***This giveaways has reached it’s cap of 10,000 and is now closed – see who won below!***
Wow, you guys really have an appetite for great pieces! After less than 24 hours of giveaway madness, we have crowned our random winner as… joyfulcanary (whose favorite piece is a tie between her $30 thrift store China cabinet and her great grandmother’s Hoosier Cabinet). Congrats on your big win!
You don’t typically think of chemistry students writing home design books, but then we learned one of Sherry’s brother’s old classmates at Columbia wrote “Good Bones, Great Pieces” with her mother. It’s a beautiful book about how to combine seven essential elements, er, pieces of furniture in any room for a stunning result – and they’ve got a blog with even more eye candy too.
So not only are Suzanne and Lauren McGrath giving away a copy of their book this week, they’re also hooking up one of you with over $3,000 worth of furniture and bedding (!!!) so that you’ll be right on your way to achieving some of the looks shown above. Here are some of the “great pieces” you’ll be scoring:
The Hazel Settee from Jayson Home & Garden ($1,995)
The Navy Shop Chest from CB2 ($399)
- A rectangular Atoll Mirror from Ballard Designs ($199)
The Cadman Chair from Pier 1 Imports ($199)
A Queen-sized Light Indigo coverlet from John Robshaw ($420)
- The Hydrangea Dec Pillow also from John Robshaw ($155)
- PRIZE: A copy of Good Bones, Great Pieces plus over $3,300 worth of furniture as described above.
- TO ENTER: Comment on this post with the words “FURNISH ME!” and tell us…
- BONUS QUESTION: … what you consider to be the “greatest piece” you currently own. Did you splurge on a killer dresser once upon a time? Or maybe you inherited a vintage demilune table? Perhaps you happened upon the perfect bench at a yard sale one weekend?
- GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Wednesday, July 18th at 8pm EST or at 10,000 entries (whichever comes first)
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: One
- PRIZE SHIPS: The United States (although we do try to wrangle as many international giveaways as possible)
- USUAL STUFF: One entry per e-mail address is permitted. The winner will be selected using random.org and announced on Thursday as an update to this post. That’s right, come right back here on Thursday for the announcement of our winner. Good luck…
Note: We aren’t paid or perked for hosting these giveaways, we just do ‘em to thank you awesome folks for stopping in. See our Giveaway FAQ page for more info. Pics courtesy of Good Bones, Great Pieces.
Updated due to reader feedback: Respectful, constructive disagreement is welcome, but comments made to provoke others, be malicious, or distract from the purpose of this site will be removed.