Well, you’ve found ’em: the show notes for Episode #2 of Young House Love Has A Podcast. On this week’s episode, designer and TV host Sabrina Soto opens up about what she loves, hates, and has cried over in her 9 years of making design television. Plus, we hear how motherhood has changed her style and what it’s really like behind the scenes of the Home Shopping Network. We’ll also share what’s new with us, play another rousing round of “What’s Not”, and shout out a surprisingly resilient plant that we use both inside and out.
- If you want to see the Craigslist dresser we had such an “adventure” getting home, there’s a before & after in this post about hiding your TV wires and here it is again in this final reveal of our bonus room.
- And here’s that old post about my harrowing hardwood floor trip that I mentioned, complete with fantastic stick figure illustrations.
- That’s Chloe the enjoyable beta fish, above.
- If you wanna see the various animals represented in this week’s paint color quiz, here’s Otter, Hamster, Beaver, and Chipmunk
- Here are all ten homes that made PBS’s 10 Homes That Changed America list.
- If you wanted to feast your ears on the country songs that we mentioned, here are those links. And let it be known that I played the David Frizzell one for Sherry, and in a surprise turn of events, she loved it.
- “Flushed From The Bathroom of My Heart” – Johnny Cash
- “I’m Gonna Hire A Wino To Decorate Our Home” – David Frizzell
- “Billy Broke My Heart At Walgreens (And I Cried All The Way To Sears)” – Ruby Wright
- “You Can’t Pull A U-Haul To Heaven” – Hobson Smith
- You can check out HGTV Magazine’s feature on Sabrina Soto’s home here online or in their June 2016 issue.
- Here are Sabrina Soto’s designs at Target and HSN. As Sherry mentioned, her faves are the anchor sheets and the pineapple bedding.
- And if you want to see Sabrina in action at HSN (she does nail it, by the way) you can view a clip here or just click any product and scroll to the “Live Presentation” thumbnail
- You can also drop in on Sabrina on her website, Instagram, & Facebook page
- You probably know what a those big outdoor fern looks like, but in case you wanted to see them “in action” this post shows some on our back deck (including a few that were festooned with flamingo balloons at the time).
- Here’s that Surprisingly Awesome podcast, which you can also download in whatever podcast app you’re using. The Mattresses episode is just a few weeks back (episode #12). The one on Pigeons (#9) and Adhesives (#7) were also especially fascinating.
Psst- Looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into? Well, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all past episodes.
*This page contains affiliate links