Reader Redesign: A Mouthwatering Masterpiece

Rachel’s kitchen makeover is nothing short of amazing. Here’s her letter:

I love what you guys are doing at Young House Love – you are such an inspiration!  In fact, I combed through your blog for helpful hints before my husband and I tackled our first major renovation, the kitchen. We moved here to Richmond 3 years ago and purchased a 1920’s bungalow that needed a little TLC.  In February, we were down to one working burner on our stove, the refrigerator door was broken, the plaster walls were in bad shape, and the layout was just not working for us, so it was time for a serious update. Thanks for all the inspiration! -Rachel

3547832900_1fd452ac4e

3547029439_e95c14fc36

3547839830_e12e2a9e5e

3547836006_e0535e72bf

3547027777_c1bdd76386

Isn’t eventhing from the sliding barn door that hides the laundry room to those lovely shelves under the ceiling-mounted cabinets (very reminiscent of this amazing Cottage Living kitchen) just the bee’s knees? And of course you know we love a white kitchen and those white marble counters are nothing short of fabulous. To read more about Rachel’s fabulous kitchen makeover just head over to her lovely blog. Thanks so much for sending the yummy eye candy our way, Rachel! Deeeelicious.

Comments

1. Meaghan says

Rachel, you and your husband should be so proud of yourselves! you have done an absolutely AMAZING job! wow, thank you, THANK YOU for sharing! I really really love the sliding barn door, and the FLOORS! is that the tundra flooring from ikea? if not, it looks very similar and Super cool!

enjoy your masterpiece!

2. Lorraine says

Gorgeous! Love, love the barn door and the overall restrained elegance of this kitchen.

I believe the counters are marble, not granite? Beautiful.

wow this has to be my favorite redesign ever! if i were to redo a kitchen, this is exactly what i would want! it’s perfect!!! wonderful job guys!

4. Susan says

Looks Great!!! Please share the name of the counters….I love them! Granite or marble, and where did you get them??

5. Laura says

Wow I love absolutely everything about this kitchen! Rachel, you and your husband did an amazing job! Is that really granite on the countertops? – it looks just like marble. Stunning kitchen.

Wow. This is unbelievable! Had to finally comment because this is one of my favorite before/afters I’ve seen. Where are the knobs from on the kitchen cabinets and drawers? Love the subway tile too.

Wow, this is really wonderful. And looks like the exact same footprint as my kitchen (or rather, what I want to do to it) so know I know it will work in our house, too. Thanks for sharing!

• YoungHouseLove says

Hey guys,

So glad you’re loving Rachel’s fabulous kitchen makeover. We dropped her a line to let her know that her amazing redo has been featured, so she’ll hopefully be stopping by to answer all of your questions soon!