You guys know that we like to take a moment each month to thank our sponsors (you know, the people who help keep our site up and running… and make the other 40+ posts possible). But over the last two months we’ve been channeling Dwight Schrute from The Office (and listing things that we’re loving, like “bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica”). So instead of just doing a sponsor roll call, we’re giving you a snapshot of one thing that we’re digging from each of them (in a quick thumbnail & bullet breakdown). Call it getting a bit more personal if you will. And doing a little virtual window shopping, which you know we’re always up for.
Oh and at the very bottom of this post we’ve also collected all of the discounts they’re offering into one quick spot, so you can scroll down to save some moolah:
- Wintery wooden collectibles like trees, bears, and caribou (oh my!) from Paige Russell.
- Le Papier Studios‘s stunning collection of personalized silhouette gifts.
- Custom portraits from Limited Sketch as part of her month long “artist’s experiment.”
- Scrapbooking pro Ali Edward‘s annual holiday documenting project: December Daily
- The colorful work and charming story behind Painting Pony‘s equine-created art.
- The peaceful yet high end look of solid spa glass tiles from Design for Less.
- The array of fonts in WallQuotes‘ custom design tool. One’s called “Whackadoo” – ha!
- 2 words: Wet saw. 3 more words: The Tile Shop. 2 final words: Please Santa (Sherry)
- Graphic and bold drum shades spotted on Shades of Light‘s homepage. Amazing.
- This ceramic turkey from Z Gallerie that says Thanksgiving in Sherry’s language.
- This print from Vol. 25 that celebrates love, kitchen-style. Yum.
- Spotting items for nearly 50% off on BULX, like these bentwood dining chairs.
- Personalized whimsical canvasses like these bubble trees from Trendy Peas.
- Finding items to repurpose on Ruby Plaza (like this enamel pitcher = shabby chic vase)
- Letterpress holiday cards from Smock Paper. Eco-friendly, colorful, & full of cheer.
- Freshline‘s assortment of customizable monogrammed prints and pillows.
- The fact that Heart & Stone Jewelry is just as earth-friendly as it is beautiful.
- This graphic twist on the traditional portrait from Hoot Design Co.
- This necklace from Lisa Leonard Designs (because we call Clara “little lady”).
- The incredible array of options when designing your own Frame The Date.
- Cardboard Safari‘s new longhorn. Somewhere our Texan friend KK is rejoicing.
- My Design Guide‘s Stylefinder quiz (it’s a fun way to hone in on your design sense).
- Simplifying our next tile project thanks to Durock‘s Tile Membrane “Project In A Box”
- The nice surprise that Red Letter Words does holiday cards in addition to canvas art.
And now for the JUICY DISCOUNTS:
- WallQuotes.com: 15% off with the code YHL15
- The Tile Shop: 10% off when you use the code YHL10
- Paige Russell: 10% off your purchase with the code House Love
- Le Papier Studio: 15% off any purchase with the code YHL15OFF (thru Nov 20)
- Freshline: 10% off any orders with the code YHL10
- Heart & Stone Jewelry: 10% off your purchase with the code YHL10
- BULX: $20 off your first order with the code YHL
Some of you already noticed that after Friday’s new house news we made a little tagline switcheroo in our blog header. Since it no longer seemed accurate to describe our site as “two young people falling in love with their first house” (and “two young people making the emotional decision to leave their first house so that they can take on new projects and have more room to grow” seemed a bit long-winded) we opted for this new one:
It’s no “Got Milk?” but we like that it now incorporates Clara & Burger instead of sounding like it’s the John & Sherry show (let’s be honest, our kids are the real stars of this production). And you know I love a good math reference worked in there whenever possible. We just hope it sort of explains what the heck “Young House Love” means in the first place. Because admittedly it’s not the most self-explanatory website name in the world.