When the cabinets came out on Wednesday, we uncovered some buried treasure. Well, if you consider things stuck under 50-year old cabinets to be “buried” and tattered old papers to be “treasure.”
Here’s what we found:
- Coupon for 5¢ off 2 bars of Princess Dial soap (“the soap with moisturizing cream right in it”)
- Coupon for 12¢ off two cans of Campbell’s Soup for One (expires 4/30/81 – I was less than 7 months from birth!)
- Coupon for 15¢ off 2 packages of Soft-weve toilet paper
- A dentist appointment reminder card for Mrs. Floyd Pollay for April 28, 1971 at 2pm
- A Beginner Bible Story dated Nov 1958
- A Storytime pamphlet called “God’s Helpers” dated November 30, 1958
- A poison antidote chart copyrighted 1965
- A drawing by Lisa Pollay dated April 11th, 3:15
Click below to see the treasures larger. Any suggestions on what we should do with them?
Updated due to reader feedback: Respectful, constructive disagreement is welcome, but comments made to provoke others, be malicious, or distract from the purpose of this site will be removed.