****This giveaway is no longer accepting entries***
Having now been a father for one whole month (Happy 1- month birthday, Clara!) I’m totally psyched for this Sunday: my first Father’s Day. Another reason I’m psyched? Because our friends at Lowe’s have offered to help us celebrate Daddy Day with a handy gift guide mood board along with a totally testosterone-ready prize. So if you’re still scratching you head about what to get ol’ pops, here are a few ideas to get you started. And if you’re our lucky winner, you might just be covered entirely (for the next few years even):
- What’s Father’s Day without tools? Kobalt 22 Piece Set ($50) is a great starter set if your guy happens to be tool-less. It covers all the basics, plus dad gets a tool bag to keep it all organized.
- If dad’s covered in the tool department, help him step it up a notch with a Kobalt 60 Piece Driver Set ($54) that has a bit for just about any job you can think of and then some.
- Now if you really want to splurge on pop this year, upgrade his workshop with a Kobalt 53” Tool Chest ($1798). It’s not your everyday tool storage space – it’s got a radio and mini fridge built in! Like woah.
- If tools aren’t his thing, help him tend to the yard with the Fiskars Momentum Reel Mower ($199) that we’re enjoying. It’s an eco-friendly way to mow, plus he’ll get a little extra workout in.
- Or hook him up with a Troy-Bilt String Trimmer ($100) to keep those edges in check. Bonus: he might just stop mowing over the flower beds.
- You can also send him on a power trip with the Porter Cable 4 Piece Combo Kit ($129) that’s got a cordless reciprocating saw, circular saw, drill and flashlight all powered by the same battery.
- But enough about gifts that put dad to work. What about letting him relax with a nice meal straight from the grill? This compact, but powerful 2-burner Char-Broil Urban Grill ($269) could do the trick.
- Lastly, if he’s like most guys and is just plain hard to shop for. You can never go wrong with a Lowe’s Gift Card, right?
If you read this morning’s post about my experience with the Fiskars Momentum mower, you already know that it’s part of this week’s prize.
What you don’t know is that this week’s winner is also gonna score #7 on our gift guide too. Yep, the Char-Broil Urban Grill is also making it’s way to one of you. That way you can spoil the dad in your life with a one-two punch of prizes (or split ’em up if you got a few fathers to pamper this year). Okay, and we wouldn’t blame you if you just kept ’em for yourself. Can’t beat nearly $500 in free stuff, right?
Now let’s get on to how you enter:
- PRIZE: The Char-Broil Urban Grill and Fiskars Momentum Reel Mower courtesy of Lowe’s, Char-Broil and Fiskars
- TO ENTER: Comment on this post with the words “HAPPY FATHER’S DAY _______!” (inserting the names of the dad(s) or father-like figures in your life) and…
- BONUS QUESTION: … why not share something you love about them or how you plan to celebrate, honor or remember them this weekend. Feel free to gush, get sappy, or just tell an embarrassing story that captures why he (or they) make your day.
- GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Wednesday, June 16th at 8pm EST
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: One
- PRIZE SHIPS: The 50 United States
- USUAL STUFF: One entry per e-mail address is permitted. The winner will be selected using random.org and announced on Thursday. Good luck!
Find more freebie info on our Giveaway FAQs page. Pics courtesy of Lowe’s.
Amy Wolff says
“Happy Father’s Day Stephen”
Addyson is so lucky to have Stephen as a father. He reminds me everyday why I married him. It is true when they say daddy’s little girl!
Lisa H says
Happy Father’s Day Mark…you’re a great dad to our girls!
Samantha Smith says
Happy Father’s Day to Eric!
Kelly Coleman says
Happy Father’s Day Brad. We are so lucky to call you dad and husband!
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY JOHN! My #1 and only dad…
We’re looking forward to spending a relaxing day at the lake house – our no-frills, all-chill relaxation hangout. the only thing that would rock more than winning this giveaway is beautiful weather on sunday!
Happy Father’s Day, Johnathan! You are such a great dad to our 3 kids!
Jenni F says
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY DAD!
Happy Father’s Day Mike
He is head over heels smitten with our little girl… :)
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!
To my husband and my Dad, both of whom are wonderful fathers.
mary beth says
Happy Father’s Day, Dave! You are the best!
Emily Geyer says
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY Kevin!
Though I certainly appreciate my own dad (a bunch!) and FIL and grand FIL, this pseudo-dad/friend is really on my mind! He has been a particularly helpful mentor to my husband as of late, and he is a huge encouragement to our family. Lots of love!
KELLY H says
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY MICHAEL!
Your girls adore you…
Happy Father’s Day, Charlie! Thanks for being such a great daddy to our little June Bug.
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY LARRY, LARRY, CHAD, RICK, AND NORBERT!!! All of these guys my dad, my brother-in-law, my hubby, my father-in-law love my son Cale to pieces and that makes them wonderful among many other things. =) And happy first Father’s Day to you John!!!
Happy Father’s Day, Jeff! We are “celebrating” the day by letting my dad help me move into a new house!
happy father’s day to MY dad, bob!
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY BILL!!!
You are an amazing father to our son and I feel so incredibly fortunate to be married to you. Billy is so lucky to have a father like you!
Happy Father’s Day Ernie and Frank!
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY ROY & KEN!
Happy Father’s Day to my dad. He is a solid rock and always helps me out no matter what I need.
Happy father’s day Dad! When I mentioned to my dad that I’m a total daddy’s girl (which is true), he assured me I wasn’t… turns out, I had to explain to him what exactly a daddy’s girl is, to which he responded that he’d enjoy entering into such a “special bond” with me. Typical!
Kristen Wax says
Happy Father’s Day Tom!! You’ve been a great Dad to me and I’m so lucky to have you in my life!
Happy Father’s Day Vinnie!
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY IRVIN! I love my Dad to the moon and back. He is the hardest working man I know. He taught me the value of being a good and honest person. He is just so amazing all around. We are planning a fathers day brunch at our new (and first) house.. a day full of wonderful family and great food.. can’t get better! :)
Happy Father’s Day Raymond!
Happy Father’s Day Ramesh
Happy (almost a )Father’s Day John! In 7 short weeks, you’re gonna make the best one!
Happy Father’s Day, Tom! I knew when I married you that you would someday be a great dad. I knew that.
But to see you in action with our nearly-one-year-old daughter just takes my breath away. The way she looks at you, it’s as though you hung the moon just for her. And who could blame her? What other grown man would turn on Beyonce and dance to and sing “All the Single Ladies” just to get a giggle from their baby girl?
Happy Fathers Day Ganesh!
Happy Father’s Day Rick.
Kristen Gee says
Happy Father’s Day Steve! (Our little man is due on Sept. 26)
Happy Father’s Day Jeff! Our boys are lucky to have such a goofy, silly, creative, fun daddy!
Happy Father’s Day to my wonderful husband Randy (and father to our 22 month old son Alex)!
Happy Father’s Day Appa.
Happy Father’s Day to Gary and Steve- my dad and husband’s dad. Couldn’t ask for a better father and father-in-law. Wish I could spend Father’s Day with them, but I’ll be out in the field doing research, 3,000 miles away :(
Annie P. says
Happy Father’s Day John!
Happy Father’s Day Dad! We’re goign to my parents house to celebrate my dad!
Happy Father’s Day, Jim! Thanks for passing on the car, football and gadget genes to me, even though I’m a girl. It’s much appreciated.
Happy Father’s Day, Rolf! He’s always available for advice or help for whatever needs fixing — our house, our car, our finances, whatever! And if he doesn’t know the answer to something, he won’t stop until he’s figured it out!
Mike D says
Happy Father’s Day Larry!
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY, SETH!
Happy Father’s Day Bob and Mike!!!
I can’t wait to go to the baseball game with you both this weekend.
Happy Father’s Day Angel!!!
You are an amazing father to Gabriela and Christian.
Georgette M says
Happy Father’s Day Jason – We are moving next week from a townhome with no yard to a house with a yard and the lawn mower would be the perfect gift.
Emily J. says
Happy Father’s Day, Daniel!!
Rebecca F says
Happy Father’s Day Ira! You are an amazing dad and have taught your children through example how live life with morals, kindness, and a sense of humor.
Teresa T. says
Happy Father’s Day Jeff. You are a fantastic husband to me and father to our two girls. You are always there no matter what. We know that WE are your priority in your life. You do guy stuff and can hang with the girls even if we go to the lavender farm and shop for re-used 1930-1950 sinks and stoves for our renovation of your parents house.
We have something planned for your day this week that we hope you will enjoy. Thank you for letting me talk to you about YHL like they are our friends and neighbors. They have such great things to share, and it all started because we want to paint the fireplace :).
Happy father’s day Joel!
Happy Father’s Day Chris! He is the most incredible man in my life and I love him more than life itself!
Happy Father’s Day, Dad!
You helped me see what I wanted in a husband, and I’m glad you really like the one I scored :)