You Asked, We Answered: Part 1

As bloggers we answer plenty of questions (especially when they have to do with painting cabinets, upholstering headboards and hanging art). But we wanted to take some time out of this week’s blogiversary extravaganza to answer a different breed of question: the personal one. Taking a cue from some of our other favorite bloggers who opened themselves up to a little Q & A, we recently asked our readers on Facebook and Twitter to ask us anything, particularly things not about home improvement or the blog.

We ended up with some familiar queries (“will you two just have a baby already?” “have you been approached for a TV show?”) and some unexpected ones too (“do you ever swear?” “who is the messy one?”). Needless to say, they all kept us chattering away. So check out the video clip below for Part 1 of Getting To Know The Real Petersiks (there were so many questions we broke ’em up into two videos, the next of which we’ll share next week) or catch it here on YouTube:

Did one of our answers spawn a new question? Or did you think of something else entirely that you just gotta ask? Leave your query as a comment and we just might end up filming a third installment someday. After all, we’re Chatty Cathys when you get us going…

Psst- Check out part two of this video right here.

Comments

Hilarious video. Love that you guys aren’t afraid to be yourselves on film!

My question… How do you chose the paint colors in each room. We just bought our first home and I have such a hard time picking a color with the right tone and not too dark/light, especially a neutral color. How do you get it right? Our master room has four patches of color that just don’t seem right, and I don’t know what to do!

2. Steph says

I’m half way through (iPhone YouTube crashed) & I keep thinking ‘really, someone asked THAT?!’ yet I’m going to watch it to the end because I’m utterly fascinated. You guys look so happy, it’s really brightening my day to watch this!

3. Chloe says

Such a cute video! I was so glad to hear you get spotted in Target because that means I’m not the only one on the lookout whenever I hit up Target in Richmond!

Just gotta say, this is my fav video so far. Really cute!

Also, I totally agree about the arguing. You only really fight with the people you love. And the mutual frustration but not with each other situation you described was so exactly my experience, and I’m sure most other couples too!

5. AlysonO says

Okay, you guys are so adorable – Sherry, you totally remind me of Rachel McAdams! My husband and I are newlyweds that just bought a fixer-upper of our own, and the name of our street is Richmond, so I feel like we’re kindred spirits lol! Thanks for the constant inspiration on the blog, I’m a total addict!

6. Sara B says

Thanks for the video guys, it was great to learn more about you. My follow up is: Is it every weird that so many people you don’t know know so much about you?
    I have a couple of blogs I follow, and after a long time reading blogs (esp ones that are less house centric, and more person centric) I almost feel like I am friends with the person. Then again, maybe thats because I work from home, and my daily blog updates have replaced catching up with co-workers. Do you guys have blogs that you regularly follow?

7. Renee says

If you ever do get a show, PLEASE have the opening sequence include the part where Sherry is going “bleepidy, bleepidy, bleep!!!” HILARIOUS!!!! That alone would draw viewers :)

8. NikKidd says

So cute! Agree with Meredith – your videos are definitely funny in a different way than your blog – and very entertaining!

To add to the questions (in case these haven’t been asked already in your second portion of the video):
    1. Is there any one item in your house that you two really don’t agree on? i.e. is there one item that if you had your “druthers” would be given away/redone/pitched but the other one really loves?
    2. If you didn’t have Burger/had never had Burger, what type of dog would you think would be your ideal dog?
    3. If you could move anywhere in the country other than where you live now, where would you go?