Reader Redesign: She’s Got Game

Kate’s playroom makeover is nothing short of a miracle! Here’s her letter:

You two are the best, and I read your blog everyday. I just redid the bonus room in our house and wanted to pass it along. Thanks for being such an inspiration! -Grateful, Kate

Here’s the chaotic and cluttered before:

playroom-before-and-after

And the amazingly organized after:

gameroomfinalmap-on-the-wall

artorganized5

southwallletters-on-the-wall

Can you believe that gorgeous oversized map on the wall (trimmed out of course)? And those cute orange letters above the window (spray painted by Kate herself!)? We love all the creative DIY touches that make the room so personal and memorable, and we have a feeling you guys are gonna love it too. To learn more about the makeover, you can pop in on Kate’s cute blog. Long live affordable DIY deliciousness!

Comments

1. Kim says

Wow, that’s impressive. I can’t wait to check out Kate’s blog. Thanks for sharing it!

Ooooh, nice :) That room just seems to invite you, “Come play a game and enjoy time together!”. My favorite part is the two chairs with the pedestal table between. Chess, baby ;)

With the floor pillows and those two chairs available to bring around the generous coffee table, that room is perfect for Kate and her hubby to play cards or board games with their *own* friends, and still great for kiddie games, too. I love it when children’s things are mixed into the family instead of hidden away in other spaces – this room is a room for everyone :)

Great job, Kate!!!

XO,
    Jacci

• YoungHouseLove says

Congrats on the Project Showcase win, Kate! And thanks so much for the map info. It really is a stunner!

I love the map! I’ve always wanted to frame a map in my living room – I had NO idea you could get them this large.

4. Lisa says

I think I am going to steal this whole room! Our bonus room used to have a wall of various maps — but when kids came along they started tearing them off. I love the idea of the big map! The whole room looks great!

5. courtneyg says

Oh no! What happened to the list of favorite blogs?! Instead of saving them to my computer, I would just come here & click through them to read! Here’s hoping you bring this feature back!

• YoungHouseLove says

Hey Courtney G,

We were having some blog issues yesterday so we were forced to take down our Link Love section for the time being. We’re working through it and hope to have it back up asap!

xoxo,