432 Posts Down To 12

I’m a type-A kinda gal. I admit slash attempt to embrace that quality, because it’s just who I am. So to that end, after we did our first superlatives post back in July, I kept thinking about how it would be nice to have the earlier seven months worth of project breakdowns – to fill in the gap between January (two weeks after we moved in and essentially when we started doing projects) and July (when we started doing monthly roundups). It’s just fun for us to see a month at a glance, and we thought it might help some of you guys dig up specific projects without trolling through 432 posts in our archives. Scrolling through twelve posts to recap an entire year isn’t bad, right?

So that “would be nice” thought festered for a while, and started nagging me more and more and then it went from thinking about it (aka: wouldn’t that be nice) to obsessing about it (aka: do it before your brain eats itself!) so eventually I gave in and spent the last few months chipping away at it. Of course they don’t include every last blog post (there aren’t any Reader Redesigns or House Crashing posts or other random not-really-house-related things) but they’re full of all the noteworthy projects and adventures that we’ve had each month for the past year.

I figured I could silently post them at the end of each correlating month (by pre-dating them so they’d drop into the archives in the right order), but I also realized that hiding them “back in the day” isn’t as helpful as rounding them up in one big easy to troll page with 12 boxes to see the entire year at a glance. So here ya go (you can access that page anytime by clicking the box on the sidebar that says Quick Monthly Round-Ups). It was one of our resolutions to make our archives easier to navigate, so we figure this is a good first step.

Hope you enjoy the walk down memory lane. And here’s to another twelve months full of projects, posts, the bean, the Burgsie, and random ceramic animals of all shapes and sizes! We’re probably getting our penny tile on as you read this, so stay tuned for a big update with some wide shots and another video all about the application process tomorrow!

Psst- We’re craigslisting our full sized sofa bed from our first house’s office/guest room/playroom, so here are the deets for any interested locals.

Comments

What a great idea! It will definitely help us search.

This is off topic but when you order those photobooks, which site did you use? I wanted to make mini wedding albums for our parents but wanted to make sure we pick a place that has a good printing quality.

We like mypublisher.com because they run some pretty great sales and also allow up to 100 pages (with high quality paper + good res images). We hear some others are awesome too, so it’s definitely just one way to go!

2. Tyra says

Thanks! This will make the archives easy!! Why did you decide to get rid of your sleeper sofa? I was thinking you were holding on to it in case you ever had a house full of guests!

We have a guest room with a full sized bed now and also have two daybeds (each with a twin mattress) along with our queen-sized bed, Clara’s crib, a pack and play, and a giant sectional that could probably sleep three people so we think we’re all set!

I’m always up for a trip down memory lane! Sooo looking forward to the update on the penny tile. I’m so excited, I feel like it’s my kitchen that’s being done! Can’t wait!

4. Krista Ingram says

Bento me! I can’t seem to contain the papers from school that I want to keep for each of my two kids. I try to be picky, but they’re overtaking drawers and files to no end!

• Cordia says

I have the same problem too. I have a box in the top of my son’s closet that I put them in. I really need to get a plastic storage box or something. When I empty his backpack daily, I usually make a stack of what I am keeping and recycle the rest. That stack usually makes it up to the box by the end of the week,lol.

You guys have been busy bees! I can’t wait for the book to see just how busy you’ve REALLY been. I’m sure it’s hard keeping projects hidden from the camera!

Ahh- it’s mostly hard work hunting down materials and hiding those! Haha. Our playroom and guest room runneth over! And we’re not even into the big projects yet (larger furniture, etc).

6. Courtney says

Hi! Not sure if this is intentional, but “December 2011” under Monthly Roundups isn’t linked. Thought you might want a heads up :)

7. jessieomc says

I WANT your sleeper sofa soooooo bad!!!! I have been looking for a used one in good condition for several months now with no luck. Alas, I live in Statesboro GA and cannot travel to VA to pick it up =(

I’m so sad I’m not buying furniture right now, I could totally use a sofa bed. Alas, we’re saving up to buy a bunch of furniture later. I’m not a local (I’m in Virginia Beach) but my husband and I are planning a teeny-tiny Richmond getaway for our anniversary in a little less than two weeks. Thanks for your Richmond post, it’s helped us decide what to do when we get there.

Sorry about being so off-topic.

Love the monthly round-up, it’s bound to be very helpful.

9. Kari says

I live nowhere near Virginia and am not in the market for a sleeper sofa. However, just for kicks I went over to your listing. Thank you for writing a decent classified ad. I get so tired of reading only about how someone needs to sell something quick for some much needed cash, or, worse, not showing a picture. You were meticulous about dimensions and even included a suggestion that 2 people come to pick it up. Best of luck!

10. Courtney says

Hi! From one type-A gal to another, I thought I’d point out that “December 2011” on the Monthly Roundups page isn’t linked (it looks like it should be based on the other months). Not sure if this was intentional–it looks great though!