Reader Redesign: Cottage Charm

When Sarah sent over her dramatic sitting room makeover we couldn’t wait to share it. Here’s her letter:

I gotta tell you I was in a makeover blip with our old cottage here Down Under but you’ve given me back my zing! Here’s our transformation of the worst sitting room eva! We snapped the before photos of this delightful room at the open house when we bought our beach cottage a year ago, complete with wall art and two tv’s. Now it’s a lot more cozy and current. To see more you can check out my blog. Keep up the good work. Here’s to DIY!  -Sarah in Australia

Here’s the crazy and cluttered before:

And the serene and soothing after:

Isn’t that a breath of fresh air? We love everything from the white on white palette with pops of tan and chocolate to the casual vibe that feels effortless and welcoming. Didn’t Sarah work miracles in a formerly chaotic and crazy space? Love it!

Comments

1. Lindsay says

Oh, I love it! I admit I’m normally a colors girl (I heart my pumpkin orange dining room chairs, for instance), but that white on white looks REALLY pretty here. Well done!! :)

2. Michelle says

This is amazing and gorgeous! Took my breath away! Congratulations on an amazing transformation!

3. Roseanna says

Wow! This is gorgeous!

Sarah, what’s the story on that paint color? Such a refreshing color scheme!

4. Sandra says

Wow, vast improvement! I can’t believe the previous owners held an open house with the room looking like that! They should have hired Sarah to help them make over the place first!

5. Katie says

I would like to see a photo of the room that is in a similar angle of the original so I can get more of a feel of what they changed…

i like the wallcovering that was there in the before pic and think it would have even looked good with the colors/patterns/etc in the after pic!
    but still the after looks great! glad you got rid of those two ugly tvs and speakers on the wall!

7. Kari says

I hope Sarah has an Australian accent because when I was reading her blog, I imagined her having one. Beautiful transformation!!