**Psst- We know most Fridays we just post once, but every month on sponsor shout out day we double up. So we’ll be back in a few hours with a post about an inexpensive project that Sherry whipped up thanks to a pretty delicious “material.”
Happy Friday everyone! We’re kicking off the day with our monthly “thank you” to our sponsors, since they help make our other 30+ posts possible each month. And in honor of the start of the school year, we thought we’d highlight items that have an educational spin to them, even if they just remind us of some of our favorite – or most dreaded – subjects in school (none of ‘em have been given to us – here’s our no-swag policy). As always, you can find some great discounts at the bottom of the post, too!
- This lovely framed exhibit in entomology from the curated collection at My Art Habit.
- FotoBella‘s vast collection of scrapbooking items on all topics (including school themes).
- Admiring the technology (and sleek look) behind this cool Oreck air purifier.
- Learning about other cultures while vacationing in a stunning home found on Rentini.
- Studies in coordinating patterns with custom crib bedding from Dandelion Baby.
- Boning up on geography with Z Gallerie‘s graphic type map of the world.
- This coil pendant from Shades of Light, which I’m still wrapping my brain around.
- Definition wall decals from WallQuotes (some are serious, some are definitely not).
- This regal stencil from Royal Design Studio fit for a (homecoming) king or queen.
- The Tile Shop‘s grout selector, which already makes me feel smarter for my next tile job.
- Eco-friendly Naked Binders. ‘Tis the season for binders, after all. Why not go green?
- Mirror Mate‘s easy to follow guide for ordering the perfectly sized mirror frame.
- 1 Canoe 2‘s presidential letterpress poster (a killer way to absorb American History).
- Learning about Courtney Cox’s style through her curator’s collection on Joss & Main.
- Getting astronomical with Madcanvases‘ photo collage of the oldest planetarium around.
- Heart & Stone Jewelry‘s awesome charm necklace that benefits families with Autism.
- Nice Girl Notes‘ educational and hilarious lesson on Lincoln (aka: a “baller of history”).
- This chance to win $250 worth of handmade, artisan hardware from Liberty Hardware.
- Getting a Fish Foam window cleaning from the folks who know it best.
- This print from Silhouette Blue, which is my kind of venn diagram.
- Smock Paper‘s letterpress spiral notebooks. I actually brought this one and I love it.
- Getting the kids to the bus on time thanks to this wood clock from Jilly’s Happy Home.
- This geek-chic personalized crossword wedding print from Nella Designs.
- Finds like this on Ruby Lane: vintage school chairs for $28 a piece!
- ***And since you guys love a riddle, let’s just say that Monday’s giveaway, like school, will be good for you – er, your home.
And here are the deets on those DISCOUNTS:
- Royal Design Studio: 10% off stencils with code YHL10
- Shades of Light: 10% off using code YHL0811
- WallQuotes.com: 15% off with the code YHL15
- The Tile Shop: 10% off when you use the code YHL10
- Heart & Stone Jewelry: 10% off with the code YHL10
- Madcanvases:15% off with code YHL15
- One Canoe Two: 10% off with code YHL10
- Silhouette Blue: 15% off with code YHL15
- Nella Designs: 10% off with code YHL10
- FotoBella: 10% off your order with code YHL