Reader Redesign: Getting The Hang Of It

When Bethany sent over her simple yet oh so chic message board project we had to share the goods. Anyone can do this in an afternoon to add function and beauty to a kitchen, office, mudroom, or more. Here’s her letter:

Thank you so much for your upbeat positive attitudes and for all that you do to inspire creativity! I wanted to share a project that I completed a while back that was extremely simple, cheap and totally DIY. I think it’s a good fit for anyone who wants to feel more organized but doesn’t want to sacrifice style. I spray painted a garage sale picture frame and used leftover chalkboard paint to paint the glass insert of the frame with a few thick coats (then I waited a while before using it to be sure it was completely cured). You can check out more step by step instructions on my blog. Thanks again for the fun site! – Bethany

Isn’t that a sweet and simple little frame facelift? Especially because she used a garage sale frame and extra chalkboard paint that she already had laying around! Thanks so much for sending the fun before & after pictures our way Bethany! Your message makes an organizational freak like me grin from ear to ear. Full disclosure: my mouth is actually watering…

Comments

I love it! Easy, inspiring and stylish…looks like something that even I can tackle!! I have the perfect spot in my kitchen for something like this! Thanks for the great idea!!

My Hubby and I collect licence plates from every U.S. state we visit, and then I create a shadowbox around them, with photos and other mementos from the trip. We also take a goofy “theme” photo that captures the essence of the state!

I have been collecting shotglasses for several years now, but the hubby and I started the vacation postcard tradition after seeing it on your blog! You guys are such a great decor inspiration :)

I think this is great! I love visible lists… can’t avoid it when it’s staring back at you! And who wouldn’t want to make lists on this message board? So cute.

5. JC says

Ack! You’re doing it on purpose now! ANOTHER “oh so”?!?!

Really like the frame makeover though. Definitely an achievable project for even a non-crafty person like me.

I love smaller projects like this. It’s perfect! And I would not have thought to just paint the glass. I would have found a hardboard piece to go in the back. It’s so smart to just use what’s already there. Great job!

7. Bridget B. says

very cool and chic! i’m gonna have to find a way to incorporate this in one of my rooms.

8. Michelle says

Love this!!
    My sister just did this in her bedroom at our parents house with old picture frames and mirrors-minus the chalkboard paint- and it looks totally chic and vintage-y. keep up the good work!

9. Marine Corps Bride says

Love it, love it, love it!!! You could also put a light colored paper behind the glass and use whiteboard markers to write on the glass. I did this in a rental house that had a cheezy wall of tiled mirror. Great work and fabulous idea Bethany!