Is It Bad Luck Not To Say Thanks?

**Psst- We know most Fridays we just post once, but every month on sponsor shout out days we double up. So Sherry will be back in a few hours with a quick tiling + furniture rearranging update.

It’s time for our usual monthly show of gratitude to our sponsors. You know, the people who make the other 30+ posts possible… and generally keep us away from black cats and stop us from walking under ladders (okay, not really the last part). But since today – Friday the 13th – is a sinister day cast in the shadow of superstition for some people, we tried to find some joy in the darkness by highlighting a few black, white, and grey items from our sponsors (none of which have been gifted to us – here’s our no-swag policy). And if you need some luck today, check out of some of the special discounts bulleted at the bottom. Happy Friday the 13th everyone!

• Bien Living Design‘s Long Distance Design service – especially the after pics.
  • Natural and organic goodies from Limegreen, made by a country girl in Brooklyn.
  • Personalizing just about anything over at Initial Presents, like this ikat pillow.
  • Everything from The Tile Shop that’s getting us through backsplash-fest 2012.
  • All of the quatrefoil-y goodness happening over at Shades of Light these days.
  • Speaking of quatrefoil, Z Gallerie‘s new 2012 stuff also has it going on.
  • WallQuotes‘ simple kitchen decals (are you surprised we have kitchens on the brain?)
  • Hoards of inspiration on Hometalk‘s Pinterest page. Oh look, another kitchen.
  • “Estelle” from Jenna Lou Designs, which had Sherry in love at first sight.
  • Dot Coms For Moms‘ DIY section, which includes a round up of cool free printables.
  • Old photos from Ruby Lane (they’d make for an awesome wall collage).
  • This geek-tastic retro calculator iPhone cover from House 8810.
  • Flashcard style + chic silhouettes + great nursery art =  Sarah + Abraham.
  • This guy (well, pillow) from Jilly’s Happy Home (he just looks fun to have around).
  • Liberty Hardware‘s good lookin’ Delta Porter Bath Collection.
  • Lasting Greatness from FLOR (hah, that’s actually the name of the pattern).
  • This (glue-less!) paper plane wallpaper from Trendy Peas (Sherry audibly gasped).
  • Le Papier Studio customizable silhouette mugs from their Valentine’s Day collection.
  • Amen, A Vintage Poster. Amen.
  • And for kicks here’s Burger, who looks like this in the morning (yup, he’s laying on a pillow, belly up with his lower half under the covers)

And now for those DISCOUNTS:

Comments

1. Beth says

Love the gray/black/white items…such a great color scheme. Random question–I’m on the no/low VOC bandwagon with you guys–does no/low VOC spray praint and/or primer exist? I’m refinishing a side table that has knobby/ornate legs, and I don’t think painting with a brush/roller will look smooth in the end. Thanks!

2. Katie says

Thanks for introducing me to Jenna Lou Designs on your site! I have one of her bags with me today (and get tons of compliments on it!) and may have to add one of those “Estelle” bags to my collection, too!

3. Jenn Allen says

“a sinister day cast in the shadow of superstition” – Love it! :) Sounds like a novel …

4. Laurie says

I love Friday the 13th. Found out I was pregnant with my first child on Friday the 13th, and then heard his heartbeat on a Friday the 13th as well! Its always been a good day for me :)

5. Missy G. says

I’m in love with that Estelle bag from Jenna Lou Designs. My oldest niece’s nickname is Jenna Lou. :) I guess I know where her next bday gift is coming from!!

Also, you forgot the discount code for that shop. It’s in the ad, but not in the list of discounts. YHL10 will get readers 10% off.

6. Katie says

We used the 10% off at the Tile Shop for our new bahtroom tile! Great discount and a really awesome, helpful place to go with a really good selection of tile, much better than the box stores!

Thanks!!

Not sure what you mean. The codes are at the bottom for ya (not everyone provides them, but we always ask!). Hope it helps! We’re so thankful for those too. Haha.

7. Heather says

These links are GREAT!!! I wanted to tell you I just installed an 8 x 10 FLOR area rug in my living room and we LOVE it!! I was not sure with two kids and two dogs how I would like it but so far so good! Though I have to tell you after seeing how nice that super large rug looks in your den I decided to order 9 more tiles to make my rug larger! ALL.YOUR.FAULT! :) This is the one we went with:

8. Mary says

Burger is so cute sleeping like that. We have a min pin that sleeps the same way. I’ll wake up in the middle of the night to find her sharing my pillow! It just makes me smile.

I want that paper plane wallpaper. NOW.
    Also, I think that might be one of my favorite FLOR styles I’ve seen! Some of their stuff is… meh.

10. Karen says

I love the Burger photo! I’m pretty sure that he would get along well with my dog (a mini doxie), they both seem to enjoy sleeping and snuggling above all else!

p.s. is the email notification of follow-up comments new, or did I just never scroll down enough to see it? I always check back to see if you respond to me and get very excited when you do- it’s like I’m talking to a celebrity! Haha!