Reader Redesign: On Pins & Needles

Jenna whipped up a cute mini makeover with a $10 corkboard and some cheap patterned fabric. Here’s her letter:

Like everyone else that writes in, I LOVE the blog! I’ve gotten a ton of project ideas from you guys (and the Reader Redesigns that you feature) so I thought I’d send mine in! My husband and I have been trying to add some pops of green into our blue/beige/espresso living room and when I needed new fabric to cover some patio cushions, I saw my opportunity at the fabric store. We bought this mail sorter/key holder/cork board on clearance from Kohl’s for about $10 but the cork just wasn’t doing it for us. $1 worth of fabric, some ribbon, and some craft spray adhesive later and it was customized (here’s the online tutorial I used for the project). It took me less than an hour and was a great way to freshen the room for very little $$! -Jenna

project-1-before_1

project-1-after_1

Isn’t that adorable?! We love the patterned fabric and the ribbon trim detail. And of course the cost of this miraculous mini makeover isn’t too shabby either. Thanks so much for sending the pictures our way Jenna. Long live inexpensive upgrades!

Comments

1. LauraC says

That is FABULOUS! I just bought fabric and corkboard last week to make my own bulletin board (trying to finish our office!) and this will really help me pull everything together. Thanks!

2. Ashley says

Wow! I love it. On to google shopping to find a cheap cork board of my own to cover in delicious fabric!

Very cute! I don’t really like the cork color either so this is a great solution. I think it would be fun if she used red or pink fabric to make little flowers to glue to the top of the push-pins.

4. Holly says

This is awesome, I love it! Gives me the idea to buy some corkboard and line the back of my desk and cover it in fabric…. :)

Wow! This looks great! I may have to “steal” this idea!

PS – I have a GIVEAWAY on my blog today for candles if you guys want to get in on the action!

dcrowhouse.blogspot.com

I have that same little mail center in our kitchen, but I spray painted it black to match our fixtures in there. I love it, helps me keep all of our bills in one place, they always get lost in the office!

Love this cute idea! It is amazing what a little time and creativity energy can do! Also letting everyone know I have a room makeover challenge going on over at my blog and would like as many people as possible to participate, to make it fun and interesting the limit is $200.00 for the room. Anyone interested come check it out.

Hi Sherry and John – I’m a regular reader of your blog and I was so excited when I clicked on your latest post and found someone who actually used my fabric-covered corkboard tutorial! I’m glad that I am not the only person who found it useful. ;)

That is a great way to dress it up! And what a great find on the bulletin board. SUper cute! Well done Colleen!