***This giveaway is no longer accepting entries***
When the folks from Two Paperdolls contacted us a couple of months ago about doing a giveaway (like they’d recently done on one of our favorite wedding sites) we knew it would be the perfect Wedding Week prize for you guys. Two Paperdolls – who are on the brink of launching a new e-commerce website with a whole new look – along with their sister site Louella Press are dishing out over $1000 worth of custom letterpress wedding (or party!) invitations. Amazing, eh? So all of you brides-to-be (or anyone else who just wants to throw a party) can cross one thing off of your to-do list.
If you don’t currently fall into the “engaged” category, go tell your nearest wife-to-be, mother-of-the-bride, or anyone else who is ready to give a killer engagement present about this fab little freebie. Or you yourself can use the prize for any other event or announcement that you’ve got around the corner (birthday party? baby shower? anniversary party? just-won-amazing-free-invitations party?). Louella Press designs gorgeous classic-yet-fresh invitation sets that are pretty much guaranteed to make an incredible first impression to any guest who is lucky enough to receive ‘em.
We’ve chosen a few of our favorites here, but be sure to click over to Louella’s site to browse the full collection. Just note that these images show engraved invitations (raised ink) but the winner will be receiving equally-beautiful letterpress invite sets (which each include an invitation, envelope, rsvp card, and rsvp envelope). And if your event or announcement doesn’t need the RSVP card and envelope, feel free to convert it to a thank you card and envelope instead. Oh, and you’ll all be receiving an exclusive YHL discount on Thursday so stay tuned…
Here are this week’s full details:
- PRIZE: 50 single-color letterpress invitation sets (including 50 invitations, envelopes, rsvp cards, and rsvp envelopes) on your choice of either fluorescent white or pearl 110 pound paper, courtesy of Two Paperdolls and Louella Press
- TO ENTER: Comment on this post with the words “INVITE ME!” and…
- BONUS QUESTION: … since we’re talking invitations and guest lists, tell us whether you prefer a large family-and-friend-filled wedding or a smaller more intimate event- or maybe even a destination wedding with just a handful of lucky travel companions.
- GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Our anniversary! (Wednesday, July 7th at 8pm EST)
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: One
- PRIZE SHIPS: To the United States of America
- USUAL STUFF: One entry per e-mail address is permitted. The winner will be selected using random.org and announced on Thursday. Good luck!
Yup, our third annual Wedding Week is upon us thanks to our upcoming anniversary this Wednesday. And it’s hard to believe that yet another year has flown by, especially since our DIY backyard wedding (held right here at Casa Petersik on 7.7.07) still feels like it was yesterday.
Of course most of you have already read all about our wedding by clicking that tab under our blog header, and we’ve used Wedding Week I and Wedding Week II to describe things like our courtship, our engagement, and our honeymoon in detail. We even divulged home related DIY projects, like how I dyed my wedding dress…
…and how we commemorated our nuptials with a shadow box filled with wedding paraphernalia. We also mentioned some fun anniversary traditions, like when we recreated the same meal that our guests enjoyed at our wedding for our first anniversary…
… and went out to eat at the restaurant where we had our rehearsal dinner for our second anniversary. In fact, here’s a quick and dirty rundown of all the wedding related posts that we’ve already covered:
- Here’s our big wedding page full of DIY details
- Here’s how I dyed my wedding dress so I can wear it again & again
- Here’s how we met, fell in love, and got hitched
- Here’s the story of John’s proposal
- Here’s the play by play of our Alaskan honeymoon (with Burger!)
- Here’s how we created our wedding shadow box
- Here’s how our wedding beverages were reimagined as hostess gifts
- Here’s our little anniversary tradition
- Here’s the place where we almost said “I do” (before switching to our backyard)
And since we’ve already touched on a whole lotta wedding-related stuff in these posts of yore, we’re doing our best to keep things exciting this time around. This week you can look forward to:
- A fun wedding-themed giveaway (that’s also for non-engaged & already-married folks)
- A post about how we solve decorating disagreements
- A romantic bedroom mood board for anyone who wants to feather their love nest
- A roundup of DIY home decor that we whipped up to commemorate special moments
- A post about the gifts we exchanged this year
- A post about how we expanded upon our anniversary tradition
Sure, it’s a little bit self-indulgent and some of the deets are a tad unrelated to home improvement, but we’d like to think that our relationship is an important part of what makes Young House Love tick. So we hope you’ll enjoy this week’s lovey-dovey detour with us (don’t worry, we’ll still be dishing out some of the usual home-related stuff too). As we like to say so often around these parts, stay tuned…