We’ve returned from our Christmas in West Virginia just in time to grace you with the third and final part of our “Places We Used to Live” video series. This time it’s a new city (Richmond, VA) and a new arrangement (cohabitation). Ooh la la.
Our First Apartment Together in Richmond was a pretty cookie-cutter one-bedroom in a pretty cookie-cutter suburban apartment complex. That didn’t stop us from being over the moon about finally sharing a home together AND getting way more space for less than half of our combined rent in NYC.
Here are the goodies to watch for this time:
- The giddiness in Sherry’s voice as she excitedly points out certain “features”
- Our rag-tag collection of free / donated furniture (give us a break – we moved from NYC in a minivan)
- The high ceilings (the reason we opted for the 3rd floor)
- A much more fully stocked kitchen than in Sherry’s NYC apartment
- More album cover artwork thanks to the band OK Go
- Our DIY version of bird wall decals from blik (we cut birds out of blue manila folders and taped them to the wall).
Ok, we now promise to return our attention to the present day. Some fun posts to look forward to: gifts we gave each other, stuff we received from others, and items we scored during all those great post-holiday sales.