Reader Redesign: Nice Chest

When we saw the magic that Mindy worked on an old dresser we had to share the eye candy. Here’s her letter:

I love your website and eagerly look forward to reading it everyday. I just thought I would show you my dresser re-do! The hubs and I really needed a dresser but didn’t want to spend a lot. We like things that are solid and made really well. So, after finding this antique dresser on Craigslist I decided to fix it up. I took the handles off and filled the holes in, sanded the varnish off, primed it, then painted it with two coats of Behr’s “lime light.” Then I drilled the holes for the new knobs and lined it with contact paper. It was fun to do and I did almost everything in one afternoon (but left it to dry for 24 hours before putting the new knobs on). The dresser was $20, paint was $17, knobs were $19, contact paper was $5 which brings the total to around $60! Thanks for all your inspiration! -Mindy

Here’s the seen-better-days before:

img_3892

And the amazing after:

img_3937

img_3918

Anyone who knows us knows that we like a crisp new paint job. And anyone who knows us well knows that we’re actively drooling over this fabulous transformation. Mindy, it looks absolutely amazing! You did a lovely job and the fun contact paper is the icing on the DIY cake. Thanks so much for sending the deeeelicious pics our way.

 

  Comment

   

 

 

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment or subscribe to the feed and get future articles delivered to your feed reader.

62 Comments


1 2
1 2

Leave a Reply

Updated due to reader feedback: Respectful, constructive disagreement is welcome, but comments made to provoke others, be malicious, or distract from the purpose of this site will be removed.