Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We’ve prepared these freshly baked and delicious show notes for you for Episode #25 of Young House Love Has A Podcast. On this week’s episode we’re getting festive. Christmas is around the corner, which means so is the fun (and the frenzied chaos) of the season. So we’re sharing how we decorating our house for the holidays – and the seasons in general. Plus, Sherry takes on a surprising decorating client, John lets go of the pursuit for the perfect family dinner, and we share a seemingly small feature in our kitchen that’s making a big impact. Also we talk about the invention of the broom. Prepare yourself to be riveted.
- Here’s a link to The New York Times blog post that John referenced: Where’s The Magic In Family Dinner?
- You can check out our new We’re Digging page to see what Sherry has sourced for her mom, plus a bunch of other stuff that’s catching our eyes these days.
- Wanna learn about Shakers and their inventions? Here’s the primary article I pulled from, mostly about Tabitha Babbitt and the invention of the circular saw. I also did a bit of Wikipedia-ing, so some of my facts rest on the general public.
- Also, here’s the difference between Mission and Shaker styles (spoiler: it’s subtle)
- Plus, the history of the broom!
- You can find all of our holiday decorating posts here, but below are a few highlights:
- Last year’s Christmas decor (this year will probably look pretty similar since we reuse stuff)
- Our outdoor Christmas decor
- A look back at our holiday makeover for a local Children’s Hospital
- How we store/pack away all of our holiday gear
- And here’s a look at our little bit of Easter decor: the “tree” we make in the foyer with branches & colorful eggs
- Below are some of the pull-down faucets we love, including ours and a few others we considered for our kitchen reno (along with a bridge faucet and an instant hot/cold water dispenser since we mentioned those too)
- And here are some of the smart home hubs I’m eyeing: the Google Home and Amazon Echo. I’d love your thoughts below!
Psst- Looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into? Well, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all of our past episodes.
Check out the full line of HANDy Paint Products (including liners!) on their website, or wherever you buy paint.
*This page contains affiliate links