Pillow Progress

We promised a post about the project that kept us busy yesterday, so we’ll be sharing that as soon as we can get the pics uploaded and sized (we had to wait until this morning to shoot afters in the daylight). Until then, here’s another pillow post (notice a theme lately?) that we’ve owed you for the past week.

We mentioned during our failed shower curtain attempt that our trip to HomeGoods wasn’t entirely fruitless. But we just realized we never elaborated about the, er, fruit. So here we go: we found this bold pair of greeny-gold pillows that practically screamed “I want to date your duvet.” So we introduced them:

They were just $24 for the pair (12 bucks a pop), and we thought they’d complement our bedding perfectly – especially with that subtle lattice pattern and the shiny fabric to add some texture and interest. And we like the idea of a white pillow in front of them for contrast, so we’re thinking we’ll try to hunt down something similar to the ruffled pillow in the West Elm picture below on the cheap from TJ Maxx or World Market instead. Or maybe we’ll just go crazy and pick up a bright randomly colored pillow (eggplant? navy?) and work it in with art and other accessories that’ll be introduced to the room as we go. For now our white Paris pillow above works as a placeholder of sorts. No rush.

We’re enjoying the extra dose of color among our formerly-all-white pillow collection on the new bed. And that “we” includes Clara (who likes to play hide and seek behind them)…

…and her big brother (who likes to go crazy in general, on and around them). Watch his antics on Vimeo below or over here on YouTube:

Ah dogs and pillows. Gotta love them.

Beefier post to come when we’re done uploading and sizing pics!

Comments

Love the colour, texture and the baby!

Talking of uploading photos, the eye-fi card my boyfriend bought me for christmas finally arrived yesterday (long story) and I love it. It’s so magical and almost spooky the way the pictures turn up on your screen! And I’d never have known about if it wasn’t for you guys, so thank you.

2. Rebekah says

I do not like the goldy yellow pillows at all! Way too poop colored for me. :(
    But I can’t wait to see how the whole rooms comes together, because right now it looks like so many different, strange colors.
    You guys do have the cutest little girl though — great photo!

Perfect match with those pillows! I think I have the same ones in a more aqua color (got them at HomeGoods). The white ruffles are definitely cool, but I’m digging your gut feeling on the eggplant! You have that dark purple in your overall house color scheme too.

4. Kim says

I realize that you guys are probably playing around with ideas for a new and larger media console and aren’t yet committed to any certain one, but do you have any suggestions for specific pieces or sites to check for not-so-bulky and more vertical pieces? I have been checking Overstock, JCPenney, Macy’s, C&B, West Elm, Ikea, etc. and it is hard to find anything that isn’t a) pretty expensive or b) pretty cheapy looking. We would love to have something that doesn’t scream, “HEY, LOOK AT THE TV!” and instead incorporates shelves for pictures, books, plants, etc. (so the TV “blends” in a bit more). Have you seen anything cool lately? Thanks for your thoughts!

5. Vonda says

SO, you all have been doing a lot of shopping lately. How do you do it? Do you gather a list and go out once in a while, or do you take little trips daily just to not feel too housebound?

Hey Vonda,

We actually swung through HomeGoods in search of a mirror for above the sink a few weeks ago and didn’t find one that we liked but that’s when we picked up the shower curtain that we linked to in this post. When that didn’t work we just went back to return it and that’s when we came across these pillows! And as for the Target pillows, we were just there doing some regular shopping (for laundry detergent and toothpaste) when we waltzed through the pillow section and those babies caught our eye. So I guess it’s safe to say that we’re “open to things” and we do our fair share of browsing while we’re in a store for another purpose, but we don’t specifically go out shopping for pillows, at least in those two scenarios. We have just learned that if we come across something that we like we should probably buy it (assuming we can afford it and have a need and a spot for it, etc) since we don’t want to kick ourselves if it’s gone later when we come back for it. We definitely try to get out of the house every day for a walk and run errands every few days or so, just so we don’t feel housebound. But to save gas and feel efficient we definitely don’t drop in on different stores every day or anything like that. Hope it helps!

I love those pillows! I have the same duvet and have also been looking around for some good accent pillows – it’s amazing that you found some that match the gold/green tone perfectly. And thank you for using Clara for scale – they’re bigger than I first thought!