We’ve returned from our Christmas in West Virginia just in time to grace you with the third and final part of our “Places We Used to Live” video series. This time it’s a new city (Richmond, VA) and a new arrangement (cohabitation). Ooh la la.
Our First Apartment Together in Richmond was a pretty cookie-cutter one-bedroom in a pretty cookie-cutter suburban apartment complex. That didn’t stop us from being over the moon about finally sharing a home together AND getting way more space for less than half of our combined rent in NYC.
Here are the goodies to watch for this time:
- The giddiness in Sherry’s voice as she excitedly points out certain “features”
- Our rag-tag collection of free / donated furniture (give us a break – we moved from NYC in a minivan)
- The high ceilings (the reason we opted for the 3rd floor)
- A much more fully stocked kitchen than in Sherry’s NYC apartment
- More album cover artwork thanks to the band OK Go
- Our DIY version of bird wall decals from blik (we cut birds out of blue manila folders and taped them to the wall).
Ok, we now promise to return our attention to the present day. Some fun posts to look forward to: gifts we gave each other, stuff we received from others, and items we scored during all those great post-holiday sales.
Way to rock the Ok G0 art! I was just telling a friend of mine about your blog today, and we both agreed that we would all rotate houses for dinner partying if we lived in the same town! I’m in Houston with my hubby, they’re outside of Detroit, you guys are in VA, and we’re all working on the same projects. God bless the 1950s ranch homes across the country and the youngsters who live in them! We dig your blog.
what happened to the cat?
Ha! Funny question – which confused us for a moment. The photo is just a stock photo from the web site that sells those birds, so it wasn’t ours. So what happened to the cat is a mystery to us!
I love that you guys posted this video! It gives me hope that my spartan apartment-living ways will some day leave me with the savings to move in to a great house like you have done :)
1) This apartment is actually super cute for a first legit-sized apartment!
2) Those slippers and the pillow totally ended up in your 2nd guest room!
These videos were cute!
Gabi M. says
Oh my goodness! This video is adorable :). How fun!