****This giveaway is no longer accepting entries***
Having now been a father for one whole month (Happy 1- month birthday, Clara!) I’m totally psyched for this Sunday: my first Father’s Day. Another reason I’m psyched? Because our friends at Lowe’s have offered to help us celebrate Daddy Day with a handy gift guide mood board along with a totally testosterone-ready prize. So if you’re still scratching you head about what to get ol’ pops, here are a few ideas to get you started. And if you’re our lucky winner, you might just be covered entirely (for the next few years even):
- What’s Father’s Day without tools? Kobalt 22 Piece Set ($50) is a great starter set if your guy happens to be tool-less. It covers all the basics, plus dad gets a tool bag to keep it all organized.
- If dad’s covered in the tool department, help him step it up a notch with a Kobalt 60 Piece Driver Set ($54) that has a bit for just about any job you can think of and then some.
- Now if you really want to splurge on pop this year (or your last name is Trump), pimp his workshop with a Kobalt 53” Tool Chest ($1798). It’s not your everyday tool storage space – it’s got a radio and mini fridge built in! Like woah.
- If tools aren’t his thing, help him tend to the yard with the Fiskars Momentum Reel Mower ($199) that we’re enjoying. It’s an eco-friendly way to mow, plus he’ll get a little extra workout in.
- Or hook him up with a Troy-Bilt String Trimmer ($100) to keep those edges in check. Bonus: he might just stop mowing over the flower beds.
- You can also send him on a power trip with the Porter Cable 4 Piece Combo Kit ($129) that’s got a cordless reciprocating saw, circular saw, drill and flashlight all powered by the same battery.
- But enough about gifts that put dad to work. What about letting him relax with a nice meal straight from the grill? This compact, but powerful 2-burner Char-Broil Urban Grill ($269) could do the trick.
- Lastly, if he’s like most guys and is just plain hard to shop for. You can never go wrong with a Lowe’s Gift Card, right?
If you read this morning’s post about my experience with the Fiskars Momentum mower, you already know that it’s part of this week’s prize.
What you don’t know is that this week’s winner is also gonna score #7 on our gift guide too. Yep, the Char-Broil Urban Grill is also making it’s way to one of you. That way you can spoil the dad in your life with a one-two punch of prizes (or split ‘em up if you got a few fathers to pamper this year). Okay, and we wouldn’t blame you if you just kept ‘em for yourself. Can’t beat nearly $500 in free stuff, right?
Now let’s get on to how you enter:
- PRIZE: The Char-Broil Urban Grill and Fiskars Momentum Reel Mower courtesy of Lowe’s, Char-Broil and Fiskars
- TO ENTER: Comment on this post with the words “HAPPY FATHER’S DAY _______!” (inserting the names of the dad(s) or father-like figures in your life) and…
- BONUS QUESTION: … why not share something you love about them or how you plan to celebrate, honor or remember them this weekend. Feel free to gush, get sappy, or just tell an embarrassing story that captures why he (or they) make your day.
- GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Wednesday, June 16th at 8pm EST
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: One
- PRIZE SHIPS: The 50 United States
- USUAL STUFF: One entry per e-mail address is permitted. The winner will be selected using random.org and announced on Thursday. Good luck!