Hanging With Nate Dog

This post might be filed under the annoying “teaser” category but we can’t tell you anything other than to cryptically announce that you might want to watch The Nate Show next Monday (the 25th) or DVR it if you’re fancy like that because… we’re going to be on it!!!

It’s a syndicated show, so we don’t know what channel or time it’s on in your area (in fact it doesn’t even air in Richmond, which is the bane of our existence) but if you hit up thenateshow.com you can use their station finder feature for more info. We’ve always been huge fans of Nate and his work (check out this post and this post of yore all about his mad skillz). So we can’t wait to check out Monday’s episode (and unzip our lips about it after it airs).

Whirlwind doesn’t even begin to describe it. They called us on a Wednesday, flew us out on a Thursday, and we were rehearsing and taping bright and early on a Friday. Oh and Mrs. Limestone was there too- it was really fun to meet her and her hubs in the flesh!

By 1pm that day we were back on a plane for home (landing just in time for the arrival of The Bowers). It felt kind of like a dream since we were gone for less than 24 hours. We promise more info as soon as we’re permitted to spill the beans. Until then I’ll leave you with this picture of Nate’s iconic designer hair…

… just because I’m weird like that.

Comments

1. Julie says

So exciting!!!! I also saw three pictures of your house in the latest issue of the nest magazine.

2. Sarah says

Exciting!!!!! I can’t believe you guys can keep this a secret for so long!! Can you at least tell us how Clara and Burger did?? I assume they tagged along as well?

Hey Sarah,

Clara did tag along and was awesome (more on that later). Burger manned the fort back at home since we were gone less than 24 hours (and my sister stopped in to care for him like when we were in the hospital with Clara). Thanks for asking!

-John

HOORAY! This is totally my new fave show, and my fave DIY bloggers are going to be on! For those in the Philadelphia metro area….I’ll save you the extra step of looking it up! It’s on NBC 10 at 2:00pm. Can’t wait for Monday!

4. Kate says

Wowww! Congrats you guys! I hope we get some inside details on meeting Nate! I seriously swoon everytime I catch him on tv. :)

5. Snickrsnack Katie says

Weird, I never even knew about KPRC This TV (which is my Comcast Channel 320, apparently)! Nor did I know of Nate Berkus. But I will be setting my DVR when I get home! Woohoot!

6. Ashley says

Wow…you two are so funny/phenomenal! How did you ever keep that a secret? I would have been entirely too pumped to keep it to myself.

Also I was just thinking that somewhere deep down inside Sherry you wanted to be a rapper! :) You have quite a repertoire (Nate Dog, Montell Williams, Missy Elliott) that you’re able to whip out at a moments notice. I think you all should consider DIY-ing a studio in the basement of the next Casa Petersik!

7. Snickrsnack Katie says

OMG, I just watched the Sally Field interview on Nate’s page – and I am laughing my butt off! The way she described Jamie Lee Curtis was hysterical! I think Sally needs her own show.

8. Natalie says

I had a feeling something was going on, as I saw this exact same picture on Ms. Limestone’s site this morning, which is weird, because yours is the only one I really “follow” I was just clicking around killing time and ended up on her site, and thought- wow- all these bloggers much know each other somehow…

and then here’s the same picture!!

I get Nate’s show, I already set my DVR, and told my husband… “my peeps are going to be on Nate on the 25th!!! woot woot…” if only he understood my giddiness!! :)

you guys rock!
    cheers,
    ~nat

9. Alison says

OMG!!! So exciting!! If you guys taped on Friday, Oct 8th I am totally going to kick myself! I had tickets but ended up giving them up. Congrats on this, I love Nate!

10. Emily says

Oh wow! The only two blogs I am addicted to are yours and Brooklyn Limestone! How cool! Congrats to you guys.

11. jbhat says

This means that you are one degree of separation from Oprah herself. Or is it two? And she knows the PRESIDENT. OMG. You are two degrees from Obama! Or is it three? Eithe way, so thrilling!

jbhat