte. You guys might be familiar with them from this House Crashing post. Here’s one of our favorite shots of her kitchen nook from a few years back:

And here’s that nook now (still just as cute, but there’s a baby in a booster seat- and it’s ours):

We also house crashed two sa-weet homes while in Charlotte, like this one (sigh)…

… and this one (delightful shudder)…

… and even the coolest little office (fans face with hands):

I also got some really great fabric at one of my favorite gigantic warehouses (Mary Jo’s right outside of Charlotte):

Then it was off to Loganville, Georgia to hang with my blog (and real life) BFF Katie B. (and her hubby Jeremy along with her cutie pie little man Will, who was born just five weeks before Clara). It was nice to give our betrothed children some getting-to-know-you time (since Katie and I were pregnant together it was fun to see our buns out of the oven and being social):

Aside from playing Minute to Win It games all night with Katie and Jeremy once the babes were off in dreamland (yeah, we’re that cool, and Katie was the only one to get a cookie from her forehead into her mouth within the allotted time), we also carved out a moment to saddle up to Goodwill and pick out a ton of things that we loved. Or would love with some upgrades like paint, fabric, etc. We even had a chance to check out Stone Mountain Park, where the kiddos ran around and we stared into each others eyes while the men did manly things like talk about sports. To cap off that field trip we took a tram to the top of the mountain, which was life-alteringly scary but also fun (in that what-doesn’t-kill-you-makes-you-giddy kind of way).

Oh and Katie and I got this “Friends” photostrip that makes us snort (it might be a you-had-to-be-there thing though):

And here’s a gratuitous bean picture that Katie took. Doesn’t Clara look like an angel? Ah, to have mad photog skillz like Katie. This is total inspiration for me and J to get to know our Nikon half as well as she knows her Canon (before Clara hits her teenage years and bans us from taking a million photos a day of her).

On the way back from the Bower residence we got to stop in at one of my favorite places in the world (the Pottery Barn Outlet in Gaffney, SC) – not only for the deals but for the peach that looks like a butt that’s high in the sky near that exit (as seen in this old road trip video where my hair is down). More on what I would not leave the PB Outlet without (for under $30) soon.

Actually when it comes to the details on everything pictured (and not pictured) there are many, and they are coming. So stay tuned for those house crashing posts, a rundown of the fabric that we loved (and bought) at Mary Jo’s, more on our adventures with the Bowers, an in-depth look at our Goodwill hunting trip, and a whole lot of other stuff that my was-in-the-car-all-day-yesterday mind is forgetting. We only have about five million photos to sift through, but we’ll try to make it quick. Did anyone else sneak off for a road trip this weekend? It was a hot one (over 100 degrees almost every day). Whew. Anyway, off to sort through all of those pics. Inside with the air on.

Psst- After a bunch of requests for a breakdown of what products (shampoo, cream, sunscreen) that we use for Clara (and how we store it all) we’re spilling the beans right here on BabyCenter.

Comments

ooohhh Can’t wait to see what you got and what you’ll make! Funny since we’re from NC and just last weekend drove through Richmond and around south Richmond near (your?) Target. I was all ‘I wonder if we’ll bump into YHL’, but turns out you were in our hometown! Also ps. she does look like an angel!

Looks like you all had so much fun! I so wish we had a Pottery Barn outlet and a fabric store like that near my house. We are sneaking off on a road trip to South Carolina next weekend for my mom’s wedding. Can’t wait!

3. Janke says

Oh, I’m SO looking forward to your post of visiting the Bowers!! My two favorite blogs combined in one. Are you done writing yet? ;o)

4. Kelly D says

Funny when blog world clashes with real life – I had to reread the “off to Loganville” 3x to make sure I was reading right cuz that’s my town! (Big smiles) Hope Katie took you to the biggest antique mall ever in the Monroe Cotton Mill (next town over). And yes sorry the weather was bad for your trip…couldnt be outside for more than 10 minutes without taking an air condition break :) Can’t wait to hear more about your adventures!

Hah, we must have passed each other on the highway — I live in Charlotte (butt up against Lake Wylie) and took a trip closer to your hood this weekend — Northern VA actually. Can’t wait to see what you guys got at Mary Jo’s – that place rocks! In the sense that I always leave a little cross-eyed. Hah.

6. Liz says

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I grew up in Loganville, GA so I hope you enjoyed it!

7. Jill says

It is so hard to tear my eyes away from that photo of Clara! Amazing. I went to the Crate and Barrel Outlet (in Alexandria, VA) over the weekend – so awesome in so many ways, but I can’t go there often because I always end up buying something (even if it’s something small and an amazing deal)!

Peach butt…ahahaha, that thing confused me so back in the day. I grew up in Maine and went to college in SC. I always knew GA was known for peaches and could never understand how we “drove thru GA” to get to SC from ME. Living down here (now in Charlotte) for years now, I came to realize that was Gaffney, not GA. Clearly I was not a geography wiz!!! I heart Mary Jo’s…can’t wait to see what you discovered there.

9. JMB says

Too funny…I read Katie’s blog post before yours this morning and after reading about her rug deal had to scout out the nearest PB outlet…sadly about 4 hours away :o( Looking forward to more posts about your trip…soon right?

10. Sarah says

Oh my word! I was at Mary Jo’s and Ikea in Charlotte on Saturday! So sad I didn’t run into you! Mary Jo’s is soooo overwhelming, but I got some awesome stuff, too! yay!

Shut the front door! I’ve mentioned to Katie that we need to do a blogger meet up out in Gwinnett County (her old home was near my parents!)… if only I knew the Petersiks were in town!!! Glad ya’ll had fun!

• Rachel says

I would love that!! My husband’s family lives in Loganville, and we are up there all the time. We are in middle GA which is not exactly a design/decor mecca nor home of many decor blogs…

But I wouldn’t mind coming to Athens either, Michelle! I don’t have a design blog myself, but I read a bunch including yours and the Bowers. :)

I love Mary Jo’s- I wouldn’t have discovered it if it wasn’t for you! Next I’ll have to check out PB Outlet- good thing it’s 3 1/2 hours away or I’d want to take home the whole store!