Somebody’s Watching Me

Something about the knobs in our kitchen make us feel like we’re being watched.

Maybe you don’t see it, but after staring at them for the last few weeks, they’re starting to look a little something like this to us:

My favorite is the pirate.

But something’s definitely going to have to be done sooner or later. We feel like we’re living in that crazy Geico commercial – only without the good fortune of a stack of money sitting nearby (with some techno music blaring in the background). Speaking of which, we highly recommend playing the Geico commercial below while looking at the picture above. It really enhances the whole experience.

Now we can’t eat breakfast without singing “Somebody’s watching meeeeeeee.”

Comments

1. Kristie says

Eeek! I *see* your point. Very eyeball-esque now that you mention it. Do you have a *vision* for the kitchen yet. Ha! (No charge for the bad puns). :)

It’s starting to take shape, but we’re still not ready to pull the trigger. We’re big believers in living with things a while and going over lots of potential options in your mind before jumping in and doing something major that you might regret. Things like wall color can so easily be changed, but kitchens and bathrooms are usually much bigger projects. So we’re happy to gain a little momentum before tackling the major stuff in there. Although brainstorming ideas is one of our favorite hobbies these days. You can never be too prepared!

2. Cara says

So… does this mean you will be painting those bare cabinets soon?! I think we’re all dying to see the kitchen makeover sooner, rather than later.

We have big plans for the kitchen, we just like to live with things for a bit before making huge changes, just to be sure we think them through. We would never want to be hasty and regret things down the road!

3. Laura says

My favorite is the dinosaur/loch ness monster.

I love the way you two think and I hope Clara turns out just as silly!

I am cracking up! That’s exactly what it looks like. I see a change of hardware post in the near future, because that’s pretty creepy!

Someday for sure! We have big plans for the kitchen, we just like to live with things for a bit before making huge changes, just to be sure we think them through.

5. ASHLEY S says

Your post reminded me of this commercial I saw a year or so ago… http://www.furrypuppet.com/blog/?p=223 and the fact that my creative husband actually wants to re-create one of these appliances makes me think we may be one day sending you one of the funniest/creepiest before and after photos of our kitchen!