Reader Redesign: The Forest Through The Trees

When Yansy sent us her amazing forest-inspired bedroom makeover we couldn’t wait to share the play by play. Here’s her letter:

I wanted to share with you my finished master bedroom since you were the inspiration behind the Forest Wall. I would love to know¬†what you both think of it. Of course I borrowed the idea from your old dining room chalk project. But instead of doing chalk and sealer I just used white chalk to trace the pattern on the wall and painted over it instead. I didn’t copy the pattern from anywhere (it’s something I came up with and that’s probably why it took me 5 hrs from start to finish). I would suggest that people use chalk first as opposed to going right to paint, that way they can make sure that they are happy with the end result (great idea guys!). After months of trying to come up with things to do in this room (and since the wallpapers I like cost a small fortune) I decided to create my own. I must say I’m very pleased with the way it turned out! Thanks for the inspiration! -Yansy

Here’s the room before the big makeover:

And here’s the same space after Yancy’s awesome DIY Forest Wall:

Isn’t that an amazingly lovely bedroom to retire to after a long day? Thanks so much for sending the gorgeous before and after photos our way Yansy! What do you guys think? Do you love how she created her own wallpaper of sorts for a fraction of the cost? Oh and don’t forget to drop in on her blog to learn more about her project from start to finish!

Comments

This is just downright kick-ass. I’ve been wanting to put my pencil to the wall, so to speak, but haven’t decided on a location to try out a free-hand mural. This inspires me to get crackin’!

And what a great, low-cost way to add visual intrest!

2. Amy says

Looks great!

I’m curious as to what color the walls are painted…I’ve been on the hunt for a blue and brown for our bedroom for months…and after a wallful of testers, no winner yet!

Hey Amy,

Good question! Feel free to pop on over to Yansy’s blog (see the link at the bottom of the post?) where she just might have that info for ya- and can certainly answer any and all questions. We’re sure she’ll stop in over here as well, but her awesome blog is definitely worth a visit (or 500!).

No WAY! That is just jaw-droppingly gorgeous. The before was nice, but this room is now just plain stunning. Thank you so much for sharing it! I am off to see more from her blog.

4. Jill Stigs says

Looks fantastic! Props to Yansy for doing such a great job.
    She must be so proud of the new room (not just that wonderful mural wall)!!

5. Cecelia says

Graphic wall pattern with that stripped rug is fantastic!

That CHAIR!, the lamps, and robin’s egg blue tray all give me goose pimples!

I’m not crazy about the design myself but it definitely adds pizazz to the room and I can appreciate the hard work that went into it. What I love though, is the chair! Gorgeous!