Here’s a little behind the scenes Friday bid-ness. Remember us saying how we recently debated how to best share our house hunting experience while still respecting the privacy of the sellers’ homes we were critiquing? And how we finally opted to share only a doctored image of the exterior, like this one below?
Well, we actually came to that solution only after this sad first attempt to disguise each home occurred:
I love my wife. And I think she’s very talented. Really. Especially with her cute drawings of our home’s floor plan and our lot (both of which came out really well). Which is why it wasn’t easy to look her in the eye and tell her that I didn’t think her crooked colored-pencil “interpretations” were, uh, the way to go.
Luckily for me, Sherry took one more look at them and cracked up. Then we turned to our trusty friend (you may know him as Photoshop) for the job. Oh and we used the Paint Daubs filter to work our blur magic. As for how it all went so terribly wrong, Sherry blames Danielle Staub (she was catching up on some Real Housewives reruns while getting her colored pencil on). That beeyotch ruins everything.
So that’s our little behind the scenes Friday outtake for you. Have any of you had to resort to Plan B after Plan A was an epic fail?
You guys know that we like to take a moment each month to thank our sponsors (you know, the people who help keep our site up and running… and make the other 40+ posts possible). But over the last two months we’ve been channeling Dwight Schrute from The Office (and listing things that we’re loving, like “bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica”). So instead of just doing a sponsor roll call, we’re giving you a snapshot of one thing that we’re digging from each of them (in a quick thumbnail & bullet breakdown). Call it getting a bit more personal if you will. And doing a little virtual window shopping, which you know we’re always up for.
Oh and at the very bottom of this post we’ve also collected all of the discounts they’re offering into one quick spot, so you can scroll down to save some moolah:
- Wintery wooden collectibles like trees, bears, and caribou (oh my!) from Paige Russell.
- Le Papier Studios‘s stunning collection of personalized silhouette gifts.
- Custom portraits from Limited Sketch as part of her month long “artist’s experiment.”
- Scrapbooking pro Ali Edward‘s annual holiday documenting project: December Daily
- The colorful work and charming story behind Painting Pony‘s equine-created art.
- The peaceful yet high end look of solid spa glass tiles from Design for Less.
- The array of fonts in WallQuotes‘ custom design tool. One’s called “Whackadoo” – ha!
- 2 words: Wet saw. 3 more words: The Tile Shop. 2 final words: Please Santa (Sherry)
- Graphic and bold drum shades spotted on Shades of Light‘s homepage. Amazing.
- This ceramic turkey from Z Gallerie that says Thanksgiving in Sherry’s language.
- This print from Vol. 25 that celebrates love, kitchen-style. Yum.
- Spotting items for nearly 50% off on BULX, like these bentwood dining chairs.
- Personalized whimsical canvasses like these bubble trees from Trendy Peas.
- Finding items to repurpose on Ruby Plaza (like this enamel pitcher = shabby chic vase)
- Letterpress holiday cards from Smock Paper. Eco-friendly, colorful, & full of cheer.
- Freshline‘s assortment of customizable monogrammed prints and pillows.
- The fact that Heart & Stone Jewelry is just as earth-friendly as it is beautiful.
- This graphic twist on the traditional portrait from Hoot Design Co.
- This necklace from Lisa Leonard Designs (because we call Clara “little lady”).
- The incredible array of options when designing your own Frame The Date.
- Cardboard Safari‘s new longhorn. Somewhere our Texan friend KK is rejoicing.
- My Design Guide‘s Stylefinder quiz (it’s a fun way to hone in on your design sense).
- Simplifying our next tile project thanks to Durock‘s Tile Membrane “Project In A Box”
- The nice surprise that Red Letter Words does holiday cards in addition to canvas art.
And now for the JUICY DISCOUNTS:
- WallQuotes.com: 15% off with the code YHL15
- The Tile Shop: 10% off when you use the code YHL10
- Paige Russell: 10% off your purchase with the code House Love
- Le Papier Studio: 15% off any purchase with the code YHL15OFF (thru Nov 20)
- Freshline: 10% off any orders with the code YHL10
- Heart & Stone Jewelry: 10% off your purchase with the code YHL10
- BULX: $20 off your first order with the code YHL