***This giveaway is no longer accepting entries – scroll down to see who won!***
Thanks to V-Day, we’re straying from our usual home improvement & decor related prizes in favor of some customized and sentimental jewelry from Lisa Leonard Designs. Lisa brings a certain DIY spirit to her necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and other body bling – hand cutting, polishing, and assembling each piece carefully for that “made with love” feeling. She actually helped us celebrate V-day last year by giving away $100 gift cards to two winners – and this year she’s raising the stakes and giving away THREE benjamins worth of her meaningful designs to three random lucky winners. Happy Valentine’s Day indeed.
- PRIZE: An $100 gift card towards any purchase at Lisa Leonard Designs.
- TO ENTER: Comment on this post with the words “HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!” and…
- BONUS QUESTION: … tell us how (and with whom) you’re celebrating today. Something romantic with your true love? A quiet evening in with a good book and some hot cocoa? A romantic night with your kitty or pooch? Feel free to comment with “Crappy Valentine’s Day!” and tell us why this holiday just ain’t your cup of tea if that’s the case.
- GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Wednesday, February 16th at 8pm EST
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: Three
- PRIZE SHIPS: Anywhere in the world!
- USUAL STUFF: One entry per e-mail address is permitted. The winners will be selected using random.org and announced on Thursday as an update to this post. That’s right, come right back here on Thursday morning for the announcement of our winner. Good luck…
Random.org has selected three people to dish out some bling to and they are… Megan (whose husband made her pizza for V-Day), Tera (who was spending the evening at a concert with her husband) and Kyle (who was doing dinner with her husband… after doing some laundry first). Congrats ladies!
It’s time for our monthly shout out to thank our sponsors for making the other 35+ posts possible and keeping food (and little candy hearts) on the table. And instead of just listing everyone, we like to pick something from each of them that makes us smile/drool/inspired/happy. Not that we’ve been gifted any of these things ourselves (see our no-swag policy here) but we did have fun trolling their sites on a virtual v-day shopping spree of sorts. Here are all of our lovey-dovey finds. And as usual, there’s a little something extra in it for you (you know we heart you guys) so scroll down for some pretty sweet reader discounts. Here’s what we’re loving:
- Whimsical items, like this carve-able wooden “cupid’s heart” postcard, from House 8810.
- Heady Bed‘s custom design tool (it’s a fun way to a one-of-a-kind upholstered headboard).
- The softer side of Cardboard Safari, which includes these heart-shaped gift boxes.
- The fact that WallQuotes lets you wear your heart on your, er, wall for a change.
- This love-filled “To Love You” canvas from Z Gallerie. So sweet.
- Design for Less‘ faux crocodile tiles made from recycled leather.
- Lots of modern rug options in fresh colors (like watermelon) from Shades of Light.
- Downloadable DIY guides from The Tile Shop like tile patterns. Hello herringbone.
- Lisa Leonard‘s love-inspired jewelry (she has more than cupid can shake an arrow at).
- A collection of V-day antiques, like this vintage postcard from Ruby Lane.
- Sister site Ruby Plaza‘s fun finds, like this pink hobnail plate from the 1930s.
- Lots of ways to customize pendants (and score spouse points) with Heart & Stone Jewelry.
- Customized newlywed pillows, like this ring bearer one, from Freshline Illustration.
- Frame The Date‘s tribute to another lovey occasion- your anniversary.
- Smock Paper‘s eco-friendly letterpress cards that bring style to your sentiments.
- Nursery-ready art from Trendy Peas that says all that really needs to be said.
- Ali Edwards‘ new hand drawn digital scrapbooking downloads that are ready for V-day.
- Real life home design consultations from real live designers via My Design Guide.
- The signature “Simply Baby” print from Hoot Design Co in girly pinks and oranges.
- Inspiring uses of stencils from Royal Design Studio (this one really has us smitten).
- The fact that CanvasRox goes beyond photo canvasses and even offers photo jewelry.
- Handmade items from Jenna Lou Designs to warm your heart – and neck.
- Helpful info from Networx‘s users and bloggers, like articles on DIY and color trends.
- Friendship and fun with the love of my life (that means you, Sherry – HAPPY V-DAY!)
And now for the JUICY DISCOUNTS:
- Shades of Light: 10% off using code YHL0215
- WallQuotes.com: 15% off with the code YHL15
- The Tile Shop: 10% off when you use the code YHL10
- Freshline: 10% off any orders with the code YHL10
- Heart & Stone Jewelry: 10% off your purchase with the code YHL10
- My Design Guide: 10% off your purchase with the code YHL10
- Royal Design Studio: 10% off stencils with code YHL10
- Jenna Lou Designs: 10% off your with code YHL10
- CanvasRox: 10% off your with code YHL10
- Frame The Date: 10% off your with code BEMINE