Reader Redesign: Tray Chic

When Roeshel sent over this adorable key-wrangling project, we couldn’t wait to share her brilliant creation. Everyone knows we’re crazy about organizing, right? Here’s her letter:

I’m a fan and wanted to share my latest little organization project because a lot of times, you’re my inspiration. I wanted a place specifically designated for my “you’d forget your head if it wasn’t attached” darling husband’s keys when he walks in the door. I found this cute snack tray at World Market and decided to give it a new impressive job title: Sargeant Key Keeper. I think it’s very happy, preventing rushing-out-the-door meltdowns by guarding the keys and of course I couldn’t help labeling each “dish” because it would be pretty rude of me if guests were to arrive and see what they might consider is an empty snack tray. How heartbreaking. Now…even guests have a special designated spot for their very own keys. – Roeshel

001

004

005

008

Isn’t that adorable? Now if only her hubby would remember to use it! Heck, I’ll drop by and help train him now that I know there’s a place for my keys too. So fun! To learn more about Roeshel’s fabulous project you can head on over to her blog. Thanks for doing your part to make the world a little more organized one snack tray at a time, Roeshel!

Wanna know how we stay organized? Check out a few of our favorite systems and a slew of other storage solutions that work for us.

Comments

1. Cary says

Wow, that is really cute! That is definitely something I would do but convincing my boyfriend to use it wouldn’t be easy!

2. Ashley T. says

I love this idea. I’ve been looking into what to do with our keys at the door because my husband keeps putting his stuff on the counter (which drives me crazy). I’d considered hanging hooks by the door but with the lightswitch and alarm it just looks odd. I need to run to WM now and see if I can’t find the same thing. Thanks for the great idea.

So cute! I wish I had an entry way where I could copy this idea.

More importantly, is that a leopard print key blank she used for her key? If so, I am definitely jealous and will be heading to Home Depot tonight to locate a leopard key blank to use for my own key.

4. Megan says

Um, she could seriously sell these on Etsy or something. I would buy a His and Hers key holder!

That is so darn cute! I use those sticker letters for scrapbooking, but I’ve never thought to use them on other things. Great idea…thanks for sharing! PS – The etsy comment above is a great idea!

These are awesome!!! I love all of Roeshel’s projects!! She has such great taste and vision.

Really good video this morning on arranging and hanging frames/art too! Thanks, guys:)

What a great surprise today!

Thanks everyone for your super kind comments! Training husband is hard work…he’s still losing keys on occasion but I’m not giving up – it’s for his own good and my sanity! I.made.this.and.he’s.going.to.use.it! haha Once I accomplish that, etsy key keepers with training tutorials WOULD be a hit! :)

(The leopard key blank came from WalMart.)

Thanks so much Sherry for sharing my project! I had completely forgotten about it and I was so pleasantly surprised when a friend told me she recognized my project.